Check your account email address ×

Harley-Davidson shutting down plant amid shipment decline

• Platinum Contributing Member

Harley-Davidson Inc. will close its Kansas City, Missouri plant as part of a cost-cutting move as it continues to face dwindling shipments.

The Milwaukee-based company reported a 7.9 percent drop to 241,498 motorcycle shipments in 2017 and expects the figure to continue dropping. It forecast 231,000 to 236,000 motorcycle shipments in 2018.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/harley-davidson-shutting-plant-amid-shipment-decline-52703853

Just now, Mainecat said:

There are thousands of low mileage Harley’s collecting dust in the back of garages and sheds.

I know.   I have one.  :lol:  

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I know.   I have one.  :lol:  

I have one friend who has 5 Harley’s...he’s die hard in his 60 who has had them since his teens. I have other friends who have offered to sell their low mileage dust collectors for a great price. I don’t want a bike anymore. I would take a full dressed 2 up Spider though...lol

Edited by Mainecat

Just now, Mainecat said:

I have one friend who has 5 Harley’s...he’s die hard in his 60 who has had them since his teens. I have other friends who have offered to sell their low mileage dust collectors for a great price. I don’t want a bike anymore. I would take a full dressed 2 up Spider though...lol

2010 with less than 5000 miles.  The stupid thing is I love to ride and don't make time to do it.   Really no excuse.  One of the best trips I've EVER been on was taking it thru the Wyoming mountains with the wife.   

download (17).jpg

harley.jpg

• Like 2

I remember my buddy telling me how much his 100th anniversary bike was going to be worth someday. :lol: Took him forever to sell that thing for peanuts compared to what he paid.

Edited by Edmo

22 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Like a pants shitting senile old fucking mental patient like you could ride a hog :lmao: 

36 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

There are thousands of low mileage Harley’s collecting dust in the back of garages and sheds.

Like vettes

advertised “low miles, Old man drive “...

yeah... they all are 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

If a spider does it for you then just do it! Don't grow old with regrets.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Highmark said:

2010 with less than 5000 miles.  The stupid thing is I love to ride and don't make time to do it.   Really no excuse.  One of the best trips I've EVER been on was taking it thru the Wyoming mountains with the wife.   

download (17).jpg

harley.jpg

Very nice

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

Like a pants shitting senile old fucking mental patient like you could ride a hog :lmao: 

Not only do you ride hogs you suck them as well so stfu.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

What’s wrong with being gay?

There is nothing wrong with being a gay. Other than you dont get pussy.

But to buy a harley, spyder, or slingshot to announce to the world that you are gay, is gayer than being gay.

Edited by Legend