Check your account email address ×

The right decision?

28 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Then it would seem my mother is shit outta luck. If I own a business I will damn sure reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. The public has the right to tell my business to go fly a kite and refuse to patronize my establishment.

That's the point.............discrimination HARMED your mother. That's the basis of civil fines: WAS THE PLAINTIFF HARMED??? 

Hurting Mama Kivalo's feelings, and making her find another baker............HARMED HER. 

The public apparently did tell the baker to go fly a kite, because they apparently shut down. 

32 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Youre descriminating against the baker because hes religious....thats against the law....

No, the religiou-freak baker was free to practice his religion, he was not free to discriminate against a citizen because of it. The courts do not recognize religious choice as a basis for discrimination. 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

That's the point.............discrimination HARMED your mother. That's the basis of civil fines: WAS THE PLAINTIFF HARMED??? 

Hurting Mama Kivalo's feelings, and making her find another baker............HARMED HER. 

The public apparently did tell the baker to go fly a kite, because they apparently shut down. 

On the bold... No it didn't.

If I disagree with you on something and I refuse to help you I haven't harmed you in any way, shape or form. I only begin to harm you if I actively try and stop you from accomplishing your goal. My refusal to assist is not keeping you from accomplishing anything.. This baker had (or should have as it were) every right to refuse service for any reason the same way you have every right to refuse service to supply shitty wood piles.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

On the bold... No it didn't.

If I disagree with you on something and I refuse to help you I haven't harmed you in any way, shape or form. I only begin to harm you if I actively try and stop you from accomplishing your goal. My refusal to assist is not keeping you from accomplishing anything.. This baker had (or should have as it were) every right to refuse service for any reason the same way you have every right to refuse service to supply shitty wood piles.

If I refuse to sell someone my glorious wood, because I'm discriminating against them, I have no right to do that BY LAW. If it's based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, etc. 

In other words if I refuse to sell my wood to a portly faggot like you, I am ILLEGALLY DISCRIMINATING.  

2 hours ago, DAVE said:

Why did i know you would ask that....

You knew exactly what I meant....but....

If I dont want to sell...make...bake...or whatever...to whomever...thats my decision....whether it be a good or a bad business decision...its my business.

No Dave. I have no clue what you meant, in fact, I don't understand how anyone who believes that could possibly not be either wrong, crazy, or stupid. Business is a matter of the state, it affects us all. Personal freedom has as much to do with business as it does to do with the government. Personal freedom is just that, personal. Business isn't personal. BUSINESS SHOULD NOT BE AFFECTED BY PERSONAL FREEDOM. In other words, if you want to bake wedding cakes for a living, you do so for anyone who gets married. Every single Christian who's refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay person has also happily baked a cake for an adulterer, SO GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WI YA CRAZY STUPID ASS DUMB DAVEY! Youz a whiny ass bitch. :lol:

32 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

If I refuse to sell someone my glorious wood, because I'm discriminating against them, I have no right to do that BY LAW. If it's based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, etc. 

In other words if I refuse to sell my wood to a portly faggot like you, I am ILLEGALLY DISCRIMINATING.  

Wait, woah woah woah, are you saying they SHOULD be forced to bake cakes for the gays or find another way to make a living right now?

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

No, this is a bad ruling. The court should have ruled in their (baker's) favor and then the community should have joined together and refused to give the company business.

You're such an authoritarian dude. If you wanna bake wedding cakes you bake wedding cakes. These people bake cakes for adulterers ALL THE TIME, unrepentant sinners ALL THE TIME, they're literally just choosing the sin of being gay and bullying people who commit that sin as if it's a way worse sin than all the other ones people they bake cakes for commit ALL THE TIME.

• Platinum Contributing Member

On a side note I would never eat a cake that was baked by someone who hated me.  Ya just know there are freaks out there who would say after you left. you like eating cum so much , eat this cum as they stand next to the mixing bowl with their cock in their hand.

12 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

On a side note I would never eat a cake that was baked by someone who hated me.  Ya just know there are freaks out there who would say after you left. you like eating cum so much , eat this cum as they stand next to the mixing bowl with their cock in their hand.

Damn that's hawt.

29 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

And charged them triple the price, for the extra cream. Lots of weird out there, for sure.

Gonna have to bake a lot more cakes to pay that 135K fine.

Edited by Frostynuts

7 hours ago, Kivalo said:

She goes elsewhere and gets a better cake. Meanwhile I and the rest of the family tell everyone we know about your bigotry towards my nationality. You loose business and either change your policy or go out of business. What we dont do is run to tge government for legal action because you insulted us.

This.

7 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Then it would seem my mother is shit outta luck. If I own a business I will damn sure reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. The public has the right to tell my business to go fly a kite and refuse to patronize my establishment.

And this....

7 hours ago, DAVE said:

Youre descriminating against the baker because hes religious....thats against the law....

And this....

6 hours ago, polaris550 said:

Not this...

4 hours ago, Wildboer said:

No Dave. I have no clue what you meant, in fact, I don't understand how anyone who believes that could possibly not be either wrong, crazy, or stupid. Business is a matter of the state, it affects us all. Personal freedom has as much to do with business as it does to do with the government. Personal freedom is just that, personal. Business isn't personal. BUSINESS SHOULD NOT BE AFFECTED BY PERSONAL FREEDOM. In other words, if you want to bake wedding cakes for a living, you do so for anyone who gets married. Every single Christian who's refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay person has also happily baked a cake for an adulterer, SO GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WI YA CRAZY STUPID ASS DUMB DAVEY! Youz a whiny ass bitch. :lol:

And definitely not this!

”Business is a matter of the state.”

HOLY FUCK!

”It takes a village.....”

7 hours ago, polaris550 said:

It has EVERYTHING to do with religion. Their defense was that they were Christians and could not bake a cake for a gay couple, based on their religious beliefs. 

The courts do not side with religious beliefs. 

Similar to that fucking ugly cunt in Kentucky who refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple, based on her Christian beliefs. 

How about during a war or when we had the draft? Several religions don't allow their members to serve in the Military, Jehovah's Witnesses are only 1 of them, the courts sided with their beliefs.

Edited by XCR1250

4 hours ago, Wildboer said:

oh my!  :lol:

7 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

How about during a war or when we had the draft? Several religions don't allow their members to serve in the Military, Jehovah's Witnesses are only 1 of them, the courts sided with their beliefs.

The constitution should be enforced...unless it makes the liberal hordes feel sad inside.  And really, what DOESN’T do that?  

You know, my father used to tell me that if others are affecting your life so much by the way they live or think, you aren’t minding enough of your own business.

Well it is headed to the US supreme court. Rumor has it his atty is planning on using pressidnce in Wooley v. Maynard

." The Court held that the State's interests in requiring the motto did not outweigh free speech principles under the First Amendment, including "the right of individuals to hold a point of view different from the majority and to refuse to foster ... an idea they find morally objectionable."

7 hours ago, polaris550 said:

No, the religiou-freak baker was free to practice his religion, he was not free to discriminate against a citizen because of it. The courts do not recognize religious choice as a basis for discrimination. 

5 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Ever hear of Hobby Lobby?

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Replace gay with black, and is this still ok? When you enter into business you agree to being non-discriminatory. Replace gay with Christian and someone not wanting to sell to Christians. God only knows the self righteous uproar there would be over that. 

Is what “still ok”?

10 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Replace gay with black, and is this still ok? When you enter into business you agree to being non-discriminatory. Replace gay with Christian and someone not wanting to sell to Christians. God only knows the self righteous uproar there would be over that. 

Wasn't there just example of Christians stopping into a gay coffee owners shop and he went on a profanity :dunno:laced tirade, throwing them out?

Not sure there was much of an uproar. :dunno:

Really cant see how this affects me in the least. More or less seems like something to get worked up about on Facebook.

Edited by Cold War

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Wasn't there just example of Christians stopping into a gay coffee owners shop and he went on a profanity :dunno:laced tirade, throwing them out?

Really cant see how this affects me in the least. More or less seems like something to get worked up about on Facebook.

It’s our liberal court system raging out of control.  Rather than facing a fine, loss of license or public ridicule, you can now be sued for making somebody sad or angry and lose your business and your home.  

8 hours ago, Kivalo said:

:lol: then you likely wouldn't be in business very long. if you are going to run a public business, too fucking bad that you're not allowed to discriminate at your own will. that would open a huge can of worms so let's just keep it simple, stupid!

15 minutes ago, Cold War said:

yep and i commented that it was wrong to do, based on what little we knew about the story.