Check your account email address ×

Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

That is a pretty square deal.  Less than I paid for my 20 Back Country 850 base model.  Bro was sniffing around and got a price on a new SBA 146 Matrix, like almost 18 grand   WTF  :lol: 

Yeah they sure command a premium price. 😜

https://patsmotorsports.com/Showroom/New-In-Stock-Inventory/New/Snowmobiles

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Pat's is having a demo ride on the 12th. We were going to go up there but the weather does not look promising...

Vince, dan and I went to one there years ago and it was the weirdest thing. Typically they make you fill out a waiver and provide ID and shit. Nope not here. Hey you wanna ride this? Here you go! LOL. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Anler said:

Pat's is having a demo ride on the 12th. We were going to go up there but the weather does not look promising...

Vince, dan and I went to one there years ago and it was the weirdest thing. Typically they make you fill out a waiver and provide ID and shit. Nope not here. Hey you wanna ride this? Here you go! LOL. 

They’re pretty laid back up there. Whole different world compared to chitown.

• Like 1

Sucks having a new Polaris/SkiDoo/Canam dealer that just opened up right down the road and on the way to work every day.  Just walking around that place and I can't help but pick up some Linq or Klim swag  :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/28/2020 at 11:46 AM, DriftBusta said:

Sucks having a new Polaris/SkiDoo/Canam dealer that just opened up right down the road and on the way to work every day.  Just walking around that place and I can't help but pick up some Linq or Klim swag  :lol: 

Take a different route lol

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Digging through some old photos and found some pics of ye ole Trailcat!  Cleats with no real traction, you can drive it slideways around corners quite well.  

20151220_140657.jpg

Until the cleats catch on something and yard sale your ass. Lol

I rolled the shit out of a 76 Panthers on a bend in the rum river. Fucking cleats!

Just now, FrankieJames7 said:

Nothing really saving up to buy a house i can go back home and ride my dads sleds if I want to ride.

Good move. I didn’t get my first sled until I was 30. But I was on my third or fourth house by then.

House = good investment.

Snowmobile not so much.

:bc: 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

Nothing really saving up to buy a house i can go back home and ride my dads sleds if I want to ride.

Smart.

After I got married and bought a house it took me over 15 years to get a new sled.

I so wanted one, but I had to man up and change priorities.

We're in a good spot now.

Good luck. Keep your head down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Smart.

After I got married and bought a house it took me over 15 years to get a new sled.

I so wanted one, but I had to man up and change priorities.

We're in a good spot now.

Good luck. Keep your head down.

i spent my 20's saving money not having fun.  Bought my first place while in college and TBH looking back I should have spent a bit more on toys/fun then.   by the time i loosened the pocketbook i had kids which limited that some.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i spent my 20's saving money not having fun.  Bought my first place while in college and TBH looking back I should have spent a bit more on toys/fun then.   by the time i loosened the pocketbook i had kids which limited that some.  

I had a new atv first. Had a very old sled, a 92.  I was having fun but I was doing what needed to be done first.

House paid in 10 years. Toys are bought with cash here.

34 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I had a new atv first. Had a very old sled, a 92.  I was having fun but I was doing what needed to be done first.

House paid in 10 years. Toys are bought with cash here.

i think i would be physically ill financing toys but I am not built to be in debt even when it makes some sense.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

Good move. I didn’t get my first sled until I was 30. But I was on my third or fourth house by then.

House = good investment.

Snowmobile not so much.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

I bought my first new sled outright in November after starting work that May at 22 fresh out of college living in a kind of crappy apartment and driving a $2500 jeep grand cherokee. :lol:

Now I have a nice house with land, over 6 figures in the 401k, and feeling really good about my place in life. I would be further ahead financially than I am now if I didn't snowmobile, but I had a blast and made awesome memories in my 20s with my old man and friends riding all over Quebec and Maine that I wouldn't replace for anything. Ill be ready for a little slowdown in the next couple of years having kids and trying to save for a camp up north, but for now I'm still going to be buying a new sled on a 3 year cycle like an idiot. :lol:

• Like 1

Balance.  No regrets here.  I spent my 20s-early 30s building businesses, starting a family and buying my first house.  Got to be about 30 started buying sleds and motorcycles, living life and saving money.  

6 hours ago, Edmo said:

House = good investment.

Snowmobile not so much.

I bought 2 shitty snowmobiles when I was 18 for $500. Rode em a couple times that winter around the neighborhood (we didnt have a trailer or anything back then). In the spring neither one of those dogs would start so we ditched em somewhere LOL.

At age 18 I bought a 2 -1/2 story 4 bedroom Lake home in 1966 after marrying my High School Sweetheart, first sled was a used Johnson Ski Horse then in 1973 I bought a new SkiDoo F/A, sold that in 1978 when I began buying new Kawaski's each year thru 1982.