Check your account email address ×

We had an horrific accident here yesterday. :(

report was semi tore the bus apart.  bus had right of way.

such a sad sad 24hrs for all involved.

jets and blackhawks are the classiest nhl teams around.  so awesome what they have done.

• Like 2

Looking at Google Earth and from the reports, transport was westbound on a sideroad (w/ stop sign). Weather apparently wasn't an issue like the Swift Current crash back in '86 where 4 Jr players were killed.

I posted this earlier elsewhere:

Back in the 80s the couple across the street from me billeted Oshawa Generals players. One winter I pulled the young lad's car out of the ditch on a nearby street in a snowfall. Afterwards he said, "Thank's sir for helping me". I told him it wasn't a big deal and he didn't have to call me sir since I was only twentysomething at the time. "You're making me feel old". LOL

It also brought back an even older memory. At school 1 morning in Grade 1, a classmate told us about his father hitting a cow on the drive to Port Perry taking him to a hockey game. Luckily nobody was hurt. I'm guessing the cow didn't survive.

I went to a lot of games over the years until I moved out of the city in '11 & yeah, they're just kids.

A really sad day across Canada because everyone is so involved w/ hockey. Bro' and I never played organized hockey (we were too busy sledding), but grew up around kids that did. My nephew played church league hockey which didn't invove travelling as a kid.

I can't imagine how the parents will explain it to the younger kids of Humboldt what happened.

5 hours ago, DAVE said:

I think the bus tboned the truck from the looks of picture...

Truck had stop sign...maybe didnt see bus and pulled out.

Idiots here reported that the semi t boned the bus . Semi driver charged and released 

5 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Idiots here reported that the semi t boned the bus . Semi driver charged and released 

not idiots.  semi tboned the bus.  didnt stop at the stop sign.  bus had right of way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snopro31 said:

not idiots.  semi tboned the bus.  didnt stop at the stop sign.  bus had right of way. 

So that is what happened? You'd figure the news in saskanook would be more accurate and up to date? 

2 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

So that is what happened? You'd figure the news in saskanook would be more accurate and up to date? 

was following this at work last night.  have a few friends that work at the trauma hosp in stoon and said it was the worst thing they have ever seen.

look at the bus.  behind the front axle is missing.  that doesn't occur from the front end hitting something.  it was sheared right off from the side.

all the sk news we read last night and today say the semi hit the bus.

Edited by snopro31
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Well let's see , the front of the truck looks fine but the trailer is mangled about dead dick center , the whole front of the bus is either crushed or torn completely away .   Who t boned who ?

7 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yep. Judging by the pic the truck ran the stop

Looking at Google Earth after hearing the truck was westbound, it blew the stop sign.

7 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

was following this at work last night.  have a few friends that work at the trauma hosp in stoon and said it was the worst thing they have ever seen.

look at the bus.  behind the front axle is missing.  that doesn't occur from the front end hitting something.  it was sheared right off from the side.

Well you read the wrong story . 

6 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

I can't imagine that. :-(

Watching the Leafs press conference this morning. Babcock was pretty upset. 

Sheldon Kennedy must be reliving the crash that he was involved in all over again.

7 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Well let's see , the front of the truck looks fine but the trailer is mangled about dead dick center , the whole front of the bus is either crushed or torn completely away .   Who t boned who ?

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Well you read the wrong story . 

Not so sure. But regardless  ,somebody made a huge mistake that cost 14 people their lives . Sad . 

• Sad 1

Just now, xcr700 said:

Not so sure. But regardless  ,somebody made a huge mistake that cost 14 people their lives . Sad . 

Yeah , either way it's pretty damned horrendous and no matter what or who it gets blamed on , those guy's are still gone  .  :bc:

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

I can't imagine what the trauma crew had to deal with.  I could never do a job like that.  Talk about nightmares 

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah , either way it's pretty damned horrendous and no matter what or who it gets blamed on , those guy's are still gone  .  :bc:

Yup. Sad horrific situation that likely could have been avoided . I can't imagine having to bury your child.  

1 hour ago, snopro31 said:

Bus hit the semi...look at the aerial veiws i showed. If semi hit bus...the bus and truck would be on west side of highway.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, sledderj said:

Ugh.......  :sad: 

DaOv_rjUQAAb64y.jpg:large

f31b728c43c9b3fd3ce5263ca55eb6c0.jpg

Damn....I have a hard time reading this stuff....good on Logan for becoming an organ donor...just so tragic and sad he became one so soon.