Check your account email address ×

The right decision?

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

No limits at all?

Neal

Why did i know you would ask that....

You knew exactly what I meant....but....

If I dont want to sell...make...bake...or whatever...to whomever...thats my decision....whether it be a good or a bad business decision...its my business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Why did i know you would ask that....

You knew exactly what I meant....but....

If I dont want to sell...make...bake...or whatever...to whomever...thats my decision....whether it be a good or a bad business decision...its my business.

For for being prophetic enough to know I'd ask, you seemed unable to answer the question...

Neal

• Haha 1

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

For for being prophetic enough to know I'd ask, you seemed unable to answer the question...

Neal

Your question was stupid....thats why I knew you would ask it....its what you do.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Court rules against Oregon bakers who refused to make gay wedding cake:

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/court-rules-against-oregon-bakers-who-refused-make-gay-wedding-n833321

Neal

The law is the law, if you don';t like the laws move somewhere else.

Following the incident, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries found the Kleins in violation of a 2007 state law that protects the rights of LGBTQ people in employment, housing and public accommodations.

26 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Court rules against Oregon bakers who refused to make gay wedding cake:

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/court-rules-against-oregon-bakers-who-refused-make-gay-wedding-n833321

Neal

Of course it's the right decision. That's the function of the justice system, to protect law-abiding citizens from these fucking religious fanatics. 

A fucking cake!!! Big fucking deal, bake the fucking cake, take the money, and get on with your fucking religion-obsessed fucking existence. 

12 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The law is the law, if you don';t like the laws move somewhere else.

They wanted a cake....not to be employed...to stay the night or to live at the bakery...

That law has nothing to do with what happened here.

• Gold Member

No, this is a bad ruling. The court should have ruled in their (baker's) favor and then the community should have joined together and refused to give the company business.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, toslow said:

has nothing to do with religion, it's about the rights to run your business as you see fit

It has EVERYTHING to do with religion. Their defense was that they were Christians and could not bake a cake for a gay couple, based on their religious beliefs. 

The courts do not side with religious beliefs. 

Similar to that fucking ugly cunt in Kentucky who refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple, based on her Christian beliefs. 

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

They wanted a cake....not to be employed...to stay the night or to live at the bakery...

That law has nothing to do with what happened here.

It went to court, the court ruled on a state law. BTW what part of public accommodations don't you understand?

Following the incident, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries found the Kleins in violation of a 2007 state law that protects the rights of LGBTQ people in employment, housing and public accommodations.

Just now, polaris550 said:

It has EVERYTHING to do with religion. Their defense was that they were Christians and could not bake a cake for a gay couple, based on their religious beliefs. 

The courts do not side with religious beliefs. 

Similar to that fucking ugly cunt in Kentucky who refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple, based on her Christian beliefs. 

so there is no democracy left in the world, when a person has to bow down and do something that he don't believe in makes it a pretty shitty world we live in

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

No, this is a bad ruling. The court should have ruled in their (baker's) favor and then the community should have joined together and refused to give the company business.

OK, how about this scenario? 

Your mother comes into my bakery and wants a cake made. I say no, I don't like the Kivalo name and your nationality. 

How about that? 

2 minutes ago, toslow said:

so there is no democracy left in the world, when a person has to bow down and do something that he don't believe in makes it a pretty shitty world we live in

This IS democracy!! Equal treatment under the law!!!  

No law-abiding, peaceful American should ever be mis-treated. 

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

OK, how about this scenario? 

Your mother comes into my bakery and wants a cake made. I say no, I don't like the Kivalo name and your nationality. 

How about that? 

She goes elsewhere and gets a better cake. Meanwhile I and the rest of the family tell everyone we know about your bigotry towards my nationality. You loose business and either change your policy or go out of business. What we dont do is run to tge government for legal action because you insulted us.

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It went to court, the court ruled on a state law. BTW what part of public accommodations don't you understand?

He didnt want to make them a cake...he wasnt refusing them from buying anything available to buy in the store if i remember correctly....so you can shove your public accomidation up your ass.

Just now, Kivalo said:

She goes elsewhere and gets a better cake. Meanwhile I and the rest of the family tell everyone we know about your bigotry towards my nationality. You loose business and either change your policy or go out of business. What we dont do is run to tge government for legal action because you insulted us.

What if I'm the only bakery in town?

What if the other bakers don't like Mama Kivalo either, and tell her to get out? 

What if you don't know that many people and the bakery still does plenty of business?

What if a lot of people don't like your nationality, and they all still go to that bakery? 

Discrimination is AGAINST THE LAW!!! If you don't like the law................get it changed!!

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

He didnt want to make them a cake...he wasnt refusing them from buying anything available to buy in the store if i remember correctly....so you can shove your public accomidation up your ass.

No, the court shoved it up THEIR BAKING ASSES!!           They lost their business, and GOT FINED!!!! Rightly so!!! 

Religiou-freaks need to just fuckin' die. 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

What if I'm the only bakery in town?

What if the other bakers don't like Mama Kivalo either, and tell her to get out? 

What if you don't know that many people and the bakery still does plenty of business?

What if a lot of people don't like your nationality, and they all still go to that bakery? 

Discrimination is AGAINST THE LAW!!! If you don't like the law................get it changed!!

Then it would seem my mother is shit outta luck. If I own a business I will damn sure reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. The public has the right to tell my business to go fly a kite and refuse to patronize my establishment.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

No, the court shoved it up THEIR BAKING ASSES!!           They lost their business, and GOT FINED!!!! Rightly so!!! 

Religiou-freaks need to just fuckin' die. 

Youre descriminating against the baker because hes religious....thats against the law....

• Sad 1