Check your account email address ×

Criminalizing the victim.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/search-warrant-marijuana-found-in-botham-jeans-apartment-after-deadly-shooting

•  
  • guyger_1536541704287.png

There have been several warrants signed by judges and executed in this case aside from the arrest warrant for Guyger and the search warrant signed September 7 that were returned to the court on Thursday. The others are still sealed and not accessible.

The search warrant executed in Jean’s apartment at South Side Flats specifically sought fired cartridge casings, fired projectiles, firearms, ballistic vests, keys, evidence of blood, video surveillance systems, and contraband such as narcotics and other items used in criminal offenses.

The inventory return yielded:
2 fired cartridge casings
1 laptop computer
1 black backpack with police equipment and paperwork
1 insulated lunch box
1 black ballistic vest with "police" markings
10.4 grams of marijuana in ziplock bags
1 metal marijuana grinder
2 RFID keys
2 used packages of medical aid

The document does not say where any of the items were located in the apartment or who the items belong to.

Click the link for the whole piece. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

A few weeks back I brought up the unarmed  black 17 year old that was shot in the back and killed by cops while he was running away....a certain member said “zero fucks given...he shouldn’t have run”....WTF.

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

Cops have forgotten what their role is. Especially in the states. 

because they have been put on an untouchable pedestal for too many years esp post 9/11 and now their actions are starting to have consequences.  The militarization of the police is unacceptable.  Get them out of their cars and back on the streets.  

Not sure how this is a police shooting and the police actions are disturbing.   She was off duty and probably inebriated in some manner because she went into the wrong apartment that she says she thought was hers.  

To me this case is just as much about issues we have in the legal system with judges issuing warrants.   WTF would a judge issue a warrant here for against the victim?   Warrants are supposed to be issued based on some verifiable evidence that a crime has taken place or will.....not when you are a victim.    

Officer Amber Guyger, who shot him, said she mistook his apartment for her own and thought he was an intruder.

Edited by Highmark

10 hours ago, motonoggin said:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/search-warrant-marijuana-found-in-botham-jeans-apartment-after-deadly-shooting

•  
  • guyger_1536541704287.png

There have been several warrants signed by judges and executed in this case aside from the arrest warrant for Guyger and the search warrant signed September 7 that were returned to the court on Thursday. The others are still sealed and not accessible.

The search warrant executed in Jean’s apartment at South Side Flats specifically sought fired cartridge casings, fired projectiles, firearms, ballistic vests, keys, evidence of blood, video surveillance systems, and contraband such as narcotics and other items used in criminal offenses.

The inventory return yielded:
2 fired cartridge casings
1 laptop computer
1 black backpack with police equipment and paperwork
1 insulated lunch box
1 black ballistic vest with "police" markings
10.4 grams of marijuana in ziplock bags
1 metal marijuana grinder
2 RFID keys
2 used packages of medical aid

The document does not say where any of the items were located in the apartment or who the items belong to.

Click the link for the whole piece. 

To a judge or jury, all of this is not relevant to the fact she shot a man in his own residence.  She's going to the big house. (and not Michigan Stadium)

3 hours ago, motonoggin said:

@washedupmxer

Blue Lives Matter talking about the Dallas shooting:

41524151_1538123226288412_3664130475317788672_o.jpg

Never underestimate the mentality of a cop to protect their own.  She was overzealous and killed another human being.  I see one says if he would have obeyed her commands he's still be alive. Yea, that's right, in his own fucking house?! Stupid assholes!

11 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Country is a bunch of bootlickers. This is all fine and great until someone you care about gets shot. It happens. And cops do what cops do, cover it up. 

My father was a very successful trial attorney and he always said the only people to lie more often on the stand than cops were preachers. 

Edited by SmeeAgain

Just now, SmeeAgain said:

My father was a very successful trial attorney and he always said the only people to lie more often on the stand that cops were preachers. 

I dont think alot of people know this. Cops fucking lie... ALOT. Especially in court. Funny thing i got out of a ticket as a 17 year old because I busted a cop who was lying. The judge just gave a disapproving look at the cop but no punishment or consequence. I can write a book about all of the shady cop dealings i have witnessed. 

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

I dont think alot of people know this. Cops fucking lie... ALOT. Especially in court. Funny thing i got out of a ticket as a 17 year old because I busted a cop who was lying. The judge just gave a disapproving look at the cop but no punishment or consequence. I can write a book about all of the shady cop dealings i have witnessed. 

I think their attitude is that they think you did something wrong and they're going to get you convicted by any means necessary.  The ends justify the means to them.  I had a run-in with a couple of state boys in Paw Paw coming back from Chicago once.  It was 9:30 at night on December 21st and they told the magistrate the estimated my speed at a mile away at 75 to 80 mph.  This was when the limit was 65.  I said to the magistrate are you going to believe another word they said after that statement.  He looked at the cop and the cop proceeded to say how they're trained to estimate speeds.   They were so full of shit it was unreal.  I had to take it to court and the judge basically told the cop to STFU as soon as he said that to him.  The judge asked the cops if they ever took their eyes off my car and they said no.  He then asked them how they turned around in the median without looking where they were going.  The told him they did for a second to make a safe turn.  Judge: You pulled over the wrong vehicle. Case dismissed!  LOL  Fact was I wasn't speeding anyway - an actual first!  LOL

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

I think their attitude is that they think you did something wrong and they're going to get you convicted by any means necessary.  The ends justify the means to them.  I had a run-in with a couple of state boys in Paw Paw coming back from Chicago once.  It was 9:30 at night on December 21st and they told the magistrate the estimated my speed at a mile away at 75 to 80 mph.  This was when the limit was 65.  I said to the magistrate are you going to believe another word they said after that statement.  He looked at the cop and the cop proceeded to say how they're trained to estimate speeds.   They were so full of shit it was unreal.  I had to take it to court and the judge basically told the cop to STFU as soon as he said that to him.  The judge asked the cops if they ever took their eyes off my car and they said no.  He then asked them how they turned around in the median without looking where they were going.  The told him they did for a second to make a safe turn.  Judge: You pulled over the wrong vehicle. Case dismissed!  LOL  Fact was I wasn't speeding anyway - an actual first!  LOL

No, judges and prosecutors are politicians and their success is measured by the number of convictions they get. Many people just plead guilty to lesser crimes because they dont want to waste the time and resources to fight it. And if you are accused of a more serious crime and you dont have the resources to contest the charges you are pretty much screwed. Thats why more poor people end up in prison. And even if you do have the resources to fight the charges and the prosecutor thinks that he may not get a conviction they will offer a plea for a lesser offense. So then you have the choice between admitted guilt for a lesser crime and walking away OR take your chances with the judge or jury which many will just take the plea and the prosecutor still gets his conviction. A friend of mine just got rung up on a dui like this. He has a CDL license so the legal limit is .04. He beat all of the tests, proved the cops were lying, used their own video against them and then ended up taking a plea. Cost him $12,000 to do all of that. 

28 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Fucking cops!  I was just talking to my sister (attorney) and she had a young woman (~20) in the office last week who has had two accidents in the last year.  She was heading south and about 5 miles from Imlay City and noticed a car tailgating her. She was driving extra careful and slow because of her record.  She was looking in the mirror to see if it was a cop or what and ran over the rumble bumps in the center of the road.  It was an off duty cop in his own car.  He called the Imlay City police and told them she was driving on the rumble strip.  She got pulled over and the cop gave her a careless driving ticket!! He wrote on the ticket that he observed her going over the line!  Fucking liar!! He already said it was from the off duty cop calling in!  They have no jurisdiction in this case let alone lying about who saw her go over the strips which certainly isn't careless driving.  Damn!! 

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

No, judges and prosecutors are politicians and their success is measured by the number of convictions they get. Many people just plead guilty to lesser crimes because they dont want to waste the time and resources to fight it. And if you are accused of a more serious crime and you dont have the resources to contest the charges you are pretty much screwed. Thats why more poor people end up in prison. And even if you do have the resources to fight the charges and the prosecutor thinks that he may not get a conviction they will offer a plea for a lesser offense. So then you have the choice between admitted guilt for a lesser crime and walking away OR take your chances with the judge or jury which many will just take the plea and the prosecutor still gets his conviction. A friend of mine just got rung up on a dui like this. He has a CDL license so the legal limit is .04. He beat all of the tests, proved the cops were lying, used their own video against them and then ended up taking a plea. Cost him $12,000 to do all of that. 

$12 grand! Fucking cops should be liable for that after getting caught lying. 

Just now, SmeeAgain said:

$12 grand! Fucking cops should be liable for that after getting caught lying. 

If you lie on the stand its perjury, if they lie its just their recollection of events. Unless they are on trial... 

• Like 1

We just had a Charlevoix County Sheriffs Deputy ( a guy I went to school with) get popped for a DUI by the State Police which is surprising in itself but as far as I can tell he escaped any serious trouble...see him everyday in his patrol vehicle.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We just had a Charlevoix County Sheriffs Deputy ( a guy I went to school with) get popped for a DUI by the State Police which is surprising in itself but as far as I can tell he escaped any serious trouble...see him everyday in his patrol vehicle.

Most of the time cops get off for any traffic infractions, unless they are total dickheads. Neighbors brother (is a cop) got popped for DUI last year and the story was in the paper. Dude went full retard on the cops that pulled him over. He lost his job over it. Guy was going thru a divorce and was probably unstable already. I havent talked with my neighbor about it but i bet he got another police job somewhere else.