Check your account email address ×

Here's why so many millennials making 6-figure salaries still feel broke

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Absolutely but when you are young your want to party and do fun stuff, I know i  did. 

Yeah but an article complaining about making a $100K+ in your 30's seems fucking ludicrous to me. 

22 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

wow whos cooler than you?!  :lol: Smh

certainly not some old dude who should be retired but can't cause mommy hasn't given him his inheritance yet,  :news:  

Funny i was thinking in the car rolling in that it's been a while since we took some personal shots at one another.  

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Angry ginger said:

Funny i was thinking in the car rolling in that it's been a while since we took some personal shots at one another.  

Then start a thread for it. No one needs to see you two boys shit anymore then they want to see snotty and the one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I don't see a lot of younger folks with boats , wheelers ect. Round here it's gen x er's and boomers

We see a ton up here where we are with sxs,sleds,atvs and boats. Most are from the city with parents that have cottages/homes up here. Daddy will buy them a new one lol

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I do believe most around here tend to spend quite a bit in restaurants and bars. In my drinking days a mixed drink was $3.50 for good booze. Whats a top shelf drink these days $8.50?

That's what I see too. Everything has to have a party or get together. Birthdays, showers, reveals, all are big budget. Everyone is a Kardashian now....

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, frenchy said:

$100k plus eh?

But noggin says it's the slave wages that are keeping those poor millennial souls down under the boots of the factory owners.

Which is it?

Well to be fair the millennital haters all say they are too lazy to get jobs. Somewhere in the middle lies reality. :lol: 

Just remember, these same types may eventually get into politics.  You know, the ones that can't manage their own 100k plus budget may eventually want to help the country.  And we wonder why we have such a huge deficit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Just remember, these same types may eventually get into politics.  You know, the ones that can't manage their own 100k plus budget may eventually want to help the country.  And we wonder why we have such a huge deficit.

so they can't do any worse than their parents generation

31 minutes ago, s pump said:

That's what I see too. Everything has to have a party or get together. Birthdays, showers, reveals, all are big budget. Everyone is a Kardashian now....

Truth. Dial it down a bit and that 100k is just fine.

• Thanks 1

I really don’t see any formula that proves one generation is worse than the other. Whether it be boomers, gen x, millennials; a spending problem is a spending problem. A living problem is a living problem. Seeking short term gratification through having “stuff” and status is a recipe for financial issues and an unquenchable thirst for more. Those that live by this formula financially, typically have a wide variety of issues in other areas of their life. Relationships, satisfaction with life,, ability to relax, and many times some addiction issue. It’s as though these people get one essential formula for happiness confused and struggle figuring it out. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, racer254 said:

As opposed to those that have figured out a way to exploit their position of power for financial and wealth gain at the expense of their constituents? Or those that refuse to release their tax returns? 

16 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I really don’t see any formula that proves one generation is worse than the other. Whether it be boomers, gen x, millennials; a spending problem is a spending problem. A living problem is a living problem. Seeking short term gratification through having “stuff” and status is a recipe for financial issues and an unquenchable thirst for more. Those that live by this formula financially, typically have a wide variety of issues in other areas of their life. Relationships, satisfaction with life,, ability to relax, and many times some addiction issue. It’s as though these people get one essential formula for happiness confused and struggle figuring it out. 

That's deep.

How about putting away for your future first and then watch as your plan starts to play out.  Its not really complicated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's deep.

How about putting away for your future first and then watch as your plan starts to play out.  Its not really complicated.

It is deep. And it’s looking further into the issue than what’s on the surface. The only way to solve a major living problem is to figure out what’s missing in an individual’s life and understand that compensatory behaviors are driving these financial and other problems. 

1 hour ago, s pump said:

My wife's 2 cousins (both male. Her dad's sisters son's one is 32 other 34) both have recently gotten married within the last 5 years and had their first kids.  Seems like everything has been a competition to see who can out do the other one.  Weddings were both ridiculous. One had 13 one each side for bridesmaids and groomsmen. The other had 14. Both the wedding receptions were really crazy.  I'm guessing at least $4-500K each. Then the baby shower (and wedding showers) my wife said we're both ridiculous too.  Then they both within the last 2 years just had birthday parties for their babies 1st birthday.  She said they were like what you'd see at a wedding shower. Rented hall , all decorated, with ridiculous hors d'oeuvre's , food and desserts tables.  Fucking ridiculous.  

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's deep.

As i said they want instant gratification.  it's not new but the instagram culture IMO has made it worse.  My concerns were maxing out my 401k ASAP and getting my student loans paid off.  

• Thanks 1