Check your account email address ×

We had an horrific accident here yesterday. :(

6 hours ago, DAVE said:

Bus hit the semi...look at the aerial veiws i showed. If semi hit bus...the bus and truck would be on west side of highway.

i would agree. looks like the bus hit the first trailer. it is what you call a b train isnt it. hopefully the truck or bus had a dashcam

Looking at these pics of these young men and the training staff who have passed is super tough! My son is the same age of some of these boys and is an avid hockey player who has rode many busses playing the sport he loves.

I cannot begin to think what these young men's parents/families are going through! I don't even know where you'd begin to start dealing with something like this.

RIP

http://torontosun.com/news/national/theres-a-lot-of-tears-deadly-crash-between-truck-bus-carrying-saskatchewan-junior-hockey-team/wcm/624ecb29-52e0-46cb-8ec7-b947d4991c86

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn....I have a hard time reading this stuff....good on Logan for becoming an organ donor...just so tragic and sad he became one so soon. 

X2. What an awful tragedy and I can’t imagine what these families are going through 

On 2018-04-07 at 9:10 PM, snopro31 said:

was following this at work last night.  have a few friends that work at the trauma hosp in stoon and said it was the worst thing they have ever seen.

look at the bus.  behind the front axle is missing.  that doesn't occur from the front end hitting something.  it was sheared right off from the side.

all the sk news we read last night and today say the semi hit the bus.

On 2018-04-07 at 9:12 PM, Sal Rosenberg said:

Well let's see , the front of the truck looks fine but the trailer is mangled about dead dick center , the whole front of the bus is either crushed or torn completely away .   Who t boned who ?

"

NEW

Truck involved in Humboldt Broncos crash belongs to Calgary company

Driver of the truck was not injured in April 6 crash that claimed 15 lives

CBC News · 
humboldt-crash-truck.jpg?imwidth=100

humboldt-crash-truck.jpg?imwidth=360
The transport truck involved in a crash with the Humboldt Broncos bus sits at Astro Towing in Saskatoon. (Jason Warick/CBC)

The truck involved in a Saskatchewan crash that killed 15 hockey players and injured 14 more belonged to a company based in Calgary. 

A spokesperson for the Alberta Transportation said the company, Adesh Deol Trucking Ltd., has an unblemished safety record in the province since starting in September 2017, with no violations and two inspections.

Based on the Saskatchewan collision, however, the company's safety certificate has been suspended. 

Brian Mason, Alberta's transportation minister, said it's standard procedure.

"This is automatic in a serious case like this and the licence of the company to operate has been suspended pending the outcome," he said. "Primarily the investigation is being conducted by the Saskatchewan Department of Transportation and the Saskatchewan RCMP and we don't want to say anything that could interfere with that."

Alberta Transportation will conduct its own probe, but that can't be completed until the Saskatchewan investigation is done. 

"We can look at the stuff we can look at, but of course they have the log books and so on and will have them for some time ... they not available to us," said Mason.

The company does have one Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance inspection defect from the Northwest Territories for violating the federal hours of service regulation.

"This is a minor infraction," said a spokesperson for Alberta Transportation. "If it happened in Alberta, the sanction might be to ensure that the driver took time to rest."

The company operates two trucks.

The driver of the truck was not injured in the April 6 crash that claimed 15 lives and injured 14 people. The driver was detained by police for a short time in the immediate aftermath of the crash, then was released and received psychological support.

Just now, ZamHammer said:

Been following this when I could.  Fucking tragic.  Just fucking tragic.  A lot of bright futures on that bus.  Classy what the whole hockey community is doing for all of them.

Over 7 million raised already on gofundme

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Distracted driving maybe? . Pretty bad to blow a stop sign with flashing red light ,knowing you're a giant ass truck 

Heard this was a bad intersection going back decades.  Not judging anyone.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Heard this was a bad intersection going back decades.  Not judging anyone.

Ya deaths there before....they put a flashing light on the stop sign and grooved the pavement.

I was thinking the same thing, "Adesh Deol". They quite often drive old used junk. That Pete is pre-owned. What time time did it happen? Around prayer time!

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Sounds like a raghead trucking company 

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

So awful

And to make matters worse is the anguish caused over the misidentification of one of the deceased players.  Ugh.  Can you imagine?

Ya they said it was unprecedented...

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Ya they said it was unprecedented...

I read that it takes several days to get identification through dental records, and that all the players had their hair bleached or dyed blonde for some playoff ritual.  I can understand how a mistake like that could have happened considering how many casualties there were, but I really feel for the families involved.  When joy turns to grief for one and grief turns to joy for the other.  So sad.

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

I read that it takes several days to get identification through dental records, and that all the players had their hair bleached or dyed blonde for some playoff ritual.  I can understand how a mistake like that could have happened considering how many casualties there were, but I really feel for the families involved.  When joy turns to grief for one and grief turns to joy for the other.  So sad.

Ya that would be hard to deal with for sure.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Icepeoples people sure aren’t wasting their time. This is regarding the success of the gofundme account 

B5FE6F2A-14A4-41F8-8D38-3093452D25F1.jpeg

Snowrider approves of this^^^^^^€

18 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

At fault or not, the trucker  and their family too. 

The trucker caused the death of 15 people...that would be tough to deal with.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

The trucker caused the death of 15 people...that would be tough to deal with.

We have had drivers involved in fatalities they were not at fault for and I don't think they are ever the same. 

I can't imagine being responsible for it. 

Edited by racinfarmer