Check your account email address ×

Wtf is with the 840 poo

2 minutes ago, Reevester said:

No. That was the biggest issue with them flooding. I ran in non-ethanol for the first few hours and have had zero issue with plugs or fouling up. 

This is what Polaris recommend, not my words.  I followed those guidelines for my XCR break-in and no issues with plugs.  A lot of plug fouling issues are the operators fault where they stop and start the engine to often.  Just get on and ride normally varying the engine speeds and do not let the engine idle for more than 2 mins during the first 3 hours of break-in.  again Polaris recs 

5 minutes ago, Poncho said:

This is what Polaris recommend, not my words.  I followed those guidelines for my XCR break-in and no issues with plugs.  A lot of plug fouling issues are the operators fault where they stop and start the engine to often.  Just get on and ride normally varying the engine speeds and do not let the engine idle for more than 2 mins during the first 3 hours of break-in.  again Polaris recs 

Yeah I did the same just in non-ethanol mode. Because that's what the tech set it at. These guys don't know fuck all. :lol:

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

When you’re burning 30-50 gallons of gas on a long weekend, it adds up, esp at 50 bucks a gallon for synthetic oil.

Wtf u talking about??? Ben is saving 5 bucks on gas with 8 bucks of oil!!!!!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Wtf u talking about??? Ben is saving 5 bucks on gas with 8 bucks of oil!!!!!

Sometimes I actually run more oil in a tank than gas.......figure the oil is thicker so it doesnt get injected as fast and it really saves on fuel !!!!!!!!!1

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

When you’re burning 30-50 gallons of gas on a long weekend, it adds up, esp at 50 bucks a gallon for synthetic oil.

50 bucks for a gallon . fuck that shit sea and snow for the win 

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

Damn sounds pretty serious. :bigfinger:

:lol::bc:

go look at the parts blow up . 

it is mounted to the plastic tank with a plastic c .

if you road your sled in over the hood snow on a regularly you would think it is sort of serious. 

at least 2 to 3 times a day you are using the bars as leverage to get a snow loaded sled out of a deep  hole . 

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Sometimes I actually run more oil in a tank than gas.......figure the oil is thicker so it doesnt get injected as fast and it really saves on fuel !!!!!!!!!1

The old fry oil is free behind the bar.

5 hours ago, Poncho said:

Nope, do not run pre-mix in your tank.  from the Polaris break-in info.....

for break-in period it is essential that the engine is rich in fuel, as well as running the recommended oil in the oil tank.  That doesn't mean mixing the two, quite the contrary, do not add oil in gasoline because this addition will have the effect of reducing the richness of gasoline.  Run supreme, no oil in the tank, Polaris also state it is beneficial to ride in ETHANOL mode for the first 300kms.  They want the break-in period in richer mode from a fuel stand point.  Ethanol mode makes the engine consume much richer that the NON-ETHANOL mode. 

Sure doesn't instill a lot of confidence that your engine is going to last for any length of time! Why are things so complicated breaking in a new engine?

19 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

the post is sloppy. I deff will be thinking twice about using the bars to roll it over or push on when it is buried . 

So, even if Polaris does gets the engine issues figured out, there are likely other issues that are going to arise sooner or later as well. Sure doesn't sound like a bright way to install a steering system. :sad:

24 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

go look at the parts blow up . 

it is mounted to the plastic tank with a plastic c .

if you road your sled in over the hood snow on a regularly you would think it is sort of serious. 

at least 2 to 3 times a day you are using the bars as leverage to get a snow loaded sled out of a deep  hole . 

Settle down it'll be ok. I do see the mountain guys rolling them over all the time or landing on them. See broken throttles more then bars on insta. :bc:

24 minutes ago, irv said:

Sure doesn't instill a lot of confidence that your engine is going to last for any length of time! Why are things so complicated breaking in a new engine?

So, even if Polaris does gets the engine issues figured out, there are likely other issues that are going to arise sooner or later as well. Sure doesn't sound like a bright way to install a steering system. :sad:

It’s not complicated Irv, it is same as every other 2 stroke engine.....stop trolling.... Run straight premium fuel and vary the throttle position for few tanks of fuel.   Are you still driving the Ark?...lol

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Settle down it'll be ok. I do see the mountain guys rolling them over all the time or landing on them. See broken throttles more then bars on insta. :bc:

like this .

at least this one will just fold like tinfoil and not leave a bruise for 3 weeks 

20170205_155952.jpg

20170205_155927.jpg

13 minutes ago, Poncho said:

It’s not complicated Irv, it is same as every other 2 stroke engine.....stop trolling.... Run straight premium fuel and vary the throttle position for few tanks of fuel.   Are you still driving the Ark?...lol

Not a process I can remember for breaking in any 2 stroke sled, but whatever you say. Yep, still running the Ark and going on 6 yrs now without a hiccup nor a worry about one either. :bc:

6 minutes ago, irv said:

Not a process I can remember for breaking in any 2 stroke sled, but whatever you say. Yep, still running the Ark and going on 6 yrs now without a hiccup nor a worry about one either. :bc:

Spoken like a true believer....:)

• Haha 1