Check your account email address ×

Why Did God Make Skunks?

• Platinum Contributing Member

I've been running Sadie all over The Start Park for a year...no leash, no issues but seeing as it's rifle season and the park is open to hunting I've been walking her in town. Tonight I had the bright idea of cutting through this summer only place called The Belvedere Club....a lot of old homes where the old money comes in the summer and there are a lot of open grounds so I let her off the leash and she is Fucking  around and running around like a maniac and sure as shit off in the distance I see her jumping around in circles and a ball of white fur...motherfucker I hate skunks.

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

God is not a reasonable belief, and also skunks suck!  :lol:

Tomato juice time?

:bc:

We had a bottle of skunk shampoo from a previous encounter a few years ago and we also busted out the dawn and even a can of coke which supposedly helps. :lol:

35 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

My first Black lab could have found a skunk on the Moon.  TOmato juice works to an extent but I swear I could still smell it on that dog weeks later.

I believe it...Sadie has a spot that we washed at least 5 times and it still stinks. Found some sort of vanilla smelling hand lotion in the cupboard that is helping a little.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I believe it...Sadie has a spot that we washed at least 5 times and it still stinks. Found some sort of vanilla smelling hand lotion in the cupboard that is helping a little.

We use this stuff for killing odors. It's an industrial grade solution they use for fire and flood damage to get rid of the smell. It works really good but I don't know if it's safe for use on pets or skin. 

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

First year I went deer hunting(12 years old), the only thing I killed that weekend was 3 skunks. It's pretty fun shooting them with a .243:lol:

Good work...all Skunks must hang (or be shot)! :lol:

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good work...all Skunks must hang (or be shot)! :lol:

As I recall I missed the first shot or two and then got a couple of them and had to reload to get the last one. All the while my Dad is laughing at this little kid killing these skunks with a big old smile on his face. :lol:

Previous owners of a Cabin close to me used to throw old diapers in their firepit, skunks for some reason love stinky diapers, at the time I had a Golden Retriever, at least once a week she would get sprayed when she chased the Skunks away from the firepit. 

16 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Skunks piss off republicans so that's why they are so great. They make them all butt hurt. 

Not sure how Sadie votes....she is Australian so not sure how it works there.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not sure how Sadie votes....she is Australian so not sure how it works there.

Anler spent last night at the Moto recruitment, bandana printing and smoothie station so he’s pretty triggered and confused this morning.  

:lol:

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We had a white boxer that had a skunk fascination. 4 times!  Her snout was permanently yellow.

Wife found concoction on internet. It had like dawn dishsoap, baking soda, something else. It worked better than anything we ever tried. Even the pet store stuff. I think tomato juice is an wives tale.

I’ve never once had a problem with them.  But my parent’s dobie gets hit all the time.  I think they use some type of tomato paste/vinager mix and let it sit. My old man says it works as well as anything they’ve bought at stores. Beats the fuck out of me. :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We had a white boxer that had a skunk fascination. 4 times!  Her snout was permanently yellow.

Wife found concoction on internet. It had like dawn dishsoap, baking soda, something else. It worked better than anything we ever tried. Even the pet store stuff. I think tomato juice is an wives tale.

Dawn, Baking Soda and Peroxide.:thumbsup:

Might have to try that today as that one spot still stinks a little.O.o