Check your account email address ×

He's rich, bitch!

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i do find it odd that many people who hate walmart for destroying local merchants love amazon and walmart gives more locals jobs than amazon every will

Bingo.   Personally, I think amazon sucks just as much as walmart, but walmart pays way more in taxes.

Edited by racer254

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i do find it odd that many people who hate walmart for destroying local merchants love amazon and walmart gives more locals jobs than amazon every will

x2.  Survival of the fittest in this day and age.  Moto would want all of their throats slashed.  The malls killed Main Street, now the Malls are getting killed by all these community center shops and places like Amazon.  Some of the Main streets in many towns are having a bit of a renaissance.  I won't lie, Amazon is way too convenient.  I can order OEM brake pads from my couch and they're on my front steps in 2 days, for cheaper than the dealer wanted.

3 hours ago, DAVE said:

Im gonna start bringing a lawn chair to Walmart...its very entertaining watching the people that go there...i often wonder where they come from. :lol:

Its weird, we have one close by that isn't bad at all, normal people.  The one in Manchester by the mall, all the shoppers look like carnies, gypsies and people you don't want near you.  I thought we were gonna get shanked last time we went, just on the nasty looks on some of these bastards faces :lol:  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

are you 12 do you really not know the sleazy  guys history ? no really don't you ?

I know the history real well and know the impact Microsoft had on the computer systems of the world. I've worked in IT for 40 years and know very well what it was like before Microsoft came along as well as after.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

x2.  Survival of the fittest in this day and age.  Moto would want all of their throats slashed.  The malls killed Main Street, now the Malls are getting killed by all these community center shops and places like Amazon.  Some of the Main streets in many towns are having a bit of a renaissance.  I won't lie, Amazon is way too convenient.  I can order OEM brake pads from my couch and they're on my front steps in 2 days, for cheaper than the dealer wanted.

Everything has is and will continue to evolve. Walmarts' history as a retailer was indeed cut throat when it came to killing smaller business. As they were growing they had a history of going into a small or medium sized town and setting up multiple stores so that they dominated the retail foot print in the town. Once they had driven all of the smaller guys out of business and all but decimated the downtown cores they would shut down a bunch of their stores in that town to reduce their overhead and operating expense. Now that getting to Walmart wasn't as convenient as it was and more crowded the customer didn't have the smaller stores to go back to.

Walmart was downright cheap when it came to their employees. Managers would have to share hotel rooms when traveling on business. Drive to another city to get a cheaper airfare and everyone had to sing the company song each morning.

Walmart almost drove Rubbermaid into bankruptcy when they told Rubbermaid where they would have their product manufactured. Walmart had pricing and everything already worked out. When Rubbermaid refused Walmart pulled all Rubbermaid product off the shelves and had it destroyed.

Good business ethics... now somebody wants to complain about Amazon.  

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Everything has is and will continue to evolve. Walmarts' history as a retailer was indeed cut throat when it came to killing smaller business. As they were growing they had a history of going into a small or medium sized town and setting up multiple stores so that they dominated the retail foot print in the town. Once they had driven all of the smaller guys out of business and all but decimated the downtown cores they would shut down a bunch of their stores in that town to reduce their overhead and operating expense. Now that getting to Walmart wasn't as convenient as it was and more crowded the customer didn't have the smaller stores to go back to.

Walmart was downright cheap when it came to their employees. Managers would have to share hotel rooms when traveling on business. Drive to another city to get a cheaper airfare and everyone had to sing the company song each morning.

Walmart almost drove Rubbermaid into bankruptcy when they told Rubbermaid where they would have their product manufactured. Walmart had pricing and everything already worked out. When Rubbermaid refused Walmart pulled all Rubbermaid product off the shelves and had it destroyed.

Good business ethics... now somebody wants to complain about Amazon.  

I should have added, I'm no fan of Walmarts business practices, especially how shitty they pay.  I know the Rubber maid story too :bc: 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I should have added, I'm no fan of Walmarts business practices, especially how shitty they pay.  I know the Rubber maid story too :bc: 

Wal mart pays management pretty well at the local level and they pay min wage type jobs pretty much where they should be.  I get people get mad that they don't hire enough full time workers but reality is why should they,  their business goes up and down depending on time of the day so that would leave them overstaffed or under staffed.  

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Wal mart pays management pretty well at the local level and they pay min wage type jobs pretty much where they should be.  I get people get mad that they don't hire enough full time workers but reality is why should they,  their business goes up and down depending on time of the day so that would leave them overstaffed or under staffed.  

They have evolved over time and were extremely cheap even with their management pay years ago. As for the part time.... agreed, Any retailer is faced with exactly that challenge and simply can't afford to pay people full time to spend a good chunk of their day doing nothing between the customer traffic spikes.

• Gold Member

All the carrier jobs amazon creates are great.  Pretty sure the delivery jobs, even on sundays are not minimum wage gigs like those cashier jobs at mom and pop stores that you pay twice as much for a product.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

All the carrier jobs amazon creates are great.  Pretty sure the delivery jobs, even on sundays are not minimum wage gigs like those cashier jobs at mom and pop stores that you pay twice as much for a product.

Hence the push for driverless trucks and drone delivery. 

But we need our meaningless stuff  ultra cheap bro. 

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

That's a good point that I hadn't thought about.  :thumbsup:

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, bussman said:

Hence the push for driverless trucks and drone delivery. 

But we need our meaningless stuff  ultra cheap bro. 

Can you imagine all the high paying jobs created to create, build, maintain, and advance driverless trucks?

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Can you imagine all the high paying jobs created to create, build, maintain, and advance driverless trucks?

"We put 1000 workers out of work, but we'll hire back a fraction of them to maintain our robotic slaves."

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

"We put 1000 workers out of work, but we'll hire back a fraction of them to maintain our robotic slaves."

Let be honest....  mom and pops pay like shit, offer little to no benefits and only benefit the owners.

9 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Wow, this has been reused so many times.  Look at history, is just isn't true.

Edited by racer254