Check your account email address ×

Shooter at Florida high school.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Closing "gun show loopholes", Fed Registry, Fed permits, required training etc would not have stopped this latest shooting or many of the previous ones would they?

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Not at all. Keeping guns from fruitloops will. But who is to decide who is the fruitloop ?

Love these arguements...let’s just fuck it then and not do anything....SMH.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Seriously.....gun shows are packed here and they  aren’t breaking the law.

yes they are. It is illegal to sell a gun to someone you have not personally known for 5 yrs. It is a law that is not enforced. Along with hundreds of other gun laws.

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Not at all. Keeping guns from fruitloops will. But who is to decide who is the fruitloop ?

Now there's a question we need to start asking maybe. Slippery slope but a question that needs to be asked IMO.

Edited by Skidooski

Just now, steve from amherst said:

yes they are. It is illegal to sell a gun to someone you have not personally known for 5 yrs. It is a law that is not enforced. Along with hundreds of other gun laws.

Link?

Well what do you want to do that will actually have an impact without affecting those who will never use a gun for an unlawfull purpose?

How about lets do something that will actually make a difference instead. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Seven pages of dumbasses blaming everything except free access to weapons.  

Not sure if any of you have noticed but a fireArm has been present at every mass shooting.  

No lone knifer has killed 17 people yet. 

Wow...real fucking genius here ^^^^^^^^^

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Now there's a question we need to start asking maybe. Slippery slope but a question that needs to be asked IMO.

Capturez.JPG

Mental health issue from the dumbass who cheered trump lying about a health plan. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Not sure if any of you have noticed but a fireArm has been present at every mass shooting.  

it's not that damn simple dude. with the amount of guns out there, even in if you starting banning them nut jobs would still be able to get ahold of them. that doesn't mean we just allow every tom, dick, and harry go buy automated weapons on a moment's notice either. this is a very complex situation.

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

How about lets do something that will actually make a difference instead. 

Fine but when the subject of mental illness and access to guns is brought up guys like Steve will argue about who gets to decide that....it will never end.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

They are also present at over 1 million other places every single day.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

it's not that damn simple dude. with the amount of guns out there, even in if you starting banning them nut jobs would still be able to get ahold of them. that doesn't mean we just allow every tom, dick, and harry go buy automated weapons on a moment's notice either. this is a very complex situation.

Exactly. Its easy to say " do something , anything " but do something that will actually work. Keep in mind the human element when doing something. Every action has a reaction.

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Are you sure about that...Pretty sure I could rent a table at a gun show in Michigan and sell rifles and shotguns without doing background checks. 

They can and do but its a low percentage as compared to the licensed dealers.  Not to say it doesn't happen but it isn't the issue that its made out to be.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fine but when the subject of mental illness and access to guns is brought up guys like Steve will argue about who gets to decide that....it will never end.

It never will end but I'd like to seem meaningful changes made to deter the senseless killings. Much of what has been discussed so far would not have changed that fact that this shooting and many other happened. I've always felt it's mostly a mental illness thing but how do we go about changing things from there?

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They can and do but its a low percentage as compared to the licensed dealers.  Not to say it doesn't happen but it isn't the issue that its made out to be.   

Well that’s not what you and Steve said...you said it was illegal and it isn’t. Also you keep saying it’s a small percentage, doesn’t matter, ect....the fact remains it makes no sense to allow these sales and opposing it just makes the pro gun side look obstinate not to mention it very well could prevent shootings. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

It’s not genius. But that doesn’t mean you aren’t too stupid to realize it. 

No, you're right, it wasn't genius so maybe you should refrain from calling others stupid eh   

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Gun show loopholes?   Most all gun show purchases go thru the same thing as in a store.   If you are commercially selling guns (at a gun show) you would have to be a FFLD.   Private sales are another thing.   The gun show "loophole" is a myth pushed by the anti-gun movement.   

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well that’s not what you and Steve said...you said it was illegal and it isn’t.

Might want to read again what I said.  

There simply isn't a lot of money to be made buying and selling guns privately.  That is why it's pretty limited to antiques and guys downsizing collections.   My point is the "gun show" isn't the only method private sales can occur so calling the gun show a loop hole is not accurate.   If you want to call it private sale loop hole fine but the gun show itself has nothing to do with it.   

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

It never will end but I'd like to seem meaningful changes made to deter the senseless killings. Much of what has been discussed so far would not have changed that fact that this shooting and many other happened. I've always felt it's mostly a mental illness thing but how do we go about changing things from there?

Is the US the only country with mental illness?  How do other countries deal with guns...?

Edited by SnowRider

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well who does decide? I'm all for keeping guns out of the hands of fruitloops. But as I mentioned in a prior post most mental health issues in this country are undiagnosed.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Might want to read again what I said.  

I was wrong. I was thinking of a state law that may not be in effect anymore. I remember reading it on gun owners of NH website yrs ago.