Check your account email address ×

1969 | Vietnam War Draft Lottery

Enter the month and day you were born, my number would have been 80 and was called in 1970.

Would your draft number have been called?

On Dec. 1, 1969, the United States held its first draft lottery, which gave young men a random number corresponding to their birthdays. Men with lower numbers were called first and told to report to induction centers where they could be ordered into active duty and possibly sent to the Vietnam War.

If you had been born in 1950, what would your draft number have been? Enter your birthday below to find out.

https://www.usatoday.com/vietnam-war/draft-picker

144, called in 1970. I was too young, but I saw a few of my friends big brothers go and not come back. Found both of their names on the wall last time I was in DC.

6 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Mine said 243 and would not have been called.  It said one day earlier and I would have been.  That’s cutting it close.

Damn!  “...cutting it close”. :lmao:

You got a mild anxiety attack from a hypothetical exercise if today were almost 50 years ago! :lol:

Go sit down and relax when you are done “screaming at the sky”.

:)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I was number 61 for the draft in 1974. The draft ended before that date.

Yeah...that's too bad.  You could have been used as a decoy for something for sure.  Then, your life (death) would be celebrated on Memorial Day!  Unlike now....just daily loathing from those around you.  :lmao:

Dipshit.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Number 13 called in 1970

If my birthday was two days earlier I would not have been called

Number 36 was called in 1970.

If my birthday was two days earlier I would not have been called.

My oldest son would have been draft number 1.   My youngest would not have been called.   2 out of 3.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Damn!  “...cutting it close”. :lmao:

You got a mild anxiety attack from a hypothetical exercise if today were almost 50 years ago! :lol:

Go sit down and relax when you are done “screaming at the sky”.

:)

Hey man, it’s not easy being a liberal these days.  😿.   For a minute there, I was afraid you’d send me to the gutter during the Great Hippie Massacre of 1970.  :lol:

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...that's too bad.  You could have been used as a decoy for something for sure.  Then, your life (death) would be celebrated on Memorial Day!  Unlike now....just daily loathing from those around you.  :lmao:

Dipshit.  

I took you off ignore yesterday and after reading the above post by you I question my decision.

in a sensible thread  by Vince I answered the question. Then you jump in toss insults at me and wish me dead?

how does this pertain to the thread topic?

your a fuckin asshole pure and simple

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

I took you off ignore yesterday and after reading the above post by you I question my decision.

in a sensible thread  by Vince I answered the question. Then you jump in toss insults at me and wish me dead?

how does this pertain to the thread topic?

your a fuckin asshole pure and simple

:lol:You are such a fucking hypocrite...not to mention a top notch imbecile.  

I don't "wish you dead".  I want you dead.  See, it's my job to put worthless, whining fuck-heads like you back under your god damn rock that you so bravely were able to come out from under during your idiot king's reign. You represent the weakest of sheep.  Ones left alone by the rest of the flock to make sure your weak and ignorant genes don't get passed down the evolutionary chain.  

Now, put me back on "ignore" so as to save your pathetic feelings from my posts.  So weak.  So stupid.  So worthless.  

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:You are such a fucking hypocrite...not to mention a top notch imbecile.  

I don't "wish you dead".  I want you dead.  See, it's my job to put worthless, whining fuck-heads like you back under your god damn rock that you so bravely were able to come out from under during your idiot king's reign. You represent the weakest of sheep.  Ones left alone by the rest of the flock to make sure your weak and ignorant genes don't get passed down the evolutionary chain.  

Now, put me back on "ignore" so as to save your pathetic feelings from my posts.  So weak.  So stupid.  So worthless.  

Just what positives do you feel you add to FS?