Check your account email address ×

This quit smoking thing is working big time!!

Jet

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

you guys just shot gun ?  do you bow also? what part of the state are you hunting

I know my cozens filled all tags out in Becker already bow and shot gun

and I know my neighbors at the cabin filled all tags first morning in cass county . no shock there they have been unbelievably thick the last few yrs .

my brother bit one down here this morning....they started moving big time in the last week. I have had several close calls. I wish they could spray something to kill every one of these fuckers

Here in the northeast, hunters can go YEARS without even seeing one in the woods, let alone getting one. 

The non-resdent success rate in Maine is about  15%.  People have stopped going up there it got so bad. 

Just now, f7ben said:

my brother bit one down here this morning....they started moving big time in the last week. I have had several close calls. I wish they could spray something to kill every one of these fuckers

worst part is not only do they cost you a hood fender and lights . but with out fail they shit all over the windshield . even if you can drive away the fist stop has to be a gas station to smear that shit around with a squidgy with a fucked up sponge.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

Here in the northeast, hunters can go YEARS without even seeing one in the woods, let alone getting one. 

The non-resdent success rate in Maine is about  15%.  People have stopped going up there it got so bad. 

they got sick of all the Rape and the heard moved west

1 hour ago, Jet said:

Well it's been 7 months and I was a little scared to go deer hunting, after all I've always smoked on the stand and then to add to the misery I hunt public land and had a stranger build a stand 80 yards in front of mine this season. Stress was high. I used positive thinking to crawl up into my stand this season, the same one I've been getting in for 15 years. I reasoned that I've always got a deer opening weekend out of it before and I've had to deal with other hunters before. So I climbed in it opening morning and sure enough my new neighbor was there too. I just sat still and suddenly realized that I wasn't coughing!! No cough? Oh that's right I quit smoking!! So I sat still and there was 2 inches of fresh snow and I was just thinking how mad I was as I stared at the hunter in his fancy stand in front of me when at 805 a 1/2 hour into the season I heard a noise directly behind me, now keep in mind I'd been listening to others in my vicinity shoot all morning and it left me wondering if I would get my turn. After all this was my 30th season. So I looked over my shoulder and there he was! He spotted me and we stared at each other and then he put his head back down to eat some more acorns, then I swung my 760 game master over to take aim and he looked back up at me and bang!! Right in the head at 20 feet!! Then I sat for another 3 hours and got off my stand to go look at him and my new neighbor came over to look at my kill too. Nothing was said. What a morning!!

i told the party I would sleep in Sunday but to call me when they were ready to do drives, 1030am phone rings, I drive out and we set up first deer drive, they decided to put me in the woods on one end and they would push the deer if any out to me.. so I set up in the heavy brush and wait.. what happens next forever gives me eternal bragging rights!! A large doe, a buck and a fawn come wide open in line at me at 30 yards out in the brush and I drop all three with perfect shoulder shots!  Unreal

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG

IMG_1886.JPG

Nice job filling the freezer Jet.

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Have Jet come down for a few days :thumb:

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

there are a fucking billion of them . fucking blast away . I have to lock em up at least 3 times a yr when the fuckers run out on to the road . I know almost no one who has not wrecked a car hitting one of those fuckers

Better than moose. We got those big horse like fuckers. They kill people aND wreck vehicles.

The deer population around here is YUGE. They are everywhere. I see a road kill almost everyday just driving to work and back. In fact there is always road kill around here. The other day there was a giant beaver dead on the road by my house. I'm really surprised someone couldn't have avoided that. It's not like those things just jump out in front of you. 

49 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

The deer population around here is YUGE. They are everywhere. I see a road kill almost everyday just driving to work and back. In fact there is always road kill around here. The other day there was a giant beaver dead on the road by my house. I'm really surprised someone couldn't have avoided that. It's not like those things just jump out in front of you. 

My BIL lived in Chesterton for a while. He went to bow hunting because there is so many deer he said it was too easy with a gun down there. :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Edmo said:

My BIL lived in Chesterton for a while. He went to bow hunting because there is so many deer he said it was too easy with a gun down there. :lol: 

Illinois is worse. All of those forest preserves are loaded with deer and they have zero predators. Except for cars. 

My house is about 3 minutes from a Cook county forest preserve that is right on the border. There is a field along the road and at twilight you can see 20+ deer there grazing. When I lived in Brookfield my house backed up to the salt Creek fp. I used to ride my bike on the trails and along the creek. I fucking ran into a giant buck on my bike. The fucker just stood there and looked at me. They are so used to humans I bet there are people who feed them by hand.

Edited by Arctic Cat Destroyer

It would be fun to stack deer up like cordwood in a high population area. I just can't give enough fucks to deer hunt here anymore, too much effort to sit and freeze your ass off in the woods in a low population area with no doe tag, I'm a freezer filler not a trophy hunter. I'd rather be working on snowmobile trails instead so I usually scout areas Saturday for our trail work on sunday. :bc:

3 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

It would be fun to stack deer up like cordwood in a high population area. I just can't give enough fucks to deer hunt here anymore, too much effort to sit and freeze your ass off in the woods in a low population area with no doe tag, I'm a freezer filler not a trophy hunter. I'd rather be working on snowmobile trails instead so I usually scout areas Saturday for our trail work on sunday. :bc:

Hey how many miles you got on your etec? :news:

:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

The best part about deer hunting is deer camp...getting a deer is secondary IMO.

15 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

I also quit Deer hunting a few years ago, having a nice mostly enclosed blind on my property I let others use it, guy got a nice buck out of it while Bow hunting 4 days ago.

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The best part about deer hunting is deer camp...getting a deer is secondary IMO.

Absolutely , I am missing another deer season at home. This is the toughest time of year for me being marooned down here in Indianastan. My dad and all my buds are partying 3 straight weekends at the shack and I aint there. Its been 15 years since we built this place. We were just kids

20150502_085038.jpg

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Jet said:

Well it's been 7 months and I was a little scared to go deer hunting, after all I've always smoked on the stand and then to add to the misery I hunt public land and had a stranger build a stand 80 yards in front of mine this season. Stress was high. I used positive thinking to crawl up into my stand this season, the same one I've been getting in for 15 years. I reasoned that I've always got a deer opening weekend out of it before and I've had to deal with other hunters before. So I climbed in it opening morning and sure enough my new neighbor was there too. I just sat still and suddenly realized that I wasn't coughing!! No cough? Oh that's right I quit smoking!! So I sat still and there was 2 inches of fresh snow and I was just thinking how mad I was as I stared at the hunter in his fancy stand in front of me when at 805 a 1/2 hour into the season I heard a noise directly behind me, now keep in mind I'd been listening to others in my vicinity shoot all morning and it left me wondering if I would get my turn. After all this was my 30th season. So I looked over my shoulder and there he was! He spotted me and we stared at each other and then he put his head back down to eat some more acorns, then I swung my 760 game master over to take aim and he looked back up at me and bang!! Right in the head at 20 feet!! Then I sat for another 3 hours and got off my stand to go look at him and my new neighbor came over to look at my kill too. Nothing was said. What a morning!!

i told the party I would sleep in Sunday but to call me when they were ready to do drives, 1030am phone rings, I drive out and we set up first deer drive, they decided to put me in the woods on one end and they would push the deer if any out to me.. so I set up in the heavy brush and wait.. what happens next forever gives me eternal bragging rights!! A large doe, a buck and a fawn come wide open in line at me at 30 yards out in the brush and I drop all three with perfect shoulder shots!  Unreal

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG

IMG_1886.JPG

So you shoot a deer while on stand then tell the party (the people who drive the deer to you) you want to only be a part of the group when they are ready to drive more deer to you?

We have a name for people like that in my group.   No longer welcome.  

Keep in mind our tags are limited so one person shooting 4 deer means 3 other people in the party have to tag those deer with their tags.  

Edited by Highmark

15 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I try to nail big brown beaver every chance I get.

11 hours ago, Highmark said:

So you shoot a deer while on stand then tell the party (the people who drive the deer to you) you want to only be a part of the group when they are ready to drive more deer to you?

We have a name for people like that in my group.   No longer welcome.  

Keep in mind our tags are limited so one person shooting 4 deer means 3 other people in the party have to tag those deer with their tags.  

He shot a deer sitting in his stand Saturday. Perfectly reasonable to not want to sit in the stand at zero dark thirty on Sunday morning. 

Typically people wait until later in the morning to start walking.  It takes more people, some to walk, some to post up.

Nice shooting Jet!