wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

3 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

These are on my '17 

IMG_20191114_224511050.thumb.jpg.67e3c20cd772ff040efc1dd4b7c8fd95.jpg

More like 6 

Same here 

I don't remember how long it took. Couple of days Zero runs 

No runs?  You clearly don't know what you are doing whilst painting sleds.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve got a medium you can have.  At least I think it’s a medium...might be a small.  It came with the sled.

:dunno:

Windshield budget for the year is 2.

Just now, racinfarmer said:

No runs?  You clearly don't know what you are doing whilst painting sleds.  

Windshield budget for the year is 2.

Lol, I learned from a great painter. I've shot a few coats on cars before.  Just have to take your time 

29 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Those poo prices are nuts. I'd also much rather have the XCR over the XC personally, so from that side of things, saving the money and going with that is a no brainer.  You made the right call, the X is just so bland in the G4 nowadays it makes no sense to get one.  TNT/blizzard or XRS is the only way to go on a doo unless you are going with something like exits, then even an adrenaline 850 would be fine.  

Werd. Switchy

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Lol, I learned from a great painter. I've shot a few coats on cars before.  Just have to take your time 

Taking your time starts with at least 1/2 dozen beers before you decide it is a good idea to paint something with shitty prep.  

It is the UP, the Amelia Island.  

11 hours ago, thewayout said:

Thanks Tom!  I was going to plastidip the windshield black, but am unsure how it will hold up. Have you had any luck with painting windshields and having them hold up? 

plastidip/paint the inside not the out and it will be fine.  

Edited by Angry ginger

11 hours ago, thewayout said:

Thanks Tom!  I was going to plastidip the windshield black, but am unsure how it will hold up. Have you had any luck with painting windshields and having them hold up? 

I havent seen plastidip hold up well on any sled parts. 

Im sure you could get a black paint to stick. Just need to find the right paint. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Im sure you could get a black paint to stick. Just need to find the right paint. 

Yep, my buddy painted his green screen with some good rattle can primer and gloss black paint.  It held up perfect for two years before he sold it.  I was surprised.  like all painting...it's all in the prep work.

On 11/15/2019 at 9:28 AM, AKIQPilot said:

I already told him what works

IMG_20191117_211829904.thumb.jpg.213acdc6e80fab4e09617c7b01437d13.jpg

@thewayout

6 light coats on the inside 

IMG_20191117_211136436.thumb.jpg.02437bbbe4ed088af2a2cb1624a9d863.jpgIMG_20191117_211227173.thumb.jpg.83527e33bb46cd4e8eca1f3a87c0e4cd.jpg

Make sure you mask the outside with some masking/painters tape 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 11:24 PM, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I priced out 129's and 137's in both Doo XRS's and Poo XC and XCR   Prices I got from my dealer that I bought from (which were the lowest) was Poo 129" XCR $14,8?? Poo 137" XC $15,4??  Renegade XRS  $14,218. And my MXZ XRS $13,727.  Those are ALL OTD prices , which includes 6% sales tax. 

But but Doo is the most expensive!

• Haha 1

Potentially a dumb question.

My 08 d7 right hand grip doesn't work/heat up. I am not getting any ohms of resistance on the plug. Is there a simple fix or do I have to rip the grips off and get new ones?

25 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Potentially a dumb question.

My 08 d7 right hand grip doesn't work/heat up. I am not getting any ohms of resistance on the plug. Is there a simple fix or do I have to rip the grips off and get new ones?

Unless there is an electrical short going to the element, it’s toast.  You should be able to pull the grips off with heat and blow some air into the bars to pull them off and put them back on over new elements.  If not, fuck them...just buy new grips too.

I called Polaris today and they have elements in stock for $45 cad.

I also pulled all my idler wheels off as the need bearings and I have two wheels that take a 6007 bearing. Royal doesn't even sell them and they are $67 each from a local bearing supplier but 0 stock. Wtf. The rest are 6004 and super cheap and widely available. 

17 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

I called Polaris today and they have elements in stock for $45 cad.

I also pulled all my idler wheels off as the need bearings and I have two wheels that take a 6007 bearing. Royal doesn't even sell them and they are $67 each from a local bearing supplier but 0 stock. Wtf. The rest are 6004 and super cheap and widely available. 

6007-2RS's are under $20/us each from McMaster.  

Just now, racinfarmer said:

6007-2RS's are under $20/us each from McMaster.  

Hmm. A shop in Ontario I used to work for years ago bought a lot from them. I wonder what shipping would be like? They work out to just under $27each.

Thanks. I will check them out right now

1 minute ago, Tomas. said:

Hmm. A shop in Ontario I used to work for years ago bought a lot from them. I wonder what shipping would be like? They work out to just under $27each.

Thanks. I will check them out right now

Amazon that stuff, now that I think of it.