Check your account email address ×

Ford moving all small car production to Mexico

ckf

25 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Yeah, that rendering looks awesome. 

Yes they do.  I liked the blue one the best 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That is simply not universally true. I work for an american manufacturer and we produce our goods at a profit and at a very competetive price

Ford and GM are making record profits and were still making great money. What he said in the post you quoted is complete BS :nuts:

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Ford and GM are making record profits and were still making great money. What he said in the post you quoted is complete BS :nuts:

Well...this 02sled faggot is a momo dupe so it's not surprising

59 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I hope so too.  I know a bunch of people who work there from when I went down there to do change over from Expedition/Navigator to Focus. Plus a bunch of people who left my plant to go work there. 

Hopefully they look like these renditions that are out there.  They will sell like crazy 

i like that!

i had a 84 bronc II with a 5 speed ..really liked it cept the 2.8 was a huge pos.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Good on you.  When was the last time you went to Walmart?  I avoid them at all costs.  Keep avoiding china by calling there stuff crap, it isn't anymore, deal with it.

Why Walmart sell all the major brands :dunno:  

7 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

:lol:

2020-Ford-Bronco-Designed-by-a-Fan-Forum.jpg.cf.jpg

bronco-9.jpg.cf (1).jpg

2020-Ford-Bronco-Concept-03.jpg.cf.jpg

People love the wrangler, and the reality is it's not a great vehicle to drive. Something with decent quality in this class should sell like crazy.

8 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

If your plant is losing money, it matters little if the corp as a whole is making record profits, it will likely be shut down.

31 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That will never compete with the Wrangler.:lol:

Image result for wrangler jeep sign

I think it will if they make it rugged enough. People loved the original bronco. It won't if they make it a  citiot curb jumper.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Hopefully thats what they look like, or close to it 

Same goes for this 

New-Ford-Ranger-production.jpg.cf.jpg

Bout time Ford got back into this portion of the market. Too bad that looks like a Honda Ridgeline

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Ford is denying the move

They're not denying the move, just that jobs will be lost. The plant will be making other vehicles in the future.

21 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I don't agree with whats going on here one bit. BUT, the only positive thing is that no Americans are losing their jobs over this. New jobs arent being created, but no one is losing their jobs.

That's right, and Trump is full of shit when he talks about a 35% tax on cars made in Mexico being imported into the US.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That's right, and Trump is full of shit when he talks about a 35% tax on cars made in Mexico being imported into the US.

It would work....  Much like the chicken tax on pickups...  No foreign built pickups beside ram and gm and there nafta full size pickups built in mexico.  Those companies have to build there pickups in north america if they want to sell here competitively.  Before bill clinton's nafta mexico wasnt really involved in auto for US.  Hillary's tpp would open the us up to cheap asian trucks in the us that are manufacture in the least enviromentally friendly way. 

9 hours ago, Edmo said:

People love the wrangler, and the reality is it's not a great vehicle to drive. Something with decent quality in this class should sell like crazy.

I'm sure both will sell very well

9 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If your plant is losing money, it matters little if the corp as a whole is making record profits, it will likely be shut down.

Not true 

5 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

will the eb motor be offered in it?

Which one? :lol:

5 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Bout time Ford got back into this portion of the market. Too bad that looks like a Honda Ridgeline

Looks better 

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If they make a Harley version perhaps they can appeal to Homo's.

What color you gonna get?