Check your account email address ×

Why I cant stand the fucking Procross

f7ben

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Sled design ergos are what your body will allow you to make of them.  I loved my Rev.  It was easier on the inside of my knees than my XP but the XP was an overall better performer.  The Procross has better ergos for me than the XP did and acts and feels like a full on racer.  I thought the XP was too disconnected from the trail conditions.  The Anys’s that I’ve sat on feel good from an ergo standpoint.  Almost too comfortable, but feel soft and top heavy.  Like my old wave runners almost.  Never rode one though so maybe that all goes away under power.  And they were all Pro-S so, they’re gonna feel soft compared to my sled anyway.

In summation, PROCROSS FOR THE MUTHA FUCKIN’ WIN!!!!  ....and fuk U Benster!   :lol:

Can’t you say anything in under 1000 words? Fucking nerd. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I was wondering if any other Skeedoo Homos were gonna have a meltdown over here like they did last night over there .  Looks like it's just Angry Modsled Guy so far .

You shoulda seen him lose his shit when he got beat by the xcr. He still refuses to admit it. :lol:

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I bailed on them earlier because of my shoulder and right elbow. They met me at the bar a hour later. I think I'm done playing in the tree's.  My joints are getting a bit warn out for that. 

How old ARE you guys?  

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

yup....sucks but gotta embrace it

smh

2 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Jesus H Christ , listen to you young punks , you sound like an episode of Maude .   Uncle Wollie would ride circles around you broken down old hens and then tell you a story about life on the Mayflower over drinks    

:lol:  

1 hour ago, bussman said:

The REV positioning fucking sucks. Go hit on another bulb Black Tar Bhen. :lol: 

:lol:  I had a REV for 3-4 years, became a second sled for me, but my knees didn't like being bent in that position all day

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, f7ben said:

I liked the way you could tuck in to the front of the rev....the angle of the panel fit the angle of my shins well and you could ride right up on the gas tank.

See this angle outlined below

rev.png

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

Now take a look at the stupid fucking procross....its a fucking right angle ...90 degrees and there is no way you can tuck in without your knees just banging awkwardly on the panel

procross.png

So if the procross would move the foot wells back a few inches so they are directly above the the first set of skid wheels like on the rev it would fit you?

38 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So if the procross would move the foot wells back a few inches so they are directly above the the first set of skid wheels like on the rev it would fit you?

No...they need to move upper part forward.

9 hours ago, bussman said:

The REV positioning fucking sucks. Go hit on another bulb Black Tar Bhen. :lol: 

Rev locked you in. Fuck look at Ben's picture.  Move your feet back a couple inches on the process and you can get the same angle. Issue for big guys is panel shape. I got my first xp because of the locked in knee angle although with every gen Doo where you have more knee room I tend to still rode with my knees and feet up to the console but at least have some options. Hips being above knees is more the issue for comfort.  My 12 freeride seats sacked out after 3 sleds and needs new foam just trying to last the season 

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, f7ben said:

Now take a look at the stupid fucking procross....its a fucking right angle ...90 degrees and there is no way you can tuck in without your knees just banging awkwardly on the panel

procross.png

Yet the Polaris is much better?  Riding position is more than just this angle.

axys-chassis.jpg

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You also fail to realize the procross side panel falls away allowing plenty of knee movement forward.   

2000000001.jpg

Yeah, his sketchings more show panel angle than actual riding/comfort angle.  Again, it all depends on how one rides and what feels comfortable to them.  To me, the panels need to smoothly flow in, forward and away from the crotch area.  The Xp was the worst for this.  It left a verticle ridge to get your knee around.  The Procross fit is excellent to me.  :dunno:   

Just now, Highmark said:

Seems to me the new cat is doing fine in snocross.  Can't be possible with the "90 deg knee angle."  :lol:  

201709081204520.jpg

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yet the Polaris is much better?  Riding position is more than just this angle.

axys-chassis.jpg

when I sit on a sidewinder I feel stretched out like I am really having to reach for the bars and hunched over. My axys feels kind of compact but comfortable as I am more upright..Looking at the vertical lines in correlation to the steering post I can see why.. Im not a short guy, average height and weight 6'2"- 200ish.

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

when I sit on a sidewinder I feel stretched out like I am really having to reach for the bars and hunched over. My axys feels kind of compact but comfortable as I am more upright..Looking at the vertical lines in correlation to the steering post I can see why.. Im not a short guy, average height and weight 6'2"- 200ish.

I'm not questioning the Polaris Ergo's, its my favorite but comfortable sitting position alone does not make or break how a sled handles.   I've put some time on my brothers 144 assault and while its riding position is awesome it didn't give me this overwhelming feeling of railing in the corners, in fact quite the opposite.