Check your account email address ×

Ford moving all small car production to Mexico

ckf

48 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I don't agree with whats going on here one bit. BUT, the only positive thing is that no Americans are losing their jobs over this. New jobs arent being created, but no one is losing their jobs.

Hopefully the new ranger and bronco will sell like crazy and keep Wayne assembly cranking.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anler said:

Yep. Sure these corps can be global but the US is still the prime market. So they are moving to skirt labor laws, minimum wage, environmental compliance, DOT regs, insurance, payroll taxes, etc... And then turn around and sell their goods in the US? That is a destructive policy. Ideally we should make any Corp follow the same standards domestic corps would have to follow to sell products here. That would be fair and that would build up the other countries alot better than the current system. 

So what if they have all that and still kick your ass?  What next!

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So what if they have all that and still kick your ass?  What next!

Then at least the ass kicking is done on a level playing field. I think you are full of shit when you say Chinese parts are better, more like you are a fraud that sells garbage to line your pockets,,,,,

2 minutes ago, Boered said:

Then at least the ass kicking is done on a level playing field. I think you are full of shit when you say Chinese parts are better, more like you are a fraud that sells garbage to line your pockets,,,,,

x2

4 minutes ago, Boered said:

i know their rotors and wheel bearings suck..ball joints also.

17 minutes ago, Boered said:

I don't sell Chinese shit, I have tested some components for customers.  Keep ignoring there progress, I am sure it will work out for well in the end.  

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't sell Chinese shit, I have tested some components for customers.  Keep ignoring there progress, I am sure it will work out for well in the end.  

I dont give a fuck if everything they make is superior to domestic and comes with free lifetime blowjobs from kate upton ......they have zero fucking environmental standards and their workers make pennies a day......

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont give a fuck if everything they make is superior to domestic and comes with free lifetime blowjobs from kate upton ......they have zero fucking environmental standards and their workers make pennies a day......

Well isn't that just dandy.  Most of the shit you buy every day comes from China.  Now the stuff you thought they could never replicate is coming as well, but this time your going to stop it, great.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Well isn't that just dandy.  Most of the shit you buy every day comes from China.  Now the stuff you thought they could never replicate is coming as well, but this time your going to stop it, great.

I can only voice my opinion and buy domestic when I can....which I do. Now go fuck yourself free traitor

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I can only voice my opinion and buy domestic when I can....which I do. Now go fuck yourself free traitor

Good on you.  When was the last time you went to Walmart?  I avoid them at all costs.  Keep avoiding china by calling there stuff crap, it isn't anymore, deal with it.

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Good on you.  When was the last time you went to Walmart?  I avoid them at all costs.  Keep avoiding china by calling there stuff crap, it isn't anymore, deal with it.

I don't shop at walmart ....ever. I don't even recall the last time I was in one. I'm sure I have chinese stuff all over the place and I have been surprised at the quality of some of it such as the shitty tool shop tool I have bought here or there or something like that. That doesnt mean that I condone their ability to import their slave made goods here without tariff.

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I don't shop at walmart ....ever. I don't even recall the last time I was in one. I'm sure I have chinese stuff all over the place and I have been surprised at the quality of some of it such as the shitty tool shop tool I have bought here or there or something like that. That doesnt mean that I condone their ability to import their slave made goods here without tariff.

Good for you then.  The higher end stuff coming from China and Mexico is on par with the same shit coming out of the USA and elsewhere, so better to acknowledge that than bury your head in the sand.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Good for you then.  The higher end stuff coming from China and Mexico is on par with the same shit coming out of the USA and elsewhere, so better to acknowledge that than bury your head in the sand.

I don't recall ever taking issue with the quality of their goods .....my issue is with the fact that the playing field is so far from level it is completely unfair to the american middle class to allow their shit to be sold here.

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I don't recall ever taking issue with the quality of their goods .....my issue is with the fact that the playing field is so far from level it is completely unfair to the american middle class to allow their shit to be sold here.

Sure, but you realize its not just China and Mexico.  So if there are other countries on a level playing field who are kicking your ass, what say then?  The corps are no longer American, that ship has sailed.

3 hours ago, Edmo said:

Hopefully the new ranger and bronco will sell like crazy and keep Wayne assembly cranking.

I hope so too.  I know a bunch of people who work there from when I went down there to do change over from Expedition/Navigator to Focus. Plus a bunch of people who left my plant to go work there. 

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Yes

image.png

Hopefully they look like these renditions that are out there.  They will sell like crazy 

34 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sure, but you realize its not just China and Mexico.  So if there are other countries on a level playing field who are kicking your ass, what say then?  The corps are no longer American, that ship has sailed.

If a country builds a better widhet fairly than we either get more innovative or move away from that market. I fully support that premise

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Not to mention how they keep their currency low and refuse to let it trade as everyone elses has to. They cheat the system and our fools in government allow it. All under the impression we will gain access to their markets. Then you have a few assholes like crusher making a better bottom line off of using their crap and he will defend it till the end as if when we stop the dumping of goods he would not make the same money as everyone else competing with him would be in the same boat. He is a fool.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Then be prepared to pay a lot and I mean a lot more for the same thing with the same quality. Only difference is it was made by Bubba and he made $90k for a low skill job paid for by you

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

Then be prepared to pay a lot and I mean a lot more for the same thing with the same quality. Only difference is it was made by Bubba and he made $90k for a low skill job paid for by you

That is simply not universally true. I work for an american manufacturer and we produce our goods at a profit and at a very competetive price