Check your account email address ×

Another low snow winter

33 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Say it ain't so Joe! We had a foot here. Warmed up and raining today/tomorrow, it'll all be gone. Hope we have a good year, fingers crossed.

Eastern Wisconsin here. I would really like some snow this year. This current storm is missing us. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Anler said:

Was planning to go up on the 6th but this warm up and rain kinda fucked things up. Not looking too good now. I knew this would happen. 

Always hard to “plan” these sled trips around here anymore with the winters we’ve had. Just be cocked and locked when it hits you go!

Just now, Edmo said:

Always hard to “plan” these sled trips around here anymore with the winters we’ve had. Just be cocked and locked when it hits you go!

Yeah it was looking pretty good tho and then... RAIN! fucking bullshit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah it was looking pretty good tho and then... RAIN! fucking bullshit. 

I was up in Cadillac and it rained a lot this weekend. Too bad, the trails had a nice ice base already. Hmmm...sounds a lot like last year. :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I was up in Cadillac and it rained a lot this weekend. Too bad, the trails had a nice ice base already. Hmmm...sounds a lot like last year. :lol: 

I know, right? 

Actually looking pretty good here in northern MN. 8-10" of ice on the lakes and 3-4" of hard crusty snow over frozen ground. A couple clipper systems and we'll be riding here. Just need another 4-6 and its on

1 hour ago, s pump said:

2 plus feet in Maine 1 plus in Vt. Pretty good start here. Gaspe has 5-7 feet.

thats going to cause all sorts of grooming problems in Maine aint it?  is anything froze up?  i picture broken groomers all over the place sunk in the mud.... or worse.

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, Edmo said:

That's what I afraid of  :sad: 

34 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Telling  a buddy the other day, the same thing.  He has two scheduled rides in January/ February.  Got to  ride when there is snow, not date on calendar. 

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, old indy said:

thats going to cause all sorts of grooming problems in Maine aint it?  is anything froze up?  i picture broken groomers all over the place sunk in the mud.... or worse.

Nothing frozen so yah, groomers are just packing the dry areas right now. Still black powder hunting in the county so I'm pretty sure the trails are closed till that's done.

1 hour ago, old indy said:

It's been wicked cold a few nights. Well below zero before the snow. Should be fine.

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Nothing frozen so yah, groomers are just packing the dry areas right now. Still black powder hunting in the county so I'm pretty sure the trails are closed till that's done.

I figured.   its tougher on some clubs than others. hopfully no one gets wet pushing it too soon.

43 minutes ago, s pump said:

It's been wicked cold a few nights. Well below zero before the snow. Should be fine.

still,,,,,  i cant help but think bogs are gonna be a problem.  fuggers never seem to freeze up good when this happens. 

4 hours ago, old indy said:

I figured.   its tougher on some clubs than others. hopfully no one gets wet pushing it too soon.

still,,,,,  i cant help but think bogs are gonna be a problem.  fuggers never seem to freeze up good when this happens. 

Good start either way