Check your account email address ×

One person killed during violent Charlotte protest

ckf

Charlotte, North Carolina (CNN)[Latest developments, published at 9:57 p.m. ET]

The person who was killed at a violent protest in Charlotte was shot by another civilian, the North Carolina city tweeted on its official account. Charlotte police did not fire the shot, the tweet said.
    Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Kerr Putney told Fox News about the death that occurred during a protest over a deadly officer-involved shooting Tuesday.
    A line of police officers wearing riot helmets and carrying shields have been approached at times by angry protesters. One man, who tells CNN he is a public defender, puts himself between the two lines of people, trying to get people to calm down.
    Police have grabbed one person and taken him behind the line of riot officers.
    [Original story, published at 9:17 p.m. ET]
    For a second night, protests over a deadly officer-involved shooting in Charlotte, North Carolina, turned violent, with police firing tear gas and demonstrators throwing objects and trying to damage vehicles.
    Keith Lamont Scott, a father of seven, was killed by police in an apartment complex parking lot Tuesday as officers looked for another man named in a warrant they were trying to serve.
    The shooting set off a long night of violent protests and Wednesday the demonstrations continued for a second night, starting off as a peaceful march through downtown Charlotte.
    But when the demonstrators neared an Omni Hotel, some people climbed the roof of an outdoor mall and started throwing objects at the crowd.
    Other people were banging on the doors of the hotel, and police in riot gear emerged in the entrance.

I don't understand why their "king" doesn't step in and calm the natives.  How many "savage unrests" does this make now in the last few years of his term?  Ahhhhh......bringing us all racial peace and unity.  Now if it wasn't for all these pesky laws and dedicated police officers...and of course all the white people in the way!  But hey.................that's none of our business.

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Guy had a gun :nuts: 

That's no excuse for killing another person who threatens the life of a police officer ordering him to drop it.  The correct response for LEO's should be to walk away calmly and slowly and act like everything is gonna be fine.  It's why Chicago is working out so well.  If we'd all just quit provoking these shootings and violent outbursts would stop.

Now, if you'll kindly call me a small watercraft to escape "LIB ISLAND", I'd appreciate it.

Image result for fantasy island

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

That's no excuse for killing another person who threatens the life of a police officer ordering him to drop it.  The correct response for LEO's should be to walk away calmly and slowly and act like everything is gonna be fine.  It's why Chicago is working out so well.  If we'd all just quit provoking these shootings and violent outbursts would stop.

Now, if you'll kindly call me a small watercraft to escape "LIB ISLAND", I'd appreciate it.

Image result for fantasy island

Funny!

• Platinum Contributing Member

No fucking way I would be a FoxNews reporter during those riots.  Wonder what they take along for security.   :nuts:

Edited by Highmark

25 minutes ago, Edmo said:

He should have shot him in the knee!

I miss Slinger, he was always good for a laugh. :lol: 

Is that the guy who said he could shoot somebody in the knee while they were running from 50 yards away or some shit?

Edited by Zambroski

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Is that they guy who said he could shoot somebody in the knee while they were running from 50 yards away or some shit?

That's him. He also thought Tony Stewart ran that guy over on purpose on the midget car track. Probably a bunch more I can't think of right now. Never a dull moment in slinger land. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

That's him. He also thought Tony Stewart ran that guy over on purpose on the midget car track. Probably a bunch more I can't think of right now. Never a dull moment in slinger land. :lol: 

Well hell...he sounds fun!  Where is he then?  Did you guys run him off?  You're all a bunch of big meanies!  :lol:

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well hell...he sounds fun!  Where is he then?  Did you guys run him off?  You're all a bunch of big meanies!  :lol:

No, he left on his own because he couldn't take all the Hillary bashing. Said he'd be back after she wins to rub our faces in it.:pc:

Edited by Edmo

• Platinum Contributing Member
    5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

5 hours ago, Edmo said:

No, he left on his own because he couldn't take all the Hillary bashing. Said he'd be back after she wins to rub our faces in it.:pc:

He pulled a Maine Scat but actually kept his word.

18 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

14368754_684391288381782_828768959525839147_n.jpg

A little different story in 1773.   They dumped the tea, paper, etc. into the bay to rebel against unfair taxes on those items if my recollection of my high school history classes is correct.   They destroyed the items being taxed....not destroy everything in sight because some criminal got shot.

26 minutes ago, Mikeadoo said:

A little different story in 1773.   They dumped the tea, paper, etc. into the bay to rebel against unfair taxes on those items if my recollection of my high school history classes is correct.   They destroyed the items being taxed....not destroy everything in sight because some criminal got shot.

White people are awful.

21 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I don't understand why their "king" doesn't step in and calm the natives.  How many "savage unrests" does this make now in the last few years of his term?  Ahhhhh......bringing us all racial peace and unity.  Now if it wasn't for all these pesky laws and dedicated police officers...and of course all the white people in the way!  But hey.................that's none of our business.

Cause he / they make a living off of civil unrest .  :bc: