Check your account email address ×

How to put an end to vacation shaming

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I do, I'm in sales, the only traveler, I produce very well, it's family owned, doesn't matter if you're the best employee, it's all personal opinion

That's how people get competitors.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

I just got totally harassed by my employer for taking this past Friday off to bring my daughter to a lacrosse tournament she was in...to the point where the controller who monitors vacation came into my office with 3 years of history.. I'm betting that Monday I get fired.. never went over my days, my start date is next week, so I re-up...never went over my days, in 24yrs I have called in 4 times,..and it's a family owened company that supposedly cares and understands my being a single full time parent..

That’s bullshit.  I hope it works out for you 

:bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Ez ryder said:

paid vacation he'll even vacation what is that .

the fucking phone never stops . I miss the days of pay phones and pagers 

Drug dealers never sleep.....pagers and pay phones...you're a real playa!

So,when you are out west riding you're not on vacation?

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Drug dealers never sleep.....pagers and pay phones...you're a real playa!

So,when you are out west riding you're not on vacation?

no still on the phone and doing email every morning and night and when they come through on the hill . the way it is pretty much the same deal with every guy I ride with except the one who has never had to work 

5 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I just got totally harassed by my employer for taking this past Friday off to bring my daughter to a lacrosse tournament she was in...to the point where the controller who monitors vacation came into my office with 3 years of history.. I'm betting that Monday I get fired.. never went over my days, my start date is next week, so I re-up...never went over my days, in 24yrs I have called in 4 times,..and it's a family owened company that supposedly cares and understands my being a single full time parent..

I'd loose my fuckin shit .  I'm not the kind of guy to retaliate with legal shit but if I was in your shoes and the went full cunt like that then I'd think pretty hard about it . Just remember , if they are doing it to you then they are and will do it to others .    :bc:

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

This shit goes on in my business a lot .   :bc:

Edited by Sal Rosenberg
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Sound like cunts. Fuck em. I know we bend over backwards to the point of screwing ourselves for our people to take time off. Just part of our culture. We want people energized and ready to work when they are there. If that means they have 6 weeks vacation because they have been there 10+ years and want to take every Friday off during the summer, so be it. We encourage it. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

paid vacation he'll even vacation what is that .

the fucking phone never stops . I miss the days of pay phones and pagers 

I used to leave the phone at home when I went up north , but the ol lady just kept giving me too much static over it .  Now I just call her when I get up there on Friday night , let her know that I made it Ok , then throw the fucker in the console of the truck and let it freeze .  

2 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

I'm on vacation right now, 1 week in and one to go!

We got a guy who took all 7 in a row this summer.

I got a double in February for the cruise.

Honestly I've been on a semi vacation for the last year or more. I work a couple days a week and not much else. Phone calls and meetings and that's it.

Hopefully that changes soon, but I'm not complaining. Gonna be an awesome summer.

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I work for a Fortune 500 company and can take as much time as I want off.

We arent allowed to carry over vacation or cash it out unless we took a minimum of 2 weeks off during the year.

Just now, f7ben said:

We arent allowed to carry over vacation or cash it out unless we took a minimum of 2 weeks off during the year.

Place I used to work for used to make guys take 5 days a year, whenever they wanted, but it was mandatory that you do at least a 5 day stretch for mental health reasons. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I work for a Fortune 500 company and can take as much time as I want off.

Of course you can but if you don't produce what happens?

Just now, motonoggin said:

Place I used to work for used to make guys take 5 days a year, whenever they wanted, but it was mandatory that you do at least a 5 day stretch for mental health reasons. 

People need time off.....

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Of course you can but if you don't produce what happens?

Point being, I could make a couple good deals and take the rest of the week/month/year off.  No time clock, no cubicle.  They don't care how you do it as long as you do it.  I know many guys in this region who don't have to work very hard in the traditional sense.  it was more or less a comment on motos hatred of capitalism and how its not as he would portray.

• Like 1

I have just over 8 weeks paid time off a year and use every fucking minute of it. I'll be off from july 24 to Aug 24 for summer vacation this year. Usual go hunting for 3 weeks too.

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Point being, I could make a couple good deals and take the rest of the week/month/year off.  No time clock, no cubicle.  They don't care how you do it as long as you do it.  I know many guys in this region who don't have to work very hard in the traditional sense.  it was more or less a comment on motos hatred of capitalism and how its not as he would portray.

Yeah but if this were a just world, all our jobs would be like that, not just the flim flam skimmers.

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

I have just over 8 weeks paid time off a year and use every fucking minute of it. I'll be off from july 24 to Aug 24 for summer vacation this year. Usual go hunting for 3 weeks too.

Oh really....

You going out of town?

:whistle:

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's how people get competitors.

YUPPERS!!!!  Best way to lose clients is piss of your best outside sales reps!  Fuck that guy and all those customers he’s built solid relationships with for years!!!  FUCK THEM!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Hey @Rigid1 ....might be time for some “shingle shopping”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Yeah but if this were a just world, all our jobs would be like that, not just the flim flam skimmers.

yeah but some tasks in life just don't work that way.