Check your account email address ×

Ford taking it in the shorts.

Ford was in big trouble before the tariffs were implemented if within 90 days they're rated at junk. 

AUTOS

Moody's downgrades Ford's credit rating to one notch above junk bond status

• Moody's downgraded Ford to one notch above junk bond status Wednesday.
  • The company's debt rating could be cut even further, to non-investment grade, by the middle of next year if it doesn't make "clear progress" on its turnaround plan.
  • Ford is investing an estimated $11 billion in a turnaround plan over the next several years.
Published 4:39 PM ET Wed, 29 Aug 2018  Updated 6:48 PM ET Wed, 29 Aug 2018CNBC.com

Jim Hackett, president and chief executive officer of Ford Motor Co., center, speaks to members of the media at an event during the 2018 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, Jan. 14, 2018.
Andrew Harrer | Bloomberg | Getty Images
Jim Hackett, president and chief executive officer of Ford Motor Co., center, speaks to members of the media at an event during the 2018 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, Jan. 14, 2018.

Moody's downgraded Ford's credit rating to one notch above junk bond status Wednesday and warned that it could be further cut as the Detroit automaker struggles overseas and invests an estimated $11 billion on a turnaround plan.

The second-largest U.S. auto manufacturer is facing weakening profit margins in North America, a retrenching business in China, and losses in South America and Europe, at least some of which could continue to worsen, Moody's said in a research note.

The investments are necessary, but it will take several years before that translates to better performance, Moody's said.

"Success could be challenged by having to address the serious performance problems in multiple business units simultaneously," Moody's said, adding that it was keeping a negative outlook on its credit rating "primarily based on the difficult changes the automaker will have to make."

Moody's said the company's debt rating could be cut even further, to non-investment grade, by the middle of next year if it doesn't make "clear progress" on its turnaround plan

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/29/moodys-downgrades-ford-credit-rating-to-one-notch-above-junk-bond.html

32 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Im pretty happy with my f350...but i wish a native would steal my f150.

i have had almost no issues with my 12 or 15 . call it less than 500 in no warranty repairs in a combined 230k mi. now compare that with my old z71 and we are in the thosends.  now I know full well a tranny is coming some day in the 12 seeing as it has 140k and never had a tranny oil change and it is always overloaded . but just part of the deal . well that and the 12 is already rusted bad like this time next yr will deff need some of those gay ass plastic bushwacker fender flair deals . 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Gud poast toiler.

One of my buds got an almost new fusion for really cheap. I was surprised he bought a ford. It was a deal he said. Drove it a couple weeks and offed it. Vague steering, spongy brakes. I told him all this before he bought it... :lol: 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

i have had almost no issues with my 12 or 15 . call it less than 500 in no warranty repairs in a combined 230k mi. now compare that with my old z71 and we are in the thosends.  now I know full well a tranny is coming some day in the 12 seeing as it has 140k and never had a tranny oil change and it is always overloaded . but just part of the deal . well that and the 12 is already rusted bad like this time next yr will deff need some of those gay ass plastic bushwacker fender flair deals . 

Ive had a small electrical fire...tranny imploded....trans shifting issue again...draw on battery causing it to be dead in morning. All fixed under warranty....wife bought another 350...so im gonna sell it me thinks.

13 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ive had a small electrical fire...tranny imploded....trans shifting issue again...draw on battery causing it to be dead in morning. All fixed under warranty....wife bought another 350...so im gonna sell it me thinks.

My 2010 chev is still going strong. Gets beat to shit everyday. I think it has around 200k on it now almost all gravel and work. Think the biggest issue I fixed was a wheel bearing 

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

wow that is shit . I have only had 1 coolent  bracket connection bust a fan motor for heat and 3 of the fan motor resistors.  and lots of pads and rotors but that is on me .

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

wow that is shit . I have only had 1 coolent  bracket connection bust a fan motor for heat and 3 of the fan motor resistors.  and lots of pads and rotors but that is on me .

Ya...not even 35k on it either.