Check your account email address ×

Need a new vehicle for the wife

Rod

32 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

No it wasn't the montes and regals were slow ill handling pieces of shit. The late 70s and 80s was a wasteland of American car design. 

Took my brother through 6 years of college after Dad had driven it 90k.

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

Wat

Lol. It fits 5 people with luggage. AWD only has 10,500 kms on it and beats the hell out of $20,000 lol

10 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

77 -79 t/a was nice... 78 ,80,81 z28 were awesome too. Needed help in the go department but nice cars . Especially 4sp

Shitty olds 403 in a 79 ta.  77-78 at least had the pontiac 400.

Z28s at least had a 350 sb.

13 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

77 -79 t/a was nice... 78 ,80,81 z28 were awesome too. Needed help in the go department but nice cars . Especially 4sp

yeah....no I'd have to disagree.  I had a 79 TA 6.6 bought new, WS6 pkg. bird delete, no t tops.  What i thought was as purist as you he could get.  What a piece of shit in stock trim.  Rattling leaking piece of shit.  AC worked for shit, not that fast, the rattles drove me nuts.  I finally put headers, real duals and a few other things to wake it up.  My girlfriend/first wife got a 82 Z-28 with the 305.  My god what a gutless pile.  My 05 GTO with the LS2 would embarass any of those era cars.  The new stuff would embarass my GTO.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

yeah....no I'd have to disagree.  I had a 79 TA 6.6 bought new, WS6 pkg. bird delete, no t tops.  What i thought was as purist as you he could get.  What a piece of shit in stock trim.  Rattling leaking piece of shit.  AC worked for shit, not that fast, the rattles drove me nuts.  I finally put headers, real duals and a few other things to wake it up.  My girlfriend/first wife got a 82 Z-28 with the 305.  My god what a gutless pile.  My 05 GTO with the LS2 would embarass any of those era cars.  The new stuff would embarass my GTO.

I have a 6700lb truck that would embarrass your 05. Badly.

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I dont know aboot dat...those gtos were sleepers....they were austrailian i believe no?

Just now, J. Jackson said:

I have a 6700lb truck that would embarrass your 05. Badly.

Not looking for an argument, and wouldn't care either ways but wut?  :lol:  Lets hear what kind of 6700 lb. truck goes 0-60 faster than 4.6 seconds and is in the 12s for a 1/4 mile?  :dunno:    :bc: 

• Like 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Not looking for an argument, and wouldn't care either ways but wut?  :lol:  Lets hear what kind of 6700 lb. truck goes 0-60 faster than 4.6 seconds and is in the 12s for a 1/4 mile?  :dunno:    :bc: 

Not a stock one! :lol:

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

I dont know aboot dat...those gtos were sleepers....they were austrailian i believe no?

Yeah it was a Holden.  Same motor a Corvette came with at the time.  Rated 400 hp.  The new shit is well north of 600 hp.  

4 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

07 Ram 2500

What ya got done to it?

I had 2 07s...one with 6.7 and the other a 5.9

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah it was a Holden.  Same motor a Corvette came with at the time.  Rated 400 hp.  The new shit is well north of 600 hp.  

True

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

gotcha.  Still skeptical of a 3/4 ton truck being quicker to 60 than even a lowly 05 GTO

Me too...i was north of 500hp on my 6.7 with some engine mods and tuner.

18 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Shitty olds 403 in a 79 ta.  77-78 at least had the pontiac 400.

Z28s at least had a 350 sb.

79 was nice looking tho. Bud had a 79, I was stunned to see the 403 in there . 180hp pos...I had a 78 z28 4sp 383 stroker.  Was a fun fast car. 

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I agree. Only point I was making i guess was they were nice looking . I know they sucked shit in stock form. I especially liked the 81 z28, 4sp with the functional cowl like and old chevelle...

• Like 1

Buy her a WRX and make up a :bullshit: story about how some guy stole your keys off a bar when you really crashed it cuz you can't drive worth fuck because you are a fucking midget who can't see over the steering wheel  :bc: 

• Haha 1