Check your account email address ×

Trump plan will aid farmers hurt by tariffs

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

It means they will not go out of business, greater profits with less chance... ZERO SUBSIDIES  ...  the glutton of milk south of us could very well put every farm out of business ended up dependent on USA.  Their Dairy is in trouble for this reason why would you insist on the same for Canadian Farmers :dunno:  

You should stick to your Wheat Board topic

You have no idea that you’re talking about :lol: 

26 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

You have no idea that you’re talking about :lol: 

all Party's are on board with this, you are alone as usual - You know every farmer is behind this way of doing  business :dunno:  

I doubt the changing of the Wheat Board has helped one bit, thanks Harper 

12 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

all Party's are on board with this, you are alone as usual - You know every farmer is behind this way of doing  business :dunno:  

I doubt the changing of the Wheat Board has helped one bit, thanks Harper 

Why should one be forced to "market" their grain to a government entity?

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

Could end up being money added to the crop insurance programs already in place in which farmers need to pay into to participate.   I do not support more money or the fact the program goes beyond crop loss due to weather in the first place.   It incentivizes over production.  

Dig into my posts where he first announced his tariffs.... I stated that this would be one of the results :news:

Incentivizing encouraged hedgerow to hedgerow farming in the 70's, I witnessed the loss of great game habitat so we could overproduce in the 70's, then we ended up in shitty recession at the end of the 70's....coincidence? IDK

9 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Because it’s obvious as hell? :lol:

So what about things like free healthcare, free college, UBI, etc. the Democrats are pushing for?

If this is the standard, both sides try to buy votes.  

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

So what about things like free healthcare, free college, UBI, etc. the Democrats are pushing for?

If this is the standard, both sides try to buy votes.  

Obviously. I was laughing at you thinking the media needed to proclaim this when it is obvious.

13 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Obviously. I was laughing at you thinking the media needed to proclaim this when it is obvious.

Doling out handouts to less then 2% of the population and having someone complaining about it who supports to party that would dole out handouts to all their supporters is kind of comical.  

Or pathetic.  

17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Doling out handouts to less then 2% of the population and having someone complaining about it who supports to party that would dole out handouts to all their supporters is kind of comical.  

Or pathetic.  

Trump, and the gop for that matter, are going to need all the help they can get the next election. Farmers, and those associated with farming, matter

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Trump, and the gop for that matter, are going to need all the help they can get the next election. Farmers, and those associated with farming, matter

We were Hillary's deplorable.  You can't say that about essentially 50% of the voting public and expect to come out smelling like a rose. 

13 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Just want to make sure I’ve got this...you are telling farmers here what matters to farmers.  Because NOW farmers matter.

Interesting stuff.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Highmark said:

Could end up being money added to the crop insurance programs already in place in which farmers need to pay into to participate.   I do not support more money or the fact the program goes beyond crop loss due to weather in the first place.   It incentivizes over production.  

The red state farmers who support Dump are the biggest hypocrites and dumb as fuck.  More rural America welfare where there’s an abundance of stupid people. 

0D42C1F1-8DEF-4E55-A18A-1E2887168D3A.jpeg

15 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

The red state farmers who support Dump are the biggest hypocrites and dumb as fuck.  More rural America welfare where there’s an abundance of stupid people. 

You realize that attitudes like yours drove people away from Hillary and continue to drive people away from your party/political ideology, right?

• Like 2

Just now, racinfarmer said:

You realize that attitudes like yours drove people away from Hillary and continue to drive people away from your party/political ideology, right?

You realize you’re a hypocritical Dump apologists waiting for a 12 billion dollar handout because his policies you support fucked you over.   It don’t get no dumber than that bro 👍

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You realize you’re a hypocritical Dump apologists waiting for a 12 billion dollar handout because his policies you support fucked you over.   It don’t get no dumber than that bro 👍

Don't mistake my disdain for Hitlery as support for Trump. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

We were Hillary's deplorable.  You can't say that about essentially 50% of the voting public and expect to come out smelling like a rose. 

8 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Ahhh yes...more condescension and arrogance that will ensure future election losses.

9 hours ago, SnowRider said:

And this is why you are losing.   Keep it up.

11 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Dig into my posts where he first announced his tariffs.... I stated that this would be one of the results :news:

Incentivizing encouraged hedgerow to hedgerow farming in the 70's, I witnessed the loss of great game habitat so we could overproduce in the 70's, then we ended up in shitty recession at the end of the 70's....coincidence? IDK

And I've posted numerous times on the same thing.   I do not support farm subsidies other than those that have a secondary benefit (wildlife habitat) and even then I'm hesitant.  

Few years back when corn hit over $7 and beans $14 farmers couldn't doze the waterways and and plow CRP under fast enough.   We lost 2500 acres of the most incredible private pheasant hunting ground in SD you could imagine.   8 years into a contract and they bought it out.  At the same time 7 tree lined waterways were dozed under withing 3 miles either way of my place.   Incredible bird and deer habitat gone.  When I was a kid you could pheasant hunt fence lines without dogs.   There were 10-15 ft of grass on both sides.   Now they plant within a few feet.   I know farms that back yards are half the size they once were just so they can plant 1/4 acre more corn.   Add in genetics that can produce in all but a serious drought and you have $3-$4 corn.  

Any commodity business is its own worst enemy.   Maximum production all of the time from everyone no matter if there is a market for the product or not.   If I produced my products that way I'd been out of business within a year of startup.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And I've posted numerous times on the same thing.   I do not support farm subsidies other than those that have a secondary benefit (wildlife habitat) and even then I'm hesitant.  

Few years back when corn hit over $7 and beans $14 farmers couldn't doze the waterways and and plow CRP under fast enough.   We lost 2500 acres of the most incredible private pheasant hunting ground in SD you could imagine.   8 years into a contract and they bought it out.  At the same time 7 tree lined waterways were dozed under withing 3 miles either way of my place.   Incredible bird and deer habitat gone.  When I was a kid you could pheasant hunt fence lines without dogs.   There were 10-15 ft of grass on both sides.   Now they plant within a few feet.   I know farms that back yards are half the size they once were just so they can plant 1/4 acre more corn.   Add in genetics that can produce in all but a serious drought and you have $3-$4 corn.  

Any commodity business is its own worst enemy.   Maximum production all of the time from everyone no matter if there is a market for the product or not.   If I produced my products that way I'd been out of business within a year of startup.  

Yep......and most are your fellow Repugs who whine when the going gets tough and turn to the government for a bailout.