Check your account email address ×

Doggie picture thread

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, xcr700 said:

yeah. I'll be a train wreck I'm sure if I have to put ours down . Really can't imagine 

I think you will be surprised at the emotions your hairy friend will bring out of you!

9 hours ago, DAVE said:

Very sorry to hear this....and agree its been over 2 yrs since i put my jack russel eddie down and still get upset when i think of him...the vet said try and think of the good times you shared with him but its tough....they play such huge part in our lives.

Think of him Burton all the time, kids usually say good night to him too most nights, we have a picture of him on the wall with his leash, tags & paw print in the frame. It is much easier now to think of the good memories.

Going to get him cremated really helped with the closure....for me at least.

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It's no joke.  Not gonna lie a bit, I've lost 4 now and cried like a girl every time.  We take a week off to get our heads straight.  It's tough as hell.....for every one of them.

This is Zambroski.  My first boy.  Almost 15 when I put him down.

LOL...cry like a girl is good way to put it.

They bring so much joy & memories, yet so much sorrow too when it is their time.

1 hour ago, 2strokemerc said:

We lost our best friend a year ago, difficult day for sure. She had enough energy to walk into the vets office but didn't come out. She was 10 years old and developed a bunch of problems before loosing her appetite. 

That was one of the hardest things, Burton would seem fine for short periods, than exhausted, on the night/evening we were in the animal hospital, vet said it was just the adrenaline rush causing him to behave normal for short periods.

Dogs truely are your best friend, so many good memories, which makes their loss so hard.

:bc:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DAVE said:

Very sorry to hear this....and agree its been over 2 yrs since i put my jack russel eddie down and still get upset when i think of him...the vet said try and think of the good times you shared with him but its tough....they play such huge part in our lives.

Dogs,and even cats become a part of the family, something some people never understand 

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  The little one is Piper.  She's not that little (bout 45 lbs) but he's a damn Ogre.  Kenai is 160 pounds of oaf.  My little polar bear cub.  Just as sweet as he can be, but sure as hell can stop you in your tracks with his looks.  

Here with his little friend:

image.jpg

Our dog and cat are best friends too. Weird . Thought these guys were supposed to hate each other lol 

1 hour ago, 2strokemerc said:

We lost our best friend a year ago, difficult day for sure. She had enough energy to walk into the vets office but didn't come out. She was 10 years old and developed a bunch of problems before loosing her appetite. 316721_10150434539077812_2073391667_n.jpg10846474_10152899755687812_4965961037123986740_n.jpg

That sucks. Ours developed pancreatitus.  Stopped eating and started puking everywhere.  Brought her to the vet and spent 1500.00 to get her treated. Guy at work said if it was his dog ,he'd just shoot it or put it down.  Waste of money he said . I nearly punched him in the throat 

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Here's our Izzy B (Izzabella)  She would chase a tennis ball all day long if there was someone willing to throw it that long.

DSC_2425.jpg

DSC_2420.jpg

DSC_2457.jpg

Love those dogs 

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

We had a golden retriever for just short of 15 years. He went out to do his business and his back legs gave out. He couldn't stand up. My wife and I took him to the vet. He had a tumor that we couldn't see. It was as you said so hard having him put down and leaving there without him. A member of our family was gone. We both cried a lot.

I couldn't imagine going in to the vet with our dog,and not coming out with her . That would kill me 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Ben has had two tumors removed in his front left leg, one last year and now just 6 weeks ago and is still recovering from the surgery.  Did not have the heart to put him down.  Took both dogs on a walk yesterday. 

We had some tumors removed on our dog. Turned out to just be benine fatty deposits.  Thank God 

Just now, smokin george said:

Special clinging powers lol. They're a very clingy breed. Still posts my pics sideways from my phone

I love dobermans . Reminds me of Zeus and Apollo from Magnum PI 

5 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Dogs,and even cats become a part of the family, something some people never understand 

Our dog and cat are best friends too. Weird . Thought these guys were supposed to hate each other lol 

That sucks. Ours developed pancreatitus.  Stopped eating and started puking everywhere.  Brought her to the vet and spent 1500.00 to get her treated. Guy at work said if it was his dog ,he'd just shoot it or put it down.  Waste of money he said . I nearly punched him in the throat 

Love those dogs 

I couldn't imagine going in to the vet with our dog,and not coming out with her . That would kill me 

We had some tumors removed on our dog. Turned out to just be benine fatty deposits.  Thank God 

His were cancer but did not spread, so we had it removed.  Have no regrets.

9 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Ben has had two tumors removed in his front left leg, one last year and now just 6 weeks ago and is still recovering from the surgery.  Did not have the heart to put him down.  Took both dogs on a walk yesterday. 

If Billy's tumor was operable it would have been done. Regrettably it wasn't. My wife is the supreme animal lover. Easter weekend two years ago we had to rush her horse to the University of Guelph for emergency surgery for a pendiculated intestine. They removed 28 ft. The surgery was $12K and over the course of the summer follow up vet bills, medications etc. it totaled out at $19K. He's 25 and he gets more attention than I do. She was out riding Wednesday.

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

If Billy's tumor was operable it would have been done. Regrettably it wasn't. My wife is the supreme animal lover. Easter weekend two years ago we had to rush her horse to the University of Guelph for emergency surgery for a pendiculated intestine. They removed 28 ft. The surgery was $12K and over the course of the summer follow up vet bills, medications etc. it totaled out at $19K. He's 25 and he gets more attention than I do. She was out riding Wednesday.

I have spent over 6k on ben in the past year.:bc:

Man, good to hear some of you feel the same about our pups.  And yep...we've racked up some nice vet bills over the last 20 years too.  Don't regret it a bit.  Even if in the end it didn't stop the inevitable, I'd like to think it helped ease whatever pain they may have had.  And I think it did.  There were moments I thought they were gonna come all the way back. Bit at a certain age, well... :(

And not sure who posted it but the folks that accidently run off at the mouth about "waste of money" or "just a dog" rhetoric.  Well, to those fuckers, enjoy your fucking hospital stay and lifelong nightmares.  But I'll bet you thought you sounded cool and "manly" as that shit was running over your lips.  Damn shit makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end just thinking about it!  I need my meds now.

Edited by Zambroski
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Man, good to hear some of you feel the same about our pups.  And yep...we've racked up some nice vet bills over the last 20 years too.  Don't regret it a bit.  Even if in the end it didn't stop the inevitable, I'd like to think it helped ease whatever pain they may have had.  And I think it did.  There were moments I thought they were gonna come all the way back. Bit at a certain age, well... :(

And not sure who posted it but the folks that accidently run off at the mouth about "waste of money" or "just a dog" rhetoric.  Well, to those fuckers, enjoy your fucking hospital stay and lifelong nightmares.  But I'll bet you thought you sounded cool and "manly" as that shit was running over your lips.  Damn shit makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end just thinking about it!  I need my meds now.

That was me ..drives me crazy when people say "it's just a dog"

For us they are the "fur kids". We have 2 chocolate labs currently, 10 & 5.

Spent $15,000.00 on the 10 year old over the last three years, no regrets.

The 5 year old is a recent addition, another rescue, they are best buddies!

The boys.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Well, I may have bad news for you both....it's gonna be up to him if he wants to get in the car or not. You may be able to walk him right to the door but that may it.  Cuz if he ain't helping load himself up...well...good luck.  Bring meat.  He likes BBQ.

:lol:

She found a beautiful 160 pounder red and white Mal in Michigan she really wanted.  I did my best to explain to her that she'd be breakfast to him and the boy would be a snack to hold him over until lunch.  

18 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

:lol:

She found a beautiful 160 pounder red and white Mal in Michigan she really wanted.  I did my best to explain to her that she'd be breakfast to him and the boy would be a snack to hold him over until lunch.  

In all seriousness, it takes constant control when walking him.  When he goes, you'd better damn well be ready because if you hit the ground, it's gonna be a battle. My wife is 125 lbs and she's got scars in her legs and arms from him pulling her down the road and through the woods (I mean let go already!!!!).  I'm 215-ish and sorta "meaty" and he's pulled me through a damn ditch more than once.  He's pretty good but you have to keep reminding him you are there.  These dogs were bred for pulling power and when they get a jump and gain momentum, JESUS!!  Truth is, not everyone should be tied to them with a tether (leash).  We'll get to playing pretty rough sometimes and I wonder what if he turned "nut-job" on me? I sure as hell don't wanna on the ground with him.  But, he's just a big baby Huey and the thought of him being aggressive with us is hilarious.

Edited by Zambroski

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

In all seriousness, it takes constant control when walking him.  When he goes, you'd better damn well be ready because if you hit the ground, it's gonna be a battle. My wife is 125 lbs and she's got scars in her legs and arms from him pulling her down the road and through the woods (I mean let go already!!!!).  I'm 225 and sorta "meaty" and he's pulled me through a damn ditch more than once.  He's pretty good but you have to keep reminding him you are there.  These dogs were bred for pulling power and when they get a jump and gain momentum, JESUS!!  Truth is, not everyone should be tied to them with a tether (leash).  We'll get to playing pretty rough sometimes and I wonder what if he turned "nut-job" on me? I sure as hell don't wanna on the ground with him.  But, he's just a big baby Huey and the thought of him being aggressive with us is hilarious.

I was kind of hoping to find a good German Shepherd puppy, but we found lab/Bernese puppies for a pretty good price we might go meet next week.  

17 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I have no use for people who do not like dogs.

Dogs are good for what ails you. Not so good for the lawn but that is unimportant. No b matter how bad it was at work the wagging tail with the tennis ball in the mouth as you came through the door made the bad day a distant memory