Check your account email address ×

Shooter at Florida high school.

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not all mass shooters are psychopaths.  Not all are even crazy.    

https://www.livescience.com/22302-mass-killers-psychopaths-mental-illness.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/08/health/mass-murderers-mental-illness.html

It is true that severe mental illnesses are found more often among mass murderers. About one in five are likely psychotic or delusional, according to Dr. Michael Stone, a forensic psychiatrist at Columbia University who maintains a database of 350 mass killers going back more than a century. The figure for the general public is closer to 1 percent.

But the rest of these murderers do not have any severe, diagnosable disorder. Though he was abusive to his wife, Omar Mateen, who killed 49 people in an Orlando nightclub, had no apparent serious mental illness. Neither did Stephen Paddock, who mowed down 58 concertgoers from a hotel window in Las Vegas.

Are you fucking kidding me? Stephen Paddock and Omar Mateen were severely mentally ill, they just hid it well. No one that knows me casually knows I'm fucking nuts. Speaking of which, I'm mentally ill and I could totally obtain a gun legally. My background check would come up clean.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Then the men would just claim to be trans-gendered women and we have to believe them right.  :lol:  

Do you think I'm a man?

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

momo bit into it first, last night. what's even funnier is the there is a picture floating around of the murderer in a MAGA hat.

Yeah I seen that one too on  Demunderground today. Is that really him?

4 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Are you fucking kidding me? Stephen Paddock and Omar Mateen were severely mentally ill, they just hid it well. No one that knows me casually knows I'm fucking nuts. Speaking of which, I'm mentally ill and I could totally obtain a gun legally. My background check would come up clean.

Do you think I'm a man?

Like you needed to tell us that.  :lol:  

I'll take the word of that professional study over your opinion.   Religious zealots aren't necessarily mentally ill by professional diagnosis'.  Paddock showed zero signs of mental illness.   

BTW nice job admitting your mental illness in a public forum.   Now if you lie on the 4473 LE could come back at you.   Brilliant.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

53 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I was just calling you a retard for being an ableist who still uses the word retard. I'd prefer you live a long life where you spend all of your time wanting to die to you actually dying.

I would bet you cut yourself

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Like you needed to tell us that.  :lol:  

I'll take the word of that professional study over your opinion.   Religious zealots aren't necessarily mentally ill by professional diagnosis'.  Paddock showed zero signs of mental illness.   

BTW nice job admitting your mental illness in a public forum.   Now if you lie on the 4473 LE could come back at you.   Brilliant.  :lol:  

I don't ever want to own a gun. I don't need one to defend myself and owning one would make committing suicide way too fucking easy.

Committing an act of mass murder in and of itself makes you mentally ill. All religious people are mentally ill, they're suffering from a shared psychotic delusion.

Just now, Wildboer said:

I don't ever want to own a gun. I don't need one to defend myself and owning one would make committing suicide way too fucking easy.

Committing an act of mass murder in and of itself makes you mentally ill. All religious people are mentally ill, they're suffering from a shared psychotic delusion.

Seek help kid....seriously.  You're not going to get it crying for it on here.    

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I would bet you cut yourself

I stopped that shit when I was like, 16/17. A couple years ago a cop searched my car because he was convinced the scars were track marks. Thank goodness I didn't have any weed on me that day.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Seek help kid....seriously.  

I already have plenty of help. Loving parents and family, lots of friends, a psychiatrist I see every other week who says I don't need to come that often because I'm not actually mentally ill... See, if I had a real mental problem I would've killed myself already by now because I'm not a fucking pussy and this world is a trash place to live. But nope, I choose to wake up and deal with the idiots and sheep that call themselves other people day in and day out.

Just now, motonoggin said:

He said hoping that the kid didn't...

Bullshit.   He needs help.  Suicide doesn't hurt the person who commits it.   I wouldn't want him to harm himself or his family and friends to go thru the pain of the loss.

You really don't know me so feel free not to comment what you think I meant. 

Just now, Wildboer said:

I stopped that shit when I was like, 16/17. A couple years ago a cop searched my car because he was convinced the scars were track marks. Thank goodness I didn't have any weed on me that day.

I already have plenty of help. Loving parents and family, lots of friends, a psychiatrist I see every other week who says I don't need to come that often because I'm not actually mentally ill... See, if I had a real mental problem I would've killed myself already by now because I'm not a fucking pussy and this world is a trash place to live. But nope, I choose to wake up and deal with the idiots and sheep that call themselves other people day in and day out.

Not all mentally ill people want to kill themselves but those people that are AND talk about it generally are more likely.  I'm glad it sounds like you have a great support structure.  Maybe now just a bit of growing up.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Bullshit.   He needs help.  Suicide doesn't hurt the person who commits it.   I wouldn't want him to harm himself or his family and friends to go thru the pain of the loss.

Precisely why I'm never going to kill myself. You guys say it all the time, it's easy as fuck to get a gun illegally, is easy as fuck to get one legally to. If I had a real problem I'd own one already...

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not all mentally ill people want to kill themselves but those people that are AND talk about it generally are more likely.  I'm glad it sounds like you have a great support structure.  Maybe now just a bit of growing up.  

That's not gonna happen, I identify as Peter Pan. I'm gonna be a kid forever!

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Lol, ok.

You want him to off himself, I can tell.

Just now, motonoggin said:

Lol, ok.

You want him to off himself, I can tell.

Nope...only you moto...only y......and maybe ice....yeah ic........well and spin...yeah definitely spin too.  :lol: 

For those of you that don't know this :lol: means I'm kidding....I'M KIDDING.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Reports are he killed chickens and frogs and posted gruesome pictures of them on social media.  Big red flag for serial killers.

yes it is.

Yep.   Posted that earlier.  

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Exactly , so what is the answer?

Long term, involuntary psychiatric treatment. Psychiatric hospitals just drug kids up and throw them out the door nowadays, some kids should not be allowed to leave.

Not all mental illness' are linked to violent behavior.   The problem is how we talk about these mass shootings America is now convinced most it is.  Talk about stigmatizing a portion of society.   Every single time this happens it gets worse and worse.   I can see why nobody wants to admit to having a mental illness half the country then thinks you could go off and kill randomly.   

We need to quit grouping together all mental illness' together.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Not all mental illness' are linked to violent behavior.   The problem is how we talk about these mass shootings America is not convinced it is.  Talk about stigmatizing a portion of society.   Every single time this happens it gets worse and worse.   I can see why nobody wants to admit to having a mental illness half the country then thinks you could go off and kill randomly.   

Of course not, but from what I've heard it was pretty clear this kid should have been institutionalized before this happened.

Just now, Wildboer said:

Of course not, but from what I've heard it was pretty clear this kid should have been institutionalized before this happened.

In this case.....without question.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1