Check your account email address ×

At $21 TRILLION, the national debt is growing 36% faster than the US economy

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

And what % of Obamas 10 trillion was interest on the Iraq war????

I wonder if any Bush or Trump fans ever wondered why it took the USA so long to end the Afghan and Iraq wars. 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

10 trillion no don't think that will happen not even close 

If the article is to be believed 1 trillion in 6 month is a faster rate than Obama.  

I know you are devoutly stupid so you won't understand but I'll say it anyway.

Obama took over at a time when businesses were failing, people were losing their jobs and houses. Therefore taxes were going to be lower both corporate and personal.  That decreases revenue and increases debt.  Add to that two wars started and not finished by a couple of Republican chuckleheads and increased payments of social programs because of the aforementioned recession, and adding to the debt is inevitable. 

The deficit decrease each year Obama was in office, evidently it is increasing under Trump and you aren't fighting two wars and a recession. 

Cue the Trumpster "I don't care about debt, I got a tax cut. I think or I was told I did   ahhhhh fuck it, I hate Mexicans and Syrians "

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Hmmm

"There is still a lot of thinking on the right that if big corporations are happy, they’re going to take the money they’re saving and reinvest it in American workers. In fact they bought back shares, a few gave out bonuses; there’s no evidence whatsoever that the money’s been massively poured back into the American worker.”
— Sen. Marco Rubio

.7paytoplay thinks that is BS and it’s just a matter of time until it happens. He also thinks the debt isn’t a big deal anymore. He is like a wolfie/racer hybrid these days.

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol:

From the Govt knows how to use your money better than you do crowd. 

Just now, Mainecat said:

Wow.

It doesn't?   It doesn't benefit people with 401K's?   It doesn't benefit public workers pensions?   It doesn't benefit teachers pensions?  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

It doesn't?   It doesn't benefit people with 401K's?   It doesn't benefit public workers pensions?   It doesn't benefit teachers pensions?  

It benefits corporations and stagnates the economy

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It benefits corporations and stagnates the economy

I love how corporations doing good is a bad thing to people like you.   Did you think the same with your brothers company?

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

It drives up the stock price. why is that a bad thing?

Because to people like MC its all us vs them mentality.   Unless its their company.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Zambroski said:

Wut?

...nevermind.

Corporations are not a part of the economy.....didn't you know that?   :lol:

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Corporations are not a part of the economy.....didn't you know that?   :lol:

It's literally hard to comprehend some shit getting posted in here anymore.  Or, maybe I'm just getting bored with it.  It used to be more humorous I guess.  Now, I sometimes feel I'm just throwing rocks at the short bus.  :lol:

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

well they deff were not living up to there tearms of surrender by blocking UN inspectors for over 2 yrs . that was enough to go in alI on its own . good idea no but under there tearms of surrender it was enough 

imho bush 1 was a fuck up for not finishing the job the first time 

Bush 1 followed The UN Mandate and are you shitting me....that whole tragic boondoggle is cool with you because of some blocked UN Inspectors...what a drug addled idiot.

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I love how corporations doing good is a bad thing to people like you.   Did you think the same with your brothers company?

The CEOS and upper management make out the most with buy backs.....you know this. It stagnates wage growth and wage inequality too.

Only 54% of Americans are invested in the market.

Trumps tax cuts given by all taxpayers only benefit a few. 

11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The CEOS and upper management make out the most with buy backs.....you know this. It stagnates wage growth and wage inequality too.

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Buying back paper does not lead to new facilities and jobs in the US.

Related image

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yes, those who actually pay taxes.

17 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Hmmm

"There is still a lot of thinking on the right that if big corporations are happy, they’re going to take the money they’re saving and reinvest it in American workers. In fact they bought back shares, a few gave out bonuses; there’s no evidence whatsoever that the money’s been massively poured back into the American worker.”
— Sen. Marco Rubio

On Friday’s “PBS NewsHour,” New York Times columnist David Brooks said that the GOP tax bill is working better than he thought it would and the evidence “seems to be that what the Trump people told us would happen is happening, that companies are reinvesting the money.”

Brooks stated, “I was against the Trump tax cuts. But the early evidence is that they’re working better than I thought. And so, in the first quarter, among S&P companies, capital expenditures are up 39 percent. That’s a seven-year high. That’s far higher than a lot of us thought. Stock buybacks, which is just giving people — to shareholders, that’s only 16 percent. So the evidence from just the first quarter seems to be that what the Trump people told us would happen is happening, that companies are reinvesting the money. … And so, it’s important to oppose what’s opposable and what’s reprehensible and offensive. And we’ve been doing that, as I say, for three years. But it’s also important to see reality. And the more serious opposition will, frankly, be on disastrous policies or not disastrous policies.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/05/05/brooks-on-tax-bill-seems-like-what-the-trump-people-told-us-would-happen-is-happening/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Bush 1 followed The UN Mandate and are you shitting me....that whole tragic boondoggle is cool with you because of some blocked UN Inspectors...what a drug addled idiot.

did you miss the part where I said good idea NO . but reality was he was not living up to his turms of surrender.

better stop cleaning your rollers laquerthinner .