Check your account email address ×

Shooter at Florida high school.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That just happened to me on TBP....I made one comment and suddenly I want to trash the second amendment and I’m a Muslim lover...never fails.

that's what the likes of faux news, rush, mark Levin, etc etc etc etc do to people.

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The issue becomes who is allowed to put information into the person's background check that would prevent them from obtaining a firearm and how would one go about fighting that information.

Criminal charges are one thing, a neighbor or bitter ex claiming you threatened them is another.  There is no easy answers.  

Society has had a breakdown in the value of life.  I'm not pointing at one thing in particular but many things wrapped up into it.  Violence is glorified in everything kids see growing up.  

There certainly needs to be an avenue for audit, no doubt.  That's something we should be capable of.

I agree that the issue is many pronged.  There isn't an easy or quick solution.

Neal

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Some things we could do:

Federal gun registry, background check, or validation of right to buy card for every transaction, private to private included. 

Increase penalty/punishment for stolen/unauthorized use.  Make owners secure their guns.

Clip/magazine restrictions, something such as 4 or 5 rounds.

Start a program for training, certification, and arming of school workers.

Increase security/metal detectors at schools.

Neal

You're idiotic post inspired me to make a donation to the NRA this morning. Congrats betaNeal

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Those are crude rates you moron

I just want to blame Russia....you know the feeling right?!?

Yeah...you do! :thumb: 

Edited by Skidooski
  • Sad 1

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Indeed.  However keep you head in the sand on the issue and you will end up with something you see as far worse than a gun registry.  

Neal

I do a lot of work in a town called Concord Mass . You may have heard about it. There was a little shootout there a few hundred yrs ago. 

8 yrs ago they decided to make all irr contractors register every irrigation system they installed with the town. All reputable contractors , myself included did so. All hacks ignored it. When they saw the numbers there next move was to ban all irrigation systems on town water. 

I didn't trust em when they made for registration and I don't trust anti gunners for gun registration.

• Thanks 1

Virtually every single one of these school shootings done by a student could be stopped by parents paying attention to their fucking kids lives.   Even the Columbine shooters who appeared to have come from a good home had absent parents.  There was a documentary on not long ago where a few of them finally spoke.  Trouble was right under their noses in their kids rooms, in their writings and other ways that they simply didn't take the time to pay attention to.  Harris was a complete psychopath and he brought Klebold along for the kill.  

Too many parents today are afraid their kids won't like them if they intervene in their lives.  

This is no different than the gang banger that kills on the streets of Chicago or some other American inner city.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Virtually every single one of these school shootings done by a student could be stopped by parents paying attention to their fucking kids lives.   Even the Columbine shooters who appeared to have come from a good home had absent parents.  There was a documentary on not long ago where a few of them finally spoke.  Trouble was right under their noses in their kids rooms, in their writings and other ways that they simply didn't take the time to pay attention to.  Harris was a complete psychopath and he brought Klebold along for the kill.  

Too many parents today are afraid their kids won't like them if they intervene in their lives.  

This is no different than the gang banger that kills on the streets of Chicago or some other American inner city.  

yeah I would have to agree with a lot of that. it's sounding like this clown had all "the signs" as well.

9 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

yeah I would have to agree with a lot of that. it's sounding like this clown had all "the signs" as well.

X2 but you know what the next argument is....now the government wants us to spy and inform on our fellow citizens....never! Heard it before...people are fucked in the head.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

X2 but you know what the next argument is....now the government wants us to spy and inform on our fellow citizens....never! Heard it before...people are fucked in the head.

Yep

trump_tweet.JPG.df396c9ffe03ab62b67b9691e19a2725.JPG

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

No they shouldn't.  There isn't a logical reason for not having every gun transaction to have a background check attached.  None.

Neal

Aparently he had a BC done.

The AR-15 was legally purchased by Cruz, Jim Lewis, an attorney representing the family he was living with, told The Sun Sentinel. "The family made him keep it in a locked gun cabinet in the house but he had a key," Lewis said.

Nothing any of you gun control advocates has suggested would have prevented this attack or any attack like it. It's feel good idiocy that accomplishes nothing but further erode our rights. 

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

The AR-15 was legally purchased by Cruz, Jim Lewis, an attorney representing the family he was living with, told The Sun Sentinel. "The family made him keep it in a locked gun cabinet in the house but he had a key," Lewis said.

OK...still need to close gun show loopholes...same with private sales.

Just now, f7ben said:

Nothing any of you run control advocates has suggested would habe prevented this attack or any attack like it. It's feel good idiocy that accomplishes nothing but further erode our rights. 

OK Lily.

25 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Why is their attorney buying them guns? That’s weird as hell... 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

And the law of the land...

Neal

' Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, ...'

am i'm missing the part about not being able to pray?

nope...because it's not there.

• Thanks 1