Check your account email address ×

New Cat 800

Rw06GT

• Platinum Contributing Member
39 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Exhaust valves were on Jap bikes, Arctic cat had handle bar mounted skid adjustment :guzzle: 

No shit.   Thats why I said "granted some of these may have been on other products but doo put them on sleds first." 

What people are missing about this new Axys chassis sled is its overwhelming response to body english and positioning. If you sit back on the seat just 6" the sled will lift the skis at will .....if you sit forward on the sled it is impossible to lift a ski. This is the single biggest advance in sled technology since rider forward and people who havent ridden one are missing out. The axys chassis may be as large of an advance as the rev chassis was. Its that good. The ergos on this sled are second to none .....the ease of movement on the sled etc etc. Its better than anything I have ridden. Now I have not ridden the new G4 but I sat on it and while its good its not Axys good. The cat and yamaha are miles behind here. Also the r-motion is a great trail suspension but it does not offer the same transfer and response to body positioning the the Axys does.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Dave said:

Cat was the 1st to come out with o big bore twin i believe

I think Cat had the 650 in 1988 if you call that a big bore.   Didn't doo have a 617 already?   Cat went to 700 in 91 and doo to 670 in 92.  

40 minutes ago, f7ben said:

What people are missing about this new Axys chassis sled is its overwhelming response to body english and positioning. If you sit back on the seat just 6" the sled will lift the skis at will .....if you sit forward on the sled it is impossible to lift a ski. This is the single biggest advance in sled technology since rider forward and people who havent ridden one are missing out. The axys chassis may be as large of an advance as the rev chassis was. Its that good. The ergos on this sled are second to none .....the ease of movement on the sled etc etc. Its better than anything I have ridden. Now I have not ridden the new G4 but I sat on it and while its good its not Axys good. The cat and yamaha are miles behind here. Also the r-motion is a great trail suspension but it does not offer the same transfer and response to body positioning the the Axys does.

If you currently owned and were riding a Baguette it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread.....

13 minutes ago, lastzrt said:

If you currently owned and were riding a Baguette it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread.....

Uh huh ....thats why I have sold many sleds I was unhappy with after just a few rides. I spend too much money on this sport to have something I am unhappy with and I can ride whatever sled I want without limitation

56 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I agree. I would like to spend some more time on one. I would like to see what that rear suspension feels like dialed in better. Just riding yours for what 15-20 minutes I felt like I could ride it faster than mine thru the trails. the handling is unreal.

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

I agree. I would like to spend some more time on one. I would like to see what that rear suspension feels like dialed in better. Just riding yours for what 15-20 minutes I felt like I could ride it faster than mine thru the trails. the handling is unreal.

I think its a bit frustrating because the small changes make such big differences in handling and this chassis needs to be dialed in for every rider and their weight style etc. I have made more changes on this sled than most others but I am prone to tinkering either way. Now that its pretty dialed for me I can say I am thrilled. I will still send all 4 shocks to Goodwin or Hygear and have them recommend and better setup for my weight and style of riding but as it sits now I would not trade this sled for any other one on the market and that includes a new 850. Also the fact that Polaris whores these things out sweetens the deal that much more ....fuck skidoo and their 13k price tags

I've spent so much time on xp skidoo's that getting on your sled was like putting on an old pair of jeans and the r-motion is the best rear skid out .....but the ergos and handling of the new poo set up apart

Edited by f7ben

Just now, f7ben said:

I think its a bit frustrating because the small changes make such big differences in handling and this chassis needs to be dialed in for every rider and their weight style etc. I have made more changes on this sled than most others but I am prone to tinkering either way. Now that its pretty dialed for me I can say I am thrilled. I will still send all 4 shocks to Goodwin or Hygear and have them recommend and better setup for my weight and style of riding but as it sits now I would not trade this sled for any other one on the market and that includes a new 850. Also the fact that Polaris whores these things out sweetens the deal that much more ....fuck skidoo and their 13k price tags

I was hoping to get some seat time on a new 850 last weekend but it fucking rained! Funny thing is i heard he isnt all that crazy about it, he likes the Polaris better. :lol: But then again, that was coming from Pierre who is the biggest Arctic Cat hack who ever lived so he wont miss a chance to dog skidoo. especially since Sean went from Cat to doo last year and is now on an 850...

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

I was hoping to get some seat time on a new 850 last weekend but it fucking rained! Funny thing is i heard he isnt all that crazy about it, he likes the Polaris better. :lol: But then again, that was coming from Pierre who is the biggest Arctic Cat hack who ever lived so he wont miss a chance to dog skidoo. especially since Sean went from Cat to doo last year and is now on an 850...

:lol: I'm sure the 850 is good. But you have to wait a bit and get the real ride reports from all the guys who arent dyed in the wool doo faggots who live and breath everything that comes out of the fag shop in ValCourte Quebecoius

Edited by f7ben

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: I'm sure the 850 is good. But you have to wait a bit and get the real ride reports from all the guys who arent dyed in the wool doo faggots who live and breath everything that comes out of the fag shop in ValCourte Quebecoius

Yeah that's why I wanted to write it for myself. But still with these crappy winters I don't think I'm going to be on a new one next year either

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Yeah that's why I wanted to write it for myself. But still with these crappy winters I don't think I'm going to be on a new one next year either

Its fucking bullshit ......the UP didnt even have that great of snow until you got up into the Kee snowbelt ....south of there was pretty sketchy

6 hours ago, Anler said:

For boat engines. Im talking snowmobiles. I dont know of any production snowmobile offered to the public that came with direct fuel injection prior to the etec. Or even semi direct injection.

I think the move from carbs to EFI was a much larger step then SDI/DI.

50 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I think the move from carbs to EFI was a much larger step then SDI/DI.

Of course you do. We are talking about who introduced what first here bonehead. 

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You buy sleds based on gas and oil efficiency?

I'm coming to take your fucking wings.....and the blue cheese!!!

:lol:

Tell you what... Sure was nice when you only needed to fill up every other stop while riding with your cat buddies... :lol:

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You buy sleds based on gas and oil efficiency?

I'm coming to take your fucking wings.....and the blue cheese!!!

:lol:

Reliability is the main thing.