Check your account email address ×

Trump is right. Trump demands Canada dismantle supply management or risk trading relationship

supply management is here to stay Trump will get no where on that subject. Trump took a beating at G7 meeting, left early so he can tweet his lies out.  What a cry baby.

and lol thinking the president is in charge of where cars are built :lol: 

37 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

supply management is here to stay Trump will get no where on that subject. Trump took a beating at G7 meeting, left early so he can tweet his lies out.  What a cry baby.

The great negotiator runs away and then tweets his demands.

WTF is that. Kind of like getting his ass kicked in the playground, crying uncle and then calling names when he is at the other side of the playground.  Complete fucking pussy.  But then again we all knew captain heel spurs was a coward. 

Look how he cowers when Merkel is talking to him. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

The great negotiator runs away and then tweets his demands.

WTF is that. Kind of like getting his ass kicked in the playground, crying uncle and then calling names when he is at the other side of the playground.  Complete fucking pussy.  But then again we all knew captain heel spurs was a coward. 

Look how he cowers when Merkel is talking to him. 

:baby:🤐

I'd like all you Dems to take note of what Spin just did here. He obviously loathes Trump much like I do.....but he examined an issue .....used some critical thinking skills and decided that he was in support of the President on this one policy. He then stated as much and moved on. 

It's not hard to do

11 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lmao: more Opposite Day in WRONG AGAIN FAIL land :lol: 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/g7-communique-leaders-negotiations-1.4699871

So one year ago Trump told Trudeau that we would be exempt and it would be an insult to call Canada a security threat.  Trudeau repeating Trumps words is now an insult. 

I guess he doesn’t like to be reminded of his lies. 

Good luck when your auto plants shut down because they run out of parts. 

Everyone loses in a trade war.  Your dumbass chose to start 6 and ally himself with Russia. As part of TDS Trumpsters call this winning. 

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/g7-communique-leaders-negotiations-1.4699871

So one year ago Trump told Trudeau that we would be exempt and it would be an insult to call Canada a security threat.  Trudeau repeating Trumps words is now an insult. 

I guess he doesn’t like to be reminded of his lies. 

Good luck when your auto plants shut down because they run out of parts. 

Everyone loses in a trade war.  Your dumbass chose to start 6 and ally himself with Russia. As part of TDS Trumpsters call this winning. 

:lies: and complete fucking :bullshit: all this sodomite posts 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I'd like all you Dems to take note of what Spin just did here. He obviously loathes Trump much like I do.....but he examined an issue .....used some critical thinking skills and decided that he was in support of the President on this one policy. He then stated as much and moved on. 

It's not hard to do

It seems trump’s goal is a simple one. Get rid of all tariffs. Totally. Is that realistic? Tough call. The United States isn’t pure in all this either. Farmers here are subsidized and there’s very high tariffs on clothing. Most people don’t know that clothing and footwear imports are charged as much as 55% coming into the United States. IMO, that’s insane. Imagine how much less it would be to purchase clothing without tariffs? 

I’ve talked with a friend that works with very large mfg company that’s local to me. He said that the issue isn’t so much the tariffs as it is regulatory red tape. His product will sell with or without the tariffs. It’s all the regulatory bullshit that makes penetration into some markets very difficult. 

Edited by spin_dry

It depends what he means by red tape. In Canada and Europe we’ve banned milk produced using growth hormones.  If that is the red tape you are talking about then fuck them.  

There are other food additives that we have decided are dangerous, right or wrong a Country should be able to decide on matters affecting health. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It seems trump’s goal is a simple one. Get rid of all tariffs. Totally. Is that realistic? Tough call. The United States isn’t pure in all this either. Farmers here are subsidized and there’s very high tariffs on clothing. Most people don’t know that clothing and footwear imports are charged as much as 55% coming into the United States. IMO, that’s insane. Imagine how much less it would be to purchase clothing without tariffs? 

I’ve talked with a friend that works with very large mfg company that’s local to me. He said that the issue isn’t so much the tariffs as it is regulatory red tape. His product will sell with or without the tariffs. It’s all the regulatory bullshit that makes penetration into some markets very difficult. 

I want free trade with 1st world countries and zero trade with 3rd world slave markets

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

I want free trade with 1st world countries and zero trade with 3rd world slave markets

The American economy is already adjusted to trade with 2nd and 3rd world nations because America is a 1st 2nd and 3rd world nation rolled into one. There’s people here that work for slave wages. They can only afford goods that are shipped here from the slave labor countries. You know, the Walmart shoppers.....dollar general shoppers. What’s going to happen when the coming price increases in goods dramatically hinder their purchasing power? People like you and I aren’t effected. But what about those on the lower rung of economic scale? Wages are not catching up despite the very tight labor market. I keep hearing that wages will, yet it’s remained dull. 

I’m all for some of trump’s ideas on changes in trade. Yet fixing one problem has been known to create five others. 

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

The American economy is already adjusted to trade with 2nd and 3rd world nations because America is a 1st 2nd and 3rd world nation rolled into one. There’s people here that work for slave wages. They can only afford goods that are shipped here from the slave labor countries. You know, the Walmart shoppers.....dollar general shoppers. What’s going to happen when the coming price increases in goods dramatically hinder their purchasing power? People like you and I aren’t effected. But what about those on the lower rung of economic scale? Wages are not catching up despite the very tight labor market. I keep hearing that wages will, yet it’s remained dull. 

I’m all for some of trump’s ideas on changes in trade. Yet fixing one problem has been known to create five others. 

The thing is tarrifs and protectionism that has prevailed since WWII has created problems of its own. Most of Europe has some sort of protectionist policies when it comes to trade.