Check your account email address ×

The right decision?

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

missed this, and i highly doubt that was the case. 

I didn't hear about flyer handouts.  But I did hear they got awfully "preachy" in there and customers complained.  A bit too much "hell fire and brimstone" to take in over a latte.  :lmao:

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I didn't hear about flyer handouts.  But I did hear they got awfully "preachy" in there and customers complained.  A bit too much "hell fire and brimstone" to take in over a latte.  :lmao:

sounds like they were inspired by james o'queef :news:

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

missed this, and i highly doubt that was the case. 

What do you doubt?  You think they knew he was gay or passing out flyers in his store?

He said they weren't, he was alerted by a customer that they were the same group he had seen earlier passing them out.

Unless there is a sign in window saying "gay owned" how would they know?   I go to bars, restaurants, stores, and never give one thought about the sexual preferences  of the owner.   

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

What do you doubt?  You think they knew he was gay or passing out flyers in his store?

He said they weren't, he was alerted by a customer that they were the same group he had seen earlier passing them out.

Unless there is a sign in window saying "gay owned" how would they know?   I go to bars, restaurants, stores, and never give one thought about the sexual preferences  of the owner.   

based on what i saw and heard on the vid, it sounded to me like they were there for one reason, and it wasn't to taste the coffee...

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

If your not gay then does it matter to you?

So you have to be gay to understand this?

Just shut the fuck up already.  Turn in your unifrom with Tool Kit.  Better yet, just throw them away.  They can't be washed enough to rinse the shit out of them,

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Are you dumb? Discrimination.. If a cake maker said he didn’t want to make a cake because someone was black, that wouldn’t fly. 

I was asking you a question because your comment was unclear.  

Don't push your luck.  Did you check on that water supply thingy?  :lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

I was asking you a question becuase your comment was unclear.  

Don't push your luck.  Did you check on that water supply thingy?  :lol:

Don’t be stupid then. If you couldn't figure out my comment, you probably don’t have the critical thinking skills to address this problem in debate. 

Now quit deflecting and answer the prompt. Is it ok for a business to discriminate off race? If no, why does that protection not apply to orientation? 

The conservative SC agreed with me. You don’t get to discriminate because you simply don’t like someone. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Are you dumb? Discrimination.. If a cake maker said he didn’t want to make a cake because someone was black, that wouldn’t fly. 

Yep...pretty basic concept. Not sure why some of these guys are arguing it.

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Don’t be stupid then. If you couldn't figure out my comment, you probably don’t have the critical thinking skills to address this problem in debate. 

Now quit deflecting and answer the prompt. Is it ok for a business to discriminate off race? If no, why does that protection not apply to orientation? 

The conservative SC agreed with me. You don’t get to discriminate because you simply don’t like someone. 

So why was it ok to discriminate against the guys religion?

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

One reason. They put their personal preferences above the law. Yet call themselves constitutionalists...

I find that those here that claim to be Constitutionalists are usually anything but that.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

So why was it ok to discriminate against the guys religion?

They didn’t. They were discriminated against. The cake maker can’t discriminate than claim he was discriminated against because he was forced to follow the law. That is weak. 

28 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

based on what i saw and heard on the vid, it sounded to me like they were there for one reason, and it wasn't to taste the coffee...

Well, lets assume you are right. kind of my issue with "feel good laws" there is always unintended consequences. Are we going to have Nazis going into Jewish bakeries demanding swastika bagels? Pro -lifer wanting aborted fetuses on cake by  pro- choicer?  Some things like hate & morality can not be legislated.

People don't like me or want me around......fine. I will take my business else where. I just don't see a huge issue here.   

18 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Ok, fuck face. 

ONE: Don't flatter yourself too much over your intelligence levels.  TWO: I never stated it was "OK" for any discrimination.  Race or otherwise.  THREE: Anybody will discriminate against anybody any time they want..and that will never change.  The question here is, was this really fair justice?  Or another liberal idiocy enforcement action sponsored and rewarded by a liberal court system.  FOUR:  Read my posts then try to understand them before you fly off the handle and your estrogen levels start to hit hyperdrive while you start representing some god damn Madison hipster punk kid with a two bits in his skinny jeans pants pocket and all the worlds answers under his floppy sock hat.

Mmmmm....k?

6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

They didn’t. They were discriminated against. The cake maker can’t discriminate than claim he was discriminated against because he was forced to follow the law. That is weak. 

Not at all...he wasnt refusing them service...they could purchase anything he had in the store.

16 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

One reason. They put their personal preferences above the law. Yet call themselves constitutionalists...

Real consitutionalism has ZERO to do with personal preference....or emotional sake.

Like real liberal values have little to do with being a hating, self righteous hypoocrite.

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

make the customer a christian wanting a cross shaped cake with bible verses on it, make the baker a muslim who denies him service, and the minds of dave and others would flip....

Probably true and sad.  It's idiocy on both sides.  Why doesn't "the Christian" just take his business elsewhere...and spread the word to do the same.  Like these gays should have....but, PAYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if we are being honest, what are the chances a Christian taking a Muslim baker to court over these same types of issues and it NOT being dismissed immediately in this hypocrisy running wild political climate?  

9 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

make the customer a christian wanting a cross shaped cake with bible verses on it, make the baker a muslim who denies him service, and the minds of dave and others would flip....

Make Trump a dem...

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, Wildboer said:

You're such an authoritarian dude. If you wanna bake wedding cakes you bake wedding cakes. These people bake cakes for adulterers ALL THE TIME, unrepentant sinners ALL THE TIME, they're literally just choosing the sin of being gay and bullying people who commit that sin as if it's a way worse sin than all the other ones people they bake cakes for commit ALL THE TIME.

How is my opinion authoritarian?