Check your account email address ×

This quit smoking thing is working big time!!

Jet

Well it's been 7 months and I was a little scared to go deer hunting, after all I've always smoked on the stand and then to add to the misery I hunt public land and had a stranger build a stand 80 yards in front of mine this season. Stress was high. I used positive thinking to crawl up into my stand this season, the same one I've been getting in for 15 years. I reasoned that I've always got a deer opening weekend out of it before and I've had to deal with other hunters before. So I climbed in it opening morning and sure enough my new neighbor was there too. I just sat still and suddenly realized that I wasn't coughing!! No cough? Oh that's right I quit smoking!! So I sat still and there was 2 inches of fresh snow and I was just thinking how mad I was as I stared at the hunter in his fancy stand in front of me when at 805 a 1/2 hour into the season I heard a noise directly behind me, now keep in mind I'd been listening to others in my vicinity shoot all morning and it left me wondering if I would get my turn. After all this was my 30th season. So I looked over my shoulder and there he was! He spotted me and we stared at each other and then he put his head back down to eat some more acorns, then I swung my 760 game master over to take aim and he looked back up at me and bang!! Right in the head at 20 feet!! Then I sat for another 3 hours and got off my stand to go look at him and my new neighbor came over to look at my kill too. Nothing was said. What a morning!!

i told the party I would sleep in Sunday but to call me when they were ready to do drives, 1030am phone rings, I drive out and we set up first deer drive, they decided to put me in the woods on one end and they would push the deer if any out to me.. so I set up in the heavy brush and wait.. what happens next forever gives me eternal bragging rights!! A large doe, a buck and a fawn come wide open in line at me at 30 yards out in the brush and I drop all three with perfect shoulder shots!  Unreal

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG

IMG_1886.JPG

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

Its truly my argument for gun control. :lol:

you ever get quoted and then read what you just typed 5 minutes earlier and bust out laughing cause it was so funny but you know most people wont get it 

that just happened :lol: 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

you ever get quoted and then read what you just typed 5 minutes earlier and bust out laughing cause it was so funny but you know most people wont get it 

that just happened :lol: 

:lol:

1 minute ago, Jet said:

I had to get them checked for cwd and the college girls had a hell of a time finding the lymph nodes on the head shot!!

They were probably just too mesmerized with your sniping abilities. :lmao:

Do you know “kneeshot”?  He’s good too.

@Snoslinger

Holy shit, that's a lot of deer!! How many can ya' get in Minnesota!!!! :bc::bc:

Big, old deer stink. The younger ones taste better.  

Jetster, the " MUSKY KING OF MINNESOTA "       :bc::bc:

2 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

Holy shit, that's a lot of deer!! How many can ya' get in Minnesota!!!! :bc::bc:

Killing and grilling!!

I got two last year, and they were not too great tasting. 

A big old doe, was OK, not good.

A trophy buck sat overnight and died after I shot him in the hind quarter. Smelled when I found him by accident. Doesn't taste good at all. 

21 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

there are a fucking billion of them . fucking blast away . I have to lock em up at least 3 times a yr when the fuckers run out on to the road . I know almost no one who has not wrecked a car hitting one of those fuckers

16 minutes ago, Jet said:

Right now we are at 6 and we can hunt till next Sunday 

you guys just shot gun ?  do you bow also? what part of the state are you hunting

I know my cozens filled all tags out in Becker already bow and shot gun

and I know my neighbors at the cabin filled all tags first morning in cass county . no shock there they have been unbelievably thick the last few yrs .