Check your account email address ×

Side X Side Thoughts and Recommendations

BTW I plowed for a couple years with my old 2011 rzr. I had the metal blade, and it just wasnt heavy enough to cut all the way down. Usually had to make multiple passes to get the snow moved. IMO, a plastic blade would really suck.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I don't plow with mine.   I've heard the shock kits for the front make them ride stiff you don't take them back to stock.   That was a much older Ranger.   Maybe they don't stiffen the front on the kits now.

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Quite good actually.   Better than my 900.   I don't do any sport riding with mine so I like the full utility of the Ranger.   If I did some sport riding I'd get a General.   They got about 1/3 sized box but still get in and out like  truck and not like a RZR where its like climbing in and out of a dune buggy.  

I like the doors and dump box on the General.

7 minutes ago, Legend said:

You really have to test drive them. The Yamaha yxz are very nice machines, but they ride rough because they are meant for hardcore sport riding. They ride awesome at 70 mph, but rough as shit at 25mph.

I was convinced on "paper" that I was going to buy a Maverick 4 seater. We went to a dealer that has both poo and can am. Test drove both back to back. Both the wife and I agreed the rzr drove much better than the maverick.

I ride with all different brands in our group. And honestly, no brand is any better than the other for being reliable. They've all been pretty good. Poo, AC, Can AM, Yamaha, Kawisaki. Actually the Kawi, has had they least amount of issues. But its also the slowest at 50mph and loud as shit with the engine between the seats like the Can ams. The Polaris are the quietest stock.

The general and the rzr share the same frame. Also the same suspensions. So they ride very very similar.

That will be a big part of my decision as the only off road my wife will ride along with me is a SxS, I would promise her that I would take it easy if she would get on the back of her two up sled for moonlit ride, REJECTED :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

BTW I plowed for a couple years with my old 2011 rzr. I had the metal blade, and it just wasnt heavy enough to cut all the way down. Usually had to make multiple passes to get the snow moved. IMO, a plastic blade would really suck.

I have a plastic blade on my ATV and the blade get right down to the pavement, I wonder why you have an issue with the RZR? :dunno: 

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Maverick x3 is much different then a regular maverick vince...again....nothing compares.

It's a lot more machine than I would ever use, I'm talking about maybe 7-10 days a year tops off trail.

10 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Maverick x3 is much different then a regular maverick vince...again....nothing compares.

thats what, 72" wide?

not legal in WI, not sure about the u.p. they might have a 65" rule as well.

3 minutes ago, Legend said:

thats what, 72" wide?

not legal in WI, not sure about the u.p. they might have a 65" rule as well.

I want something that I can use in Wisconsin for sure.

I do like the General and the Havoc because the dump box is handy for many things.

ATV.jpg

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I do like the General and the Havoc because the dump box is handy for many things.

ATV.jpg

Yeah I needed a 4 seater for the kids. When we bought in 15, the general 4 seater wasnt released yet, otherwise Id probably have a general instead of the rzr.

Idk if you plan to put accessories on it, but the amount of stuff out there for polaris models far out weighs the other brands.

Im not trying to push you to Poo, I dont care what you buy. Just giving you some info and you can do with it what you want.

BTW, federal forests are regulated to 50" width throughout USA. But its not really enforced in WI. The rule is old and meant to keep the jeeps out of the fed forests. AFAIK they are working on changing it, as some trails go through the fed forests in WI.

i bought a 17 polaris general a year ago. friend of mine had a commander that he raved about until he traded it for a general. i have the high end one with the fox shocks. it is fast enought to scare ya and it rides handles very well. some had the front end wine   some didnt. polaris is finally fixing that. they are repl;acing the drive line with a cv shaft. the 18's have the new shaft. its pretty much a rzr with a dump body. the seat isnt as low either. with the motor behind you most of the heat is also

49 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Sounds like the General would be perfect for you. There very similar chassis To a RZR model S, only with a dump box. Also a nicer interior.

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My personal thoughts and recommendations would be........"Dont be a fucking faggot. SXS's and 4 Wheelers are gayer than momo sucking Buttcocks doorstop"

You shut your piehole you faggot!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My two buds have Ranger 570s midsized. 

I'm not a polaris guy but they work great. 

Will do 55ish mph.

Couple guys have kawasaki teryx and love them.

Lots of commanders round. Not too many issues. Get the Fox shock one.

Bud has a new defender 1000. Likes it alot.

2 more with a general 1000s. Like them too.

That yamaha 1000 with manual transmission. More of a desert buggy. First ones had clutch issues.

4 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Looking to get a SxS that I can use as a personal plow, and something that I can play with up north that rides nice, has EPS, a winch, and handles reasonably well, I have no brand loyalty. I rented a CanAm Commander last summer and that unit rode like a dump truck so that is out, I'm also good with a top speed of 55-70 mph.

I can get a killer deal on a 2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS and 2017 Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS, can I plow with these? Plastic blade.

Don't be playing around with those Brand x save a buck specials , Vin .  Fur coat or no fur coat , you'll look like a chump out there in one of those .   Havoc or Stampede .   :bc:

Edited by Sal Rosenberg

1 hour ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

You are correct, my fault. I was thinking of the Ranger. :salute:

Really depends on which version of RZR & General, if you look on anyone's parts smart pages you'll see different suspension shocks etc. between the General & RZR's.

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Really depends on which version of RZR & General, if you look on anyone's parts smart pages you'll see different suspension shocks etc. between the General & RZR's.

Polaris changes shock brands like normal people change underwear....they are all built to polaris specs, which is shit anyway.

Edited by Legend

6 hours ago, odot1 said:

Have had my RZR 800 since new in 2009.  Never had a single issue.  I've not personally used it for plowing.  My buddy has the 2011 XP and uses it to plow with chains without issue.

Never had any interest in plowing with mine. It's a toy period, get a tractor to plow with.  Lot of wear & tear on an expensive toy.

Unless you need to justify buying it to the wife as a tool.  :lol:

• Like 2