Check your account email address ×

Ford moving all small car production to Mexico

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I personally think they are too high right now.

States and local could contribute too by lower income and sales taxes on American made goods.  

Reality is mfg is the main one who has to compete with lower costs of production in other countries.   Other industries like service to not as well.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't have an issue with that at all, I agree with it actually, but that is not what America need to be concerned about.  I have done work in many countries and I can tell you some of them are royalling kicking ass with production efficiency regardless of wages and that is something not to be taken for granted or ignored.  It has little to do with wages. 

It does when we are protecting our standard of living. You see, if we are forced to have our labour compete for jobs in countries with poor standards of living and lax regulation the result is we lower our standard of living and will end up with many more working poor. Do we want that, I say no. Do a few want it, yes, those that have wealth want it as in the end it benefits them personally.

1 minute ago, Boered said:

It does when we are protecting our standard of living. You see, if we are forced to have our labour compete for jobs in countries with poor standards of living and lax regulation the result is we lower our standard of living and will end up with many more working poor. Do we want that, I say no. Do a few want it, yes, those that have wealth want it as in the end it benefits them personally.

yep..i said years back that our standard of living would drop more then theirs would come up.

20 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How is that working for Brazil?

No idea Brazil is a 2nd world shithole that export nothing that I am aware of :dunno: , not the number one economy in the world, the difference is that the US hold all the cards 

4 minutes ago, Boered said:

The corps do not owe you anything though.  The corps that were once American are now global, so who should there loyality be to, the Americans, the Brits, the French, The Germans, The Dutch, The Japs etc etc etc.  Where should the operations be expanded?  I am no fan of shithole countries and that is not what I was referring to when I said the US needs a reality check with production efficiency, they are lower compared to others, that is a fact and protectionism will not help that.  So improvements can be made and are well warranted.

7 minutes ago, Momorider said:

No idea Brazil is a 2nd world shithole that export nothing that I am aware of :dunno: , not the number one economy in the world, the difference is that the US hold all the cards 

Well they have the protectionism in place and many OEM's setup shop there to avoid the punitive tariffs.  Its the ultimate Liberal utopia and yes its a complete failure.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The corps do not owe you anything though.  The corps that were once American are now global, so who should there loyality be to, the Americans, the Brits, the French, The Germans, The Dutch, The Japs etc etc etc.  Where should the operations be expanded?  I am no fan of shithole countries and that is not what I was referring to when I said the US needs a reality check with production efficiency, they are lower compared to others, that is a fact and protectionism will not help that.  So improvements can be made and are well warranted.

We as a people owe corps nothing. We are the government, even though corps do their best to buy and influence political decisions. Corporations are parasites by nature and will do anything to thrive, even dump toxic chemicals in drinking water to make ten cnts more per share. That is a fact and that is why we need government regs to control behaviour. Hence the run to countries they can rape the environment with no recourse for the people of those countries. We should not allow them to then ship their products here tax free.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its funny the countries you listed America, Britain, France, Germany, Dutch and Japan are mostly on a level playing field with regulations and wages with the exception of maybe the Japs not allowing access to markets and the manipulating currency and corporate tax rates :dunno: Its the slave labour markets of China, South Korea Mexico that are the problem. And the truth is multinationals are accountable only to shareholders.  

6 minutes ago, Boered said:

We as a people owe corps nothing. We are the government, even though corps do their best to buy and influence political decisions. Corporations are parasites by nature and will do anything to thrive, even dump toxic chemicals in drinking water to make ten cnts more per share. That is a fact and that is why we need government regs to control behaviour. Hence the run to countries they can rape the environment with no recourse for the people of those countries. We should not allow them to then ship their products here tax free.

Well they need to be held to account, but those are not the countries I was referring to.  Its an equal playing field, so get it in gear.

2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Its funny the countries you listed America, Britain, France, Germany, Dutch and Japan are mostly on a level playing field with regulations and wages with the exception of maybe the Japs not allowing access to markets and the manipulating currency and corporate tax rates :dunno: Its the slave labour markets of China, South Korea Mexico that are the problem. And the truth is multinationals are accountable only to shareholders.  

And yet the Japs are pumping shitloads into the US building new plants and such.  

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well they need to be held to account, but those are not the countries I was referring to.  Its an equal playing field, so get it in gear.

And yet the Japs are pumping shitloads into the US building new plants and such.  

Buy a Jap made car built in the US then :) funny they wont let Americans build cars in Japan, thats why is not fair 

Edited by Momorider

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

Buy a Jap made car built in the US then :) funny they wont let Americans build cars in Japan, thats why is not fair 

Well I like Ford and Dodge actually.  Was not referring to the Jap automotive influx but rather specialty industries where they are pumping billions.  No American is going to voice concern.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Well I like Ford and Dodge actually.  Was not referring to the Jap automotive influx but rather specialty industries where they are pumping billions.  No American is going to voice concern.

If there are american companies doing similar work maybe they should cuz I bet they cant go the Japan and do the same thing :dunno: 

10 minutes ago, Momorider said:

If there are american companies doing similar work maybe they should cuz I bet they cant go the Japan and do the same thing :dunno: 

Sure, but what if there isn't?  What if they have a lock on the technology protected even?

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Get an ST 

This is old news ckf 

I was thinking of that but times change.  Im going to take all $28,700 VW is giving me on my 50,000 mile used and abused TDI and paying my wife's mortgage down.  Will only owe 50K on the house then.  Turning it into the a rental.  Kids are all gone!!!!  Got the wife back in College as well....  hopefully within 3 or 4 years she gets her nurse practitioner and eventually I can quit work and do gardening or some shit.  So Im buying a fucking bad as hearse or limo as my daily driver.  Most likely a hearse as I can fit all my drag bags and tools in one while chasing the next job.  Something like this.... would be bad ass tramping rig.  Even my VW hatchback is friken full everytime I roll out to the next job.

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/5695139471.html

Edited by BOHICA

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I was thinking of that but times change.  Im going to take all $28,700 VW is giving me on my 50,000 mile used and abused TDI and paying my wife's mortgage down.  Will only owe 50K on the house then.  Turning it into the a rental.  Kids are all gone!!!!  Got the wife back in College as well....  hopefully within 3 or 4 years she gets her nurse practitioner and eventually I can quit work and do gardening or some shit.  So Im buying a fucking bad as hearse or limo as my daily driver.  Most likely a hearse as I can fit all my drag bags and tools in one while chasing the next job.  Something like this.... would be bad ass tramping rig.  Even my VW hatchback is friken full everytime I roll out to the next job.

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/5695139471.html

Ready for it :)

I wouldn't get caught dead in that thing :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just retire the old "Buy American" slogan already. Ford is just going th way of other American manu's along with their suppliers....building in Mexico and using the cheap labor.

So, now all you Blue oval fan bois have left is bitching about square wheel wells  :lol: 

13 hours ago, Boered said:

Yep. Sure these corps can be global but the US is still the prime market. So they are moving to skirt labor laws, minimum wage, environmental compliance, DOT regs, insurance, payroll taxes, etc... And then turn around and sell their goods in the US? That is a destructive policy. Ideally we should make any Corp follow the same standards domestic corps would have to follow to sell products here. That would be fair and that would build up the other countries alot better than the current system. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Anler said:

Yep. Sure these corps can be global but the US is still the prime market. So they are moving to skirt labor laws, minimum wage, environmental compliance, DOT regs, insurance, payroll taxes, etc... And then turn around and sell their goods in the US? That is a destructive policy. Ideally we should make any Corp follow the same standards domestic corps would have to follow to sell products here. That would be fair and that would build up the other countries alot better than the current system. 

Good luck getting bought and paid for scum in Washington to do that.

9 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Just retire the old "Buy American" slogan already. Ford is just going th way of other American manu's along with their suppliers....building in Mexico and using the cheap labor.

So, now all you Blue oval fan bois have left is bitching about square wheel wells  :lol: 

I don't agree with whats going on here one bit. BUT, the only positive thing is that no Americans are losing their jobs over this. New jobs arent being created, but no one is losing their jobs.