Check your account email address ×

Big news from doo coming tomorrow

Rod

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Haven't ridden out there since '08 or '09 but I imagine every Johnny Boondocker is out there these days and it's harder to find true untracked play areas.  We found some total gems back in the day.  I really miss it.  Mostly stuck to the meadows and gullies though.  Didn't do a ton of climbing, though I could always out-highmark @spin_dry :)

Remember this? 

244E0E13-C57B-47AE-BFF2-7C019D4E943E.jpeg

15 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Same with here.  But you'll have faggots here trying to buy them. 

You already have retards on FB talking about tunes and cheating the system they have.  They'd be the crying like little bitches when their warranty got denied 

there is a fair number of MI people who will travel to CO and WY,  very few here.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

there is a fair number of MI people who will travel to CO and WY,  very few here.  

Faggots here will buy them to ride in the northern lower and UP, thinking they are riding a 200hp 850. And we have less elevation than you guys do there. 

Already see faggots here on RMKs and Summits with 3" tracks. :lol:  With back packs and shovels :lmao:

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Faggots here will buy them to ride in the northern lower and UP, thinking they are riding a 200hp 850. And we have less elevation than you guys do there. 

Already see faggots here on RMKs and Summits with 3" tracks. :lol:  With back packs and shovels :lmao:

There’s idiots riding alphas around here lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

True

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

More than our fairs share here.  It was a couple years back but I was in my old Doo dealer and he had several long tracks on the showroom floor.  I made a comment about them not selling well here...he laughed and said, "Nope!  I sell 50/50 Mtn vs. trail."  I was astonished.  i just shook my head...and we both laughed.  Pretty sure I asked him where the avalanche beacons were.

:lol: 

• Haha 1

The 850 E-Tec Turbo has a sensor intergraded in the CVT cover, this will take a reading in the CVT area when the heat is too high, this will send a signal to the ECM and set off a notification in the cluster. There are two levels of functions one is a belt overload condition and the other is a belt overheat condition.

Note:
You may see belt temp in the cluster if it’s selected (A) 

Belt overheat condition:

If the belt temperature reaches 75 Celsius/167 Fahrenheit a message will appear BELT OVERHEAT + 2 beeps every 10 seconds and once the belt temperature becomes lower then 75 Celsius/167 Fahrenheit the message disappears. 

Belt overload condition:

If a critical condition is detected over 1 minute a message will display BELT OVERLOAD + 2 beeps every 15 seconds, if the rider reduces critical overload style of riding the message disappears.

If it’s still in a critical condition for over 10 minutes the BELT OVERLOAD appears + 2 beeps every 10 seconds, the message will not disappear until engine shutdown.

This will not reduce any power lost but will advise the rider to ease up to help save the belt.

This will also resister two codes in BUDS:

Level 1 = P3311: Overload with Warning in the cluster
                                        Level 2 = P3312: Overload with Warning in the cluster but rider continue to run hard. 

9 minutes ago, Doorider said:

The 850 E-Tec Turbo has a sensor intergraded in the CVT cover, this will take a reading in the CVT area when the heat is too high, this will send a signal to the ECM and set off a notification in the cluster. There are two levels of functions one is a belt overload condition and the other is a belt overheat condition.

Note:

Belt overheat condition:

If the belt temperature reaches 75 Celsius/167 Fahrenheit a message will appear BELT OVERHEAT + 2 beeps every 10 seconds and once the belt temperature becomes lower then 75 Celsius/167 Fahrenheit the message disappears. 

Belt overload condition:

If a critical condition is detected over 1 minute a message will display BELT OVERLOAD + 2 beeps every 15 seconds, if the rider reduces critical overload style of riding the message disappears.

If it’s still in a critical condition for over 10 minutes the BELT OVERLOAD appears + 2 beeps every 10 seconds, the message will not disappear until engine shutdown.

This will not reduce any power lost but will advise the rider to ease up to help save the belt.

Level 2 = P3312: Overload with Warning in the cluster but rider continue to run hard. 

Still blowing belts..... turbo schurbo big deal can't even run 100%.

19 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

is it 4lbs across the board or do they have a altitude monitor to adjust boost as needed ? 

Not sure how it will determine boot requirement to maintain constant hp. Could be altitude, however temp also play a role in air density,  so it could use a number of inputs.

5 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Not sure how it will determine boot requirement to maintain constant hp. Could be altitude, however temp also play a role in air density,  so it could use a number of inputs.

It has a map sensor 

6 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Likely through a MAP sensor. 

1 minute ago, ManOnManOral said:

Will that alone allow it to alter boost so as to maintain constant hp?

Yes....it appears to have a complex control scheme between the electronic boost control , the electronic wastegate and an electronic diverter in the intake tract. 

Through use of a MAP sensor and likely a MAF sensor it could achieve this easily.

The best way would be to have full closed loop control and then you could just have a speed density tune and not need a maf

2 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

No it will need several inputs like the map and the tps, even that fancy belt load deal. Pretty sure that detects belt slip.

It would need map , maf and tps if it's open loop

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Oh yea, seen those here too :lol:

2 hours ago, Anler said:

True

They're all over the place in the UP :lmao:

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

More than our fairs share here.  It was a couple years back but I was in my old Doo dealer and he had several long tracks on the showroom floor.  I made a comment about them not selling well here...he laughed and said, "Nope!  I sell 50/50 Mtn vs. trail."  I was astonished.  i just shook my head...and we both laughed.  Pretty sure I asked him where the avalanche beacons were.

:lol: 

:lmao: :lol:

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

There’s a bunch of them running around in Maine, but unless you have 4-5’ of snow I dont see the point.

Even with that much snow, it ain't anywhere near steep enough for any of those here or where you're at.  A 137 or 146" is plenty for what we have in Michigan.  

5 hours ago, Doorider said:

Note:

Belt overheat condition:

Belt overload condition:

doo should have had  this option for about a decade 

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Yeah you can run an incredibly basic system on open loop.  

You could run an even more basic system in closed loop because it can adjust in real time based on the most critical parameters. 

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You could run an even more basic system in closed loop because it can adjust in real time based on the most critical parameters. 

Well sorta. You need 02’s then. Open loop doesn’t. 

my car in open loop speed density just runs off the MAP, TPS, IAT and coolant sensor