Check your account email address ×

Meth Storm

Just now, f7ben said:

Because I am not in a position to do so....but many people you have supported are and never did a thing.

Really?  It's a constant wonder how the people you have called out on here never seemed to have the same problems and they don't seem to blame others.  I was able to BUY houses during the market crash.  I am willing to bet that highmark and zam could have or would have been able to do the same.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Do you know how addiction works? Its a chemical change in your brain, for some it cant be controlled. I have had 3 surgeries in my life, I was administered heavy doses of opiods for each one. Thats how some people start, and sometimes thats all it takes. I didnt even choose to take them, they were just given to me via IV. 

Ever see someone try to get off of opiate addiction? It aint pretty and can even be fatal. I think if we are going to hold street dealers accountable we should hold pharmaceutical companies and doctors accountable also. But since they manipulated the govt to make themselves "unacountable" we dont hold them to the same standards even tho they use the same tactics as street dealers. 

I agree doctors should be held accountable but don't fool yourself not all addictions start with prescription drugs.   NOT ONE in the documentary I mentioned started with pain killers.  NOT ONE.   Meth heads don't generally start from prescription drugs.   

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yes lack of personal responsibility should be ignored,  it's all the bankers fault

You are a banker correct? Or at least have some role in the mortgage market? If you sell someone a mortgage that you personally feel they cant afford do you hold any responsibility if not at least to the mortgage holder or do you just sign them up and take your commission? Deliberately enabling people or even fooling people to their own doom should not reflect on our personal responsibility because if the consumer lets themselves be fooled its their own fault? Sounds kinda shitty dont you think? 

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Really?  It's a constant wonder how the people you have called out on here never seemed to have the same problems and they don't seem to blame others.  I was able to BUY houses during the market crash.  I am willing to bet that highmark and zam could have or would have been able to do the same.

You are a brain dead fucking moron......that is a fact. I never brought up anything to do with my business you fucking idiot....fuck are you dumb

Just now, racer254 said:

I actually seen the market troubles coming.   Basically cashed out everything I had in the markets besides my 401K and put it to my house (I was building in 2007-2008).  Instead of putting about 25% down I put over 50% down.   It saved me hundreds of thousands of dollars in the long run.   

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

You are a banker correct? Or at least have some role in the mortgage market? If you sell someone a mortgage that you personally feel they cant afford do you hold any responsibility if not at least to the mortgage holder or do you just sign them up and take your commission? Deliberately enabling people or even fooling people to their own doom should not reflect on our personal responsibility because if the consumer lets themselves be fooled its their own fault? Sounds kinda shitty dont you think? 

I would never do this.   And most responsible, ethical people wouldn't either.

Edited by racer254

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I agree doctors should be held accountable but don't fool yourself not all addictions start with prescription drugs.   NOT ONE in the documentary I mentioned started with pain killers.  NOT ONE.   Meth heads don't generally start from prescription drugs.   

I dont think for a minute that all addicts start on prescription drugs. I had a pretty good run in the drug game myself many years ago and have seen a lot of bad shit happen. 5 guys I used to run with have commited suicide over their addictions since high school. All I am saying is there is a different standard for pharmaceutical companies and doctors because they were able to make their products "legal" even tho they use the same tactics as street dealers. They are no different and everybody knows these drugs are dangerous as fuck. 

Jesus.   You think consumers were all completely honest on their mortgage applications?   You think they were honest on their monthly spending habits?  I'm not saying the banker or mortgage broker shouldn't be responsible but damn.   Me wanting to place blame on consumers gives them a higher level of respect than you do saying they are incapable of rational thought.  

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

I would never do this.   And most responsible, ethical people wouldn't either.

Oh but they did, and they did it big time. And they even deceitfully disguised their frauds and marketed them to the public market and collapsed the entire world economy. But apparently its the fools who bought the shit that are to blame. 

Under the premise presented here I can purposefully con and deceive people for my own gain and hold no personal responsibility because the dummies let themselves be fooled. thats what these guys (and you) are saying. Thats pretty classy brah... 

Just now, Highmark said:

Jesus.   You think consumers were all completely honest on their mortgage applications?   You think they were honest on their monthly spending habits?  I'm not saying the banker or mortgage broker shouldn't be responsible but damn.   Me wanting to place blame on consumers gives them a higher level of respect than you do saying they are incapable of rational thought.  

:lol: yah ....someone lying about how much their TV bill was so they could get their debt ratio down is the same as shady credit default swaps and illegally bundled sub prime loans 

Sweet fuck kill yourself....you are too dumb to live 

Oh but they did, and they did it big time. And they even deceitfully disguised their frauds and marketed them to the public market and collapsed the entire world economy. But apparently its the fools who bought the shit that are to blame. 

Under the premise presented here I can purposefully con and deceive people for my own gain and hold no personal responsibility because the dummies let themselves be fooled. thats what these guys (and you) are saying. Thats pretty classy brah... 

Had the sub prime loans been left to fail on their leaving the banks to take their losses it would have been a natural correction. Instead they played a massive shell game and ended up taking down the largest insurer of loans in the nation which started a chain reaction that could not be stopped. The banks leveraged themselves so far past what was responsible its almost like they did it knowing full well the taxpayer would bail them out if their bet went south 

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

i have never said my industry does not shoulder a lot of the blame but IMO the consumers do as well.  I am not allowed to discriminate and talk people out of making their decision as that can be construed as discrimination-  if they fit the box i basically have to lend and the box got way to wide open.  Now if i told someone that they needed to tell em they made 10k a month when i knew they only made 5k then that should be on me.  It's one of the reason i didn't write Stated income loans for non self employed borrowers was to avoid that as I knew several loan officers who had FBI visits after being involved in that in the late 80's early 90's.  

I think people are stupid, should we take advantage of them because we can? The lack of personal responsibility by all parties led to what it did and the REAL responsible people should step up and condemn it and not allow it to happen again because it doesnt just negatively the borrower. As we saw... 

7 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I dont think for a minute that all addicts start on prescription drugs. I had a pretty good run in the drug game myself many years ago and have seen a lot of bad shit happen. 5 guys I used to run with have commited suicide over their addictions since high school. All I am saying is there is a different standard for pharmaceutical companies and doctors because they were able to make their products "legal" even tho they use the same tactics as street dealers. They are no different and everybody knows these drugs are dangerous as fuck. 

I blame the doctors and patients more than the pharm's.   The pharm's are just filling a market.   They don't have actual knowledge of each patient.   

I'm saying this based off experience.  My amount of opioids my kids were prescribed for smaller medical/dental procedures made me sick.  Much, much less than they were prescribed when both had major surgeries at the U of I H&C's.  

If the pharm's are illegally pumping the stuff onto the street its a different story.  I've yet to read about that.  

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Had the sub prime loans been left to fail on their leaving the banks to take their losses it would have been a natural correction. Instead they played a massive shell game and ended up taking down the largest insurer of loans in the nation which started a chain reaction that could not be stopped. The banks leveraged themselves so far past what was responsible its almost like they did it knowing full well the taxpayer would bail them out if their bet went south 

Edited by racer254

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

:lol: yah ....someone lying about how much their TV bill was so they could get their debt ratio down is the same as shady credit default swaps and illegally bundled sub prime loans 

Sweet fuck kill yourself....you are too dumb to live 

Holy shit.   TV bill.  Like thats it.    :lol:   Ask yourself who is more likely to kill themselves....me or you?   We should put that to a poll.   I'd put you at the top of the list of every member who regulars the forum.  :lol:  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i have never said my industry does not shoulder a lot of the blame but IMO the consumers do as well.  I am not allowed to discriminate and talk people out of making their decision as that can be construed as discrimination-  if they fit the box i basically have to lend and the box got way to wide open.  Now if i told someone that they needed to tell em they made 10k a month when i knew they only made 5k then that should be on me.  It's one of the reason i didn't write Stated income loans for non self employed borrowers was to avoid that as I knew several loan officers who had FBI visits after being involved in that in the late 80's early 90's.  

Hey if that makes you feel better about yourself then thats what you gotta do. But dont think for a minute that shady and predatory lending practices werent used and embraced by many in your industry and it fucked everybody, not just the dummies that bought them. Responsibility, its everyones burden... :bc:

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I blame the doctors and patients more than the pharm's.   The pharm's are just filling a market.   They don't have actual knowledge of each patient.   

I'm saying this based off experience.  My amount of opioids my kids were prescribed for smaller medical/dental procedures made me sick.  Much, much less than they were prescribed when both had major surgeries.  

If the pharm's are illegally pumping the stuff onto the street its a different story.  I've yet to read about that.  

You havent heard of it because you live under a rock with your fingers in your ears screaming LALALALALALALA while dreaming of any coherent way possible to blame the downtrodden

fucking pathetic 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm saying this based off experience.  My amount of opioids my kids were prescribed for smaller medical/dental procedures made me sick.  Much, much less than they were prescribed when both had major surgeries.  

The pharm reps are PAYING doctors to prescribe these drugs knowing what they do. You think they have no accountability? for fucks sake man...

Just now, f7ben said:

You havent heard of it because you live under a rock with your fingers in your ears screaming LALALALALALALA while dreaming of any coherent way possible to blame the downtrodden

fucking pathetic 

Seriously I need to move to the wonderful utopia that this mother fucker lives in. Moving to iowa bro... :bc:

Holy shit.   TV bill.  Like thats it.    :lol:   Ask yourself who is more likely to kill themselves....me or you?   We should put that to a poll.   I'd put you at the top of the list of every member who regulars the forum.  :lol:  

Why are you so desperate to make this argument personal ....is it because you are ill equipped to address points based on the merit of the argument???? I'd say so ....I should know better than to have even a rudimentary debate with a fucking moron but I'm like a moth to a flame in here. A really fucking dumb flame

Just now, racer254 said:

Isn't that unethical and possibly illegal?

That is standard practice and if any of your fucks knew anything about the shit you talk about you would fucking know this.