Check your account email address ×

Keaton Jones video on bullying.

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Honestly, I don't think this is really an option anymore. Zero tolerance, police officers in school, can land your kid in a lot of trouble for merely   defending himself.

Getting teased (bullied) is not something that ends with school. There are people who won't like you for a variety of reasons .  Kids need to learn to be more resilient........It doesn't get any easier as an adult.  

Fuck worrying about getting trouble, and you should absolutely tell your kids to defend themselves with vigor.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It's funny as hell to me...and sad.  I walked in the other day and my daughter had two friends over.  They were all sitting on their couch looking down at their phones with "thumbs of fury" justa going!!!  I asked if they were all texting eachother and my daughter just got up without missing a beat on her phone and walked upstairs...the other two were right behind her....faces in phones.

I just shook my head and smiled.  Then made a burrito.  :lmao:

You should throw your kids phone in Lake Superior, fuck that phone.

3 hours ago, Skidooski said:

I told the 13 year old we have at home anytime someone tries to bully you, pop them square in the mouth. Fucking kids these days are cruel!!! She was telling me a story how a girl killed herself from being bullied and the kids continued to bully her after she did! :wtf: Those kids need some fucking discipline in their lives.

I told my nephew the same thing. He told me he had a bully at school. I told him the next time the kid hassles him to punch him in the face as hard as he could. His mother had a fit and freaked out on me. She does not understand that the small amount of shit he would get in and the one meeting at school she might have to go to, would end the problem. The issue will not stop, it will get worse as others see an easy target and jump in, and in the end the kid will suffer for a long time and start to hate school. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Good idea.  Hey maybe if this kid is smaller than the other kids and can’t give them a real fight, he should just take a gun to school. I mean that’s what they’re for right. 

You are such fucking moron. 

Is that what happened to you? Tiny little girl so you just took it?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Fuck worrying about getting trouble, and you should absolutely tell your kids to defend themselves with vigor.

I don't disagree, but the reality is it is a much different  world than what we grew up in.   Just be aware there may be consequences that could follow your kid his whole life.

6 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Yes. For sure. And the teachers and principal know too. If a kid pops a known bully, they'll see to it the kid gets in as little trouble as possible. They alt left is way out of touch on this one

defending yourself from a bully is a much more complex issue than just protecting yourself In that one situation. 

1 minute ago, XC.Morrison said:

Going off half cocked every time someone says something that offends them is a lousy lesson to teach your children.  But I guess it’s hard to tell them otherwise given the spastic orange example in the White House.  

Yeah that's what the issue is. Being offended :lol: 

Oh...I agree!!!!!!!!!  I hate that shit too.  I can't pull my daughter off her phone.  I explained to her several times that taking a break from all the drama is important for her mental health.  I wonder when she'll ever agree that I may be correct.  These kids are "on" 24/7.  It's not fair to them.

She pissed me off the other day and I gave her a choice for me to take her car or her phone for the weekend.  She gave me her keys.  Can you imagine having to take that choice as a teenager and somehow deciding losing the car was better?  NOT EVEN FOR A SECOND.  I just SMH....then took her phone anyway.  :lol:

Maybe she sees you on your phone all the time so she doesnt take you seriously.... :hdchr:

It's funny as hell to me...and sad.  I walked in the other day and my daughter had two friends over.  They were all sitting on their couch looking down at their phones with "thumbs of fury" justa going!!!  I asked if they were all texting eachother and my daughter just got up without missing a beat on her phone and walked upstairs...the other two were right behind her....faces in phones.

I just shook my head and smiled.  Then made a burrito.  :lmao:

Thats how my oldest is. He is starting to get that shitty teenager attitude too. Im about to put him through a wall. 

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Thats how my oldest is. He is starting to get that shitty teenager attitude too. Im about to put him through a wall. 

Out of our 2 boys...the one that had that attitude turned out the best. :lol:

Kids been a millionaire since he was in his early 20's

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

I told my nephew the same thing. He told me he had a bully at school. I told him the next time the kid hassles him to punch him in the face as hard as he could. His mother had a fit and freaked out on me. She does not understand that the small amount of shit he would get in and the one meeting at school she might have to go to, would end the problem. The issue will not stop, it will get worse as others see an easy target and jump in, and in the end the kid will suffer for a long time and start to hate school. 

Yep..take the punishment administered from the school and hopefully end any more bullying attempts. :thumb: 

• Like 1

Just now, DAVE said:

Out of our 2 boys...the one that had that attitude turned out the best. :lol:

Kids been a millionaire since he was in his early 20's

Well thats great, what does he do? My kid is super smart but he is also super lazy and very manipulative, especially to his mother. Im not as easily fooled. He is starting to push back on me and im about to let him know just how much I own his world. 

10 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Well thats great, what does he do? My kid is super smart but he is also super lazy and very manipulative, especially to his mother. Im not as easily fooled. He is starting to push back on me and im about to let him know just how much I own his world. 

Right now hes getting an organic vegetable farm going...he started it from scratch...he made it public so restaurants and whoever can have shares in it....he got alot of his initial money when google bought the company he had equity in...google then paid him a ton to go work for them...he worked for them till his contract was up then came back to Canada.

As for him pushing back...i remember that time all to well. I grabbed my son by the neck and literally lifted him off the ground against the wall.... :lol:

Kid thought he was tough....I went through the same thing with my father. :lol2:

19 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Grap a big fucking stick and take a bully out by the knees from behind. They will never fuck with you again.

Yup. Did this in gym with a hockey stick. I was 5'6" and 120lbs in high school and got picked on quite a bit. One particular kid kept taking swipes at me during floor hockey. I finally had enough and took a full 2 handed baseball swing at the back of his legs. He crumpled like a baby and I got called for a "penalty". He walked with a limp for a few days but never bothered me again. I earned a little respect that day and damn did it feel good!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

zacty-  we always told out kids they would have to deal with the schools punishment but if they were defending themselves there would be no issues at home and if we are going to start swinging you don't stop until it's over.  

Just now, Skidude600 said:

Yup. Did this in gym with a hockey stick. I was 5'6" and 120lbs in high school and got picked on quite a bit. One particular kid kept taking swipes at me during floor hockey. I finally had enough and took a full 2 handed baseball swing at the back of his legs. He crumpled like a baby and I got called for a "penalty". He walked with a limp for a few days but never bothered me again. I earned a little respect that day and damn did it feel good!!

Thats awesome!!! :)

27 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Going off half cocked every time someone says something that offends them is a lousy lesson to teach your children.  But I guess it’s hard to tell them otherwise given the spastic orange example in the White House.  

I suppose throwing marshmallows at them would be out of the question?

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Right now he getting an organic vegetable farm going...he started it from scratch...he made it public so restaurants and whoever can have shares in it....he got alot of his initial money when google bought the company he had equity in...google then paid him a ton to go work for them...he worked for them till his contract was up then came back to Canada.

As for him pushing back...i remember that time all to well. I grabbed my son by the neck and literally lifted him off the ground against the wall.... :lol:

Kid thought he was tough....I went through the same thing with my father. :lol2:

Yeah he is about to have a date with the wall pretty soon i think. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Corporal punishment is a good thing for boys...it kept me in line for the most part...kids these days have to much control and a lack of respect for adults...kids are to been seen and not heard.... :lol:

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

We've all gone through this. I will always remember getting one of these lessons. Back talked my father one too many times . Next thing I knew I was on the ground with his face inches from mine letting me know he didn't appreciate my attitude. Needless to say things were different after that. I had to do something similar to my oldest in front of my other two kids. They ALL learned something that day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Corporal punishment is a good thing for boys...it kept me in line for the most part...kids these days have to much control and a lack of respect for adults...kids are to been seen and not heard.... :lol:

I never hit them, I never really had too, but I dont like these attitudes Im getting lately. They need a reality check.