Check your account email address ×

Goodbye Harley

The most likely scenario here is that MC stands at the end of his driveway in his bathrobe angrily cursing and waving his 4 day old newspaper at Harley riders as they pass by , all the while , the neighborhood kid on his BMX bike is loading a cherrybomb into the senile old coots mailbox right behind his back .       But now all of a sudden , because CNBC came out with another half truth , anti Trump hack article , it's " Poor Harley Davidson , what will the world do without those wonderful machines now "     You can't make this shit up , even tho I just did .

:bc:

Edited by Sal Rosenberg

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

Yup. Harley reaps huge tax breaks and then gets a minuscule tariff. Decides to float up like a turd. Complete bs fabrication as I have said already. These fuckers are being political opportunists to move a factory they already wanted to under the guise of tariff struggles. Fuck Harley.

I just got word today that I'll be heading to their Thailand plant in the next 6 months. We just got the order today for a turnkey. A few lathes doing all the turning on some of their Milwaukee 8's and 1200s. Should be interesting from a career standpoint but I am disappointed they have chosen to go that route.  Im heading to the PTO plant in milwaukee tomorrow to finish up the runoff on the last 2 lathe cells we just finished implementing into a fanuc robot cell with Makino horizontal mills that do the cylinder fin highlighting. the cells run milwaukee 8s and Twin cams.  

Edited by thewayout

Been this way for years:

Harley-Davidson motorcycles sold in the United States are not actually made here, but assembled here. Harley contracts manufacturing of parts to plants located all over the world, including Germany, Italy, Taiwan, Japan, and Mexico. Those parts are then shipped to Harley factories here.

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Yup. Harley reaps huge tax breaks and then gets a minuscule tariff. Decides to float up like a turd. Complete bs fabrication as I have said already. These fuckers are being political opportunists to move a factory they already wanted to under the guise of tariff struggles. Fuck Harley.

Harley got a $2 billion bail out in 2008 also. 

53 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Fuck Harley , plenty of companies makes just as good or better than Harley. 

Harley is more a lifestyle than a product,  how else does one justify spending 25k on a bike then another 10k in extras vs a 15k jap bike that is faster,  better handling and more reliable.  that said if they actually fit a 6'4 rider well I'd be on one right now.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

Harley is more a lifestyle than a product,  how else does one justify spending 25k on a bike then another 10k in extras vs a 15k jap bike that is faster,  better handling and more reliable.  that said if they actually fit a 6'4 rider well I'd be on one right now.  

6'4 ??????   I thought you were a big man?

Just now, Angry ginger said:

well at one point i was a 340 lb man so fat is more accurate than big.  legroom on most harleys is terrible

yah....340 is big. I thought you were like 6'6 or more though. Not sure where I got that idea I guess 

17 hours ago, jtssrx said:

If you have a plant in Europe why build them here and ship them? Toyota building cars in the US should the Japanese people be pissed at Toyota??

MC you're a massive tool bag. Obama killed our economy and claimed manufacturing jobs were gone for good. He was wrong.  

You say, as manufacturing jobs head over seas...

Neal

USA, Missouri, Kansas City – Vehicle and Powertrain Operations. Tour information >

USA, Pennsylvania, York – Vehicle Operations. Tour information >

USA, Wisconsin, Menomonee Falls – Powertrain Operations. Tour information >

USA, Wisconsin, Tomahawk – Tomahawk Operations

Australia, Adelaide – New Castalloy

Brazil, Manaus –Harley-Davidson do Brasil Ltda Assembly Plant

India, Bawal – Harley-Davidson India Bawal Assembly Plant

Thailand, Rayong – Thailand Sales Office and Assembly Plant

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Now nobody is gonna like Harley. The bikes are ill handling pieces of shit. Old retired republicans bought em to be fake criminals. 

They’ve been sinking for a while. Used ones aren’t worth dick. “Now” is so 5 years ago. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

the sound of a large flock of harley riders with loud fag exhausts (trump supporters) selling their bikes.  

Trump supporters will be embarrassed to ride em. They should.