Check your account email address ×

Trump plan will aid farmers hurt by tariffs

Just now, Mainecat said:

Trump cries about Canada's Dairy which is well setup and has ZERO subsidies.

American' dairy is well subsidized by the taxpayer

Keep paying 

12 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Keep paying 

right because quotas are in no way a method for the government to subzidize producers.  

18 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

right because quotas are in no way a method for the government to subzidize producers.  

We don't have an overloaded market that dumps 100k gallons of milk because they can't sell it.  Blame other countries for the greed.

Farming isn't like making pencils 

Dairy is guaranteed a price for their product which equates to a few cents more per purchase. - No bankruptcies no over flow

you see bad

38 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

More spending?  Not very "conservative", right Racer?

I have never said I like everything Trump does.  But there is enough trump hate in this forum so that I don't have to add to it.

BTW, what is the exact plan?  Or is this just the start of another hate trump thread?

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, racer254 said:

I have never said I like everything Trump does.  But there is enough trump hate in this forum so that I don't have to add to it.

BTW, what is the exact plan?  Or is this just the start of another hate trump thread?

Could end up being money added to the crop insurance programs already in place in which farmers need to pay into to participate.   I do not support more money or the fact the program goes beyond crop loss due to weather in the first place.   It incentivizes over production.  

56 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Keep paying 

:lies: and complete :bullshit: from WRONG AGAIN FAIL 

22 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

We don't have an overloaded market that dumps 100k gallons of milk because they can't sell it.  Blame other countries for the greed.

Farming isn't like making pencils 

Dairy is guaranteed a price for their product which equates to a few cents more per purchase. - No bankruptcies no over flow

you see bad

It forces farmers to spend millions for a piece of paper saying they’re allowed to produce milk 

55 minutes ago, racer254 said:

spending some money because of trump's fuck-ups, trying to hold onto some upcoming votes

5 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

It forces farmers to spend millions for a piece of paper saying they’re allowed to produce milk 

It means they will not go out of business, greater profits with less chance... ZERO SUBSIDIES  ...  the glutton of milk south of us could very well put every farm out of business ended up dependent on USA.  Their Dairy is in trouble for this reason why would you insist on the same for Canadian Farmers :dunno:  

You should stick to your Wheat Board topic

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Highmark said:

Could end up being money added to the crop insurance programs already in place in which farmers need to pay into to participate.   I do not support more money or the fact the program goes beyond crop loss due to weather in the first place.   It incentivizes over production.  

Yes it does. and then the problem continues.

6 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Keep paying 

Quota system.

5 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Bingo.

30 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Buying votes with tax payers cash. Go trump. 

What web forums are issuing that talking point today?  Every major news website comment section has exactly that same comment.  

28 minutes ago, hayward said:

Less than 2% of the u.s. population are farmers.  :dunno:

Seems like a poor group of votes to buy for the money.  

41 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

It means they will not go out of business, greater profits with less chance... ZERO SUBSIDIES  ...  the glutton of milk south of us could very well put every farm out of business ended up dependent on USA.  Their Dairy is in trouble for this reason why would you insist on the same for Canadian Farmers :dunno:  

You should stick to your Wheat Board topic

You should stick to pot cuz you don't know the first thing about how supply management works :finger: