Check your account email address ×

Your Dictionary Definition of Racism Is Outdated Trash

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

At my risk of asking, how do you figure that?

That was my point.  The drug trade is a capitalist endeavor.  

Its been tried already. Spain and Portugal did it and drug abuse went down. Try google, it works. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/07/05/ten-years-after-decriminalization-drug-abuse-down-by-half-in-portugal/#27e9a7c43001

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Being apathetic towards abused and underserved communities is being complicit. 

And they are apathetic about that too. Moto assumes people don't have their own shit to deal with and as far as the plight of others , well they just don't give a fuck. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

And they are apathetic about that too. Moto assumes people don't have their own shit to deal with and as far as the plight of others , well they just don't give a fuck. And there is nothing wrong with that.

I mean, if you don't have your shit together enough to care about helping others your life probably sucks and someone should be helping you out until you're in a position to care. Also admitting racism is the reason Chicago is the way it is doesn't mean you have to go to Chicago and do something about it... Why deny something exists simply because you don't have the time to deal with it?

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

I mean, if you don't have your shit together enough to care about helping others your life probably sucks and someone should be helping you out until you're in a position to care. Also admitting racism is the reason Chicago is the way it is doesn't mean you have to go to Chicago and do something about it... Why deny something exists simply because you don't have the time to deal with it?

Because then it's easier to pretend that it doesn't exist. 

No one is deneying racism exists. It always has and always will. In California prison they have to separate the southern Mexicans from the northern Mexicans. So even if ( big fucking if ) you could get racial harmony thru different races you still have inner racial racism.

21 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

You're white. You were raised in a society built upon racism. It's not your fault that you were conditioned that way from the day you were born.

It is your fault, however, for being willfully ignorant and dismissive of the experience of black people at the hands of the system built by whites.

I'm not ignorant or dismissive of it.   I realize its there but I don't think to the level you do and I think it can be overcome relatively easy.   Morgan Freeman said it perfectly.

The biggest thing AA's have going against them is no different than poor whites or poor hispanics.   Poor parenting or lack of parents or responsible adults in their lives.   Yes society contributes to this slightly but in general its self inflicted.  Try and debate the statistics below.  

The idea that black people in the United States are disproportionately poor because America is racist; that’s just not true, at least not in terms of America’s racism today keeping black people down. It’s just not the case. If that were the case then you’d have to look at group income, and decide based on group income who’s been victimized the most, and who the country was built for. By that standard, the country was built by Asians, because the racial group with the highest median income in the United States is Asians. The Constitution was not written by a bunch of people who speak Korean. Because the Constitution is a document of freedom, not a document of ethnicity.

So here are the three rules. You want to be rich in America; you want to do well in America? You want to put aside the whining about the system? Again, you point out to me an individual instance of racism, I will stand next to you and fight it, but if you whine about America? No good.

Okay. Here are the three rules that you need to fulfill as a person before you can start complaining about your life failures being the result of somebody else’s actions. Number one, you need to finish high school. Number two: you need to get married before you have babies. Number three: You need to get a job.

That’s it. You do those things you will not be permanently poor in the United States of America.

According to the Brookings Institute, 2% of Americans who followed these rules are in poverty. 75% have joined the middle class. What about racism? 71% of poor families with children are unmarried. The poverty rate among non-married white families was 22% in 2008; that same year the poverty rate among black married couples was less than 7%.

But what happened to racism? Why weren’t those black married couples poorer than the single white moms? Because it doesn’t have to do with color; it has to do with life decisions.

We can talk about differentials in crime, and where these statistics come from. The basic rule is: If you don’t commit a crime, you’re not going to be arrested for it. The police are not going around arresting black people for the fun of it. They’re going around arresting criminals based on criminal reports, which is why the number of criminal reports, based on race, matches up exactly with the number of criminal arrests, based on race. If you don’t report people for crime, it’s hard for the police to know to pick them up.

1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

"Oh man, heroin looks so fun! I would definitely try that if it were legal!" Said NO ONE EVER.

Heroin is a huge epidemic in NH. Guess what we don't have...

It's pretty obvious that poor people in general commit more crime, regardless of race. I don't think anyone would disagree with that. 

Where racism comes in to play in this equation is the fact that the system has been designed from day one in such a way as to keep black people as the poorest members of the population. 

Capitalism needs this underclass in order to keep the working class in line and coming to work. The fact that it's a visible minority makes it that much easier. It's essentially a threat from the capitalist class to the workers. "Mind your manners or we'll just hire 'them' for less money than we pay you."

Edited by motonoggin

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

Just pointing out your alt left selective outrage. Only being mad at what you’re told to be 

So because right now I'm talking about the oppression blacks experience in America means I don't care about the oppression of Jews? 

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

So because right now I'm talking about the oppression blacks experience in America means I don't care about the oppression of Jews? 

No because you don’t care about the oppression of the Jews. 

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Because then it's easier to pretend that it doesn't exist. 

They're afraid of the nonexistent white guilt that will pour over them if they admit the truth :lmao:

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

No one is deneying racism exists. It always has and always will. In California prison they have to separate the southern Mexicans from the northern Mexicans. So even if ( big fucking if ) you could get racial harmony thru different races you still have inner racial racism.

I was unaware Northern and Southern Mexicans were two different races.

16 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Heroin is a huge epidemic in NH. Guess what we don't have...

Gun control laws? Pure ass Paterson stamps? Enlighten me Geoffrey.

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

You're white. You were raised in a society built upon racism. It's not your fault that you were conditioned that way from the day you were born.

It is your fault, however, for being willfully ignorant and dismissive of the experience of black people at the hands of the system built by whites.

Facetious argument.  The same could be said for blacks and the system of crime they built themselves (returning to incarceration rates), i.e. they commit more crimes, and behave more resistive when detained, leading to more and longer jail times.

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Facetious argument.  The same could be said for blacks and the system of crime they built themselves (returning to incarceration rates), i.e. they commit more crimes, and behave more resistive when detained, leading to more and longer jail times.

Neal

So, it's the reaction and frustration of living under an oppressive system that's the problem, instead of the oppressive system itself.

Seems legit...

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

So, it's the reaction and frustration of living under an oppressive system that's the problem, instead of the oppressive system itself.

Seems legit...

Blacks voted for the laws and built the oppressive system under which they live.  They are free to fix it...

Neal