Check your account email address ×

At $21 TRILLION, the national debt is growing 36% faster than the US economy

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

did you miss the part where I said good idea NO . but reality was he was not living up to his turms of surrender.

better stop cleaning your rollers laquerthinner .

Lol, you better stop using it for mouthwash

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Snake said:

On Friday’s “PBS NewsHour,” New York Times columnist David Brooks said that the GOP tax bill is working better than he thought it would and the evidence “seems to be that what the Trump people told us would happen is happening, that companies are reinvesting the money.”

Brooks stated, “I was against the Trump tax cuts. But the early evidence is that they’re working better than I thought. And so, in the first quarter, among S&P companies, capital expenditures are up 39 percent. That’s a seven-year high. That’s far higher than a lot of us thought. Stock buybacks, which is just giving people — to shareholders, that’s only 16 percent. So the evidence from just the first quarter seems to be that what the Trump people told us would happen is happening, that companies are reinvesting the money. … And so, it’s important to oppose what’s opposable and what’s reprehensible and offensive. And we’ve been doing that, as I say, for three years. But it’s also important to see reality. And the more serious opposition will, frankly, be on disastrous policies or not disastrous policies.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/05/05/brooks-on-tax-bill-seems-like-what-the-trump-people-told-us-would-happen-is-happening/

So capital spending is up big and stock buybacks are a very low percentage. Looks like MC is being led around by the nose again. Fool.

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

did you miss the part where I said good idea NO . but reality was he was not living up to his turms of surrender.

better stop cleaning your rollers laquerthinner .

Why would I clean rollers with Lacquer thinner and by saying he wasn't living up to the terms of his surrender you are tacitly approving the Iraq War as a suitable response. 

4 hours ago, Snake said:

On Friday’s “PBS NewsHour,” New York Times columnist David Brooks said that the GOP tax bill is working better than he thought it would and the evidence “seems to be that what the Trump people told us would happen is happening, that companies are reinvesting the money.”

Brooks stated, “I was against the Trump tax cuts. But the early evidence is that they’re working better than I thought. And so, in the first quarter, among S&P companies, capital expenditures are up 39 percent. That’s a seven-year high. That’s far higher than a lot of us thought. Stock buybacks, which is just giving people — to shareholders, that’s only 16 percent. So the evidence from just the first quarter seems to be that what the Trump people told us would happen is happening, that companies are reinvesting the money. … And so, it’s important to oppose what’s opposable and what’s reprehensible and offensive. And we’ve been doing that, as I say, for three years. But it’s also important to see reality. And the more serious opposition will, frankly, be on disastrous policies or not disastrous policies.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/05/05/brooks-on-tax-bill-seems-like-what-the-trump-people-told-us-would-happen-is-happening/

Good post, and it's good that S&P companies have increased CapEx spending by 39% in Q1, but the point Rubio was making is that aside from splashy good press bonuses what is actually getting back to the average employee that works for the corporation, the long term result is when we look back in 5 years will we see increased wages, will we see decreased Govt. debt?

On 5/5/2018 at 3:18 PM, spin_dry said:

You have no business posting this. Your boy Obama took us from 9 trillion to close to 20 in eight years. 

Bush was no better he able doubled it from from 5 to 9 trillion 

26 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

You have no business posting this. Your boy Obama took us from 9 trillion to close to 20 in eight years. 

Bush was no better he able doubled it from from 5 to 9 trillion 

After the severe Bush recession/depression was resolved resolved under obama, the county experienced deficit to GDP ratios better than the Reagan years. Under Trump it’s back up over 3% again. 

Edited by spin_dry

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

After the severe Bush recession/depression was resolved resolved under obama, the county experienced deficit to GDP ratios better than the Reagan years. Under Trump it’s back up over 3% again. 

Ha Ha Ha obama was the first President to never have one quarter of gdp growth of 3.0. Not one fucking quarter. 

Im not sure where you come up with your bullshit but there is no way with growth as low as he had and debt added to the national debt if that eight year period that what you said can be true. 

You can Manipulate the numbers by playing with percentages as one article I found did that showed Democrats not adding as large a  percentage but the fact is the overall numbers show the truth.

Reagan added 1.86 trillion over 8 years

Bush added 5.8 trillion over 8 year

Obama added 8.5 trillion over 8 years

All inherited Recessions. Bush stated after the dotcom bubble burst. Obama stared after the Real estate bubble burst. Reagan started after Carter killed this country’s jobs with crazy high interest-rate’s. Reagan added 30 million jobs to the economy and not these little bullshit part time jobs at Obama added. 

30 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Ha Ha Ha obama was the first President to never have one quarter of gdp growth of 3.0. Not one fucking quarter. 

Im not sure where you come up with your bullshit but there is no way with growth as low as he had and debt added to the national debt if that eight year period that what you said can be true. 

You can Manipulate the numbers by playing with percentages as one article I found did that showed Democrats not adding as large a  percentage but the fact is the overall numbers show the truth.

All inherited Recessions. Bush stated after the dotcom bubble burst. Obama stared after the Real estate bubble burst. Reagan started after Carter killed this country’s jobs with crazy high interest-rate’s. Reagan added 30 million jobs to the economy and not these little bullshit part time jobs at Obama added. 

You’re literally too stupid to post on the interwebs.........and I mean that in a good Christian way :thumbsup:

51 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You’re literally too stupid to post on the interwebs.........and I mean that in a good Christian way :thumbsup:

He has absolutely no clue how serious the “08 recession was on a global scale. Let him chase his paranoid delusions of odd things. 

35 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I’m your intellectual superior.....now STFU :thumbsup:

137 right?:lol:

32 minutes ago, Snake said:

blown-vs-good-fuse-126271.png

Nah, if only there was an intelligent load connected to that, like a light bulb.  That is what the 137's need for advanced troubleshooting.

2 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Reagan blew the debt up faster than anyone before or since

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

You can't post one fact to refute what I said. that's what happens when you're a retard. No fuck off and I don't mean that in a good Christian way shit stain 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Reagan blew the debt up faster than anyone before or since

These guys like to look at dollars because it sells their point. They totally overlook the methods that got us here. Dubya was the worst spender in chief. He increased spending his very first year almost 29%. Obama never even had a budget approved until his last terms which the republicans complicitly signed off on because there was no political advantage to opposing it at that point. 2003 is when the republican party lost me as it was overwhelmingly obvious they werent the least bit conservative, fiscally or any other way.

They further reinforced that with the recent budget where they ADDED an extra half a trillion in spending when the economy was seemingly doing pretty well. Compounded with tax cuts of course. Its republican math all over again. Im sure it will work out THIS time...

bush_obama_spending_2014.jpg

22 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

@Highmark @racer254 What’s different this time.....:news:

No difference.  I've always been very clear that we spend too much money on all govt programs including the military.

There is no way you are going to find a candidate or party that doesn't spend too much.   They all will and yes it will eventually destroy America.

Best you can do is vote for candidates that meet as many of your other political ideas as you can because spending is going to happen no matter what.   Would I like to see it be different, yes, will it, No.  

Without question the GOP lost its way on spending since the 1990's but to claim the dems are somehow "better" is laughable.  

11 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Military spending. that's how we won the cold war. Not saying it's right

Won the cold war..... Hmmmmm.   Let's see, Reagan armed the Taliban to turn Afghanistan into Russia's Vietnam.

Then he promised the Saudi Royal family that he would protect their Dictatorship as long as they kept the price of oil below the cost the Russians can produce their oil.

Then he increased the Arms race plunging both countries further in debt.

Glad nothing bad happened because of any of those moves.

11 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

These guys like to look at dollars because it sells their point. They totally overlook the methods that got us here. Dubya was the worst spender in chief. He increased spending his very first year almost 29%. Obama never even had a budget approved until his last terms which the republicans complicitly signed off on because there was no political advantage to opposing it at that point. 2003 is when the republican party lost me as it was overwhelmingly obvious they werent the least bit conservative, fiscally or any other way.

They further reinforced that with the recent budget where they ADDED an extra half a trillion in spending when the economy was seemingly doing pretty well. Compounded with tax cuts of course. Its republican math all over again. Im sure it will work out THIS time...

bush_obama_spending_2014.jpg

I wonder how much the Republicans would have liked Bush if he increased taxes to pay for his wars.

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You believe all that bullshit. Wow. 

Yep. We were told our whole lives that the Soviets wanted to kill us. 

21 hours ago, SnowRider said:

@Highmark @racer254 What’s different this time.....:news:

I am not constantly hearing about government bailouts, raising taxes etc.  Current tax breaks are adding to my paycheck instead of dems constantly wanting to take more of it.  Do you understand?