Check your account email address ×

He's rich, bitch!

21 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Reality is it's not unusual for a town or city to offer incentives to a business to locate in their locale rather than somewhere else. It's a huge uplift to the local economy. So the city rather than cut property or business taxes for Amazon chooses to redirect funds equivalent to the income tax collected (likely state taxes) by the new Amazon employees which would be relative to the wealth brought to Chicago rather than a fixed number. I would put money on it that it is for a finite term as well.

If you don't see a problem with it, then you're beyond reason. 

10 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

But you ARE living under it. The merger of state and corporate power is nearly complete. 

Like I said you are looking through rose coloured glasses and seeing what you want to see... keep dreaming on in your fantasy world.  By the way does your face mask have a skull image on it like most of your buddies.

Just now, 02sled said:

Like I said you are looking through rose coloured glasses and seeing what you want to see... keep dreaming on in your fantasy world.  By the way does your face mask have a skull image on it like most of your buddies.

Mmkay.

11 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

If you don't see a problem with it, then you're beyond reason. 

Just think it through... Amazon can choose from a huge number of sites to locate to. Anyone with any common sense running the business will choose the location most beneficial to the business. The varying locations would see an enormous economic benefit from Amazon locating in their city. Massive increase in employment, redevelopment of property that is either run down, decrepit or empty, and the economic spin off of the massive increased spending in the area by Amazon and it's employees.

You do understand so far right.

So what does a city have to offer Amazon to entice them to pick their location over another. Oh that's right. Financial incentives. Tax breaks such as property taxes, development fees waived, income tax, all financial incentives.

Still following. Chicago wants Amazon to locate there. What do they do... rather than offer a definitive financial incentive such as waived property taxes and development fees, they get creative. They do something that makes a lot of sense. Their incentive is incrementally beneficial to both Amazon and the city. The more jobs Amazon brings to Chicago the more of a financial benefit Amazon will get. Likewise the more jobs they bring the greater the benefit to Chicago, their economy, the businesses and the people of the city.

Sorry if you can't understand that. If that is the case you don't have any real insight into economics and trickle down effects.

2 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Where can I buy some head phones from that wont piss off or offend any of you clowns?

Buy them anywhere that you believe is delivering the best value proposition for you. Wherever makes you happy.

5 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Where does an anti-capitalists buy things?

I think you are supposed to wait for government to decide what you need and give it to you. I'm surprised Moto hasn't given up his Jeep in favour of a 25 year old Hyundai Pony held together with duct tape supplied by his brothers in the cause.

Edited by 02sled

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

I am not a fan of massive debt however for us a good chunk of it is our PM pissing away $B's on 3rd world countries in the name of climate change. So you would rather live in an impoverished country living day to day wondering where your next meal is coming from but not have any national debt. Got it. Enjoy your one room hut... could get cold in the winter

I would rather live in a country with an honest economic system. Unfortunately that doesn't exist. 

9 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

whenever cornered post a meme

You are implying that one cannot criticize capitalism and participate in it as well.

You're probably a bit too dim to understand that, and probably think you've got me cornered, but you've merely trapped yourself in a circular argument and are now engaged in protective cognitive reasoning.

Just now, motonoggin said:

You are implying that one cannot criticize capitalism and participate in it as well.

You're probably a bit too dim to understand that, and probably think you've got me cornered, but you've merely trapped yourself in a circular argument and are now engaged in protective cognitive reasoning.

yeah Im dumb, you spend a lot of time telling people that BTW

Where do you do all your shopping?

Just now, MiSledder said:

yeah Im dumb, you spend a lot of time telling people that BTW

Where do you do all your shopping?

See, you're not getting it. 

There's a reason why I say you ain't too quick on the uptake. 

You're either willfully ignorant or not terribly bright. 

Just now, MiSledder said:

never said you cant buy things did I? I asked where one can shop so not to support all these big companies you despise, then you posted a meme

Virtually nowhere. I buy local products as much as possible, but that's not going to change much. And it's also not the point.