Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Found this beauty trailer puller sitting in the back of my local Ford dealer.

IMG_2046.JPG

***cough*** $93k           

Simply nuts, but I can understand why my Father still gets offers over $15,000 for his 96 F250 with the 7.3. 

009_9_02.jpg

I did a head shake when I saw $93K so I was curious what you get for that. I went to the Ford web site and did a custom build. Top of the line and loaded it wasn't hard to hit the $92K price then add the misc. things on the window price such as AC taxes tire taxes freight and it was quickly over the $93K.

Glad I'm not looking at a price tag like that for me.

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Found this beauty trailer puller sitting in the back of my local Ford dealer.

IMG_2046.JPG

***cough*** $93k           

Beauty truck.  The FIL just picked up a 17 F250 with the 6.2 in it.  He had a 15 with the 6.7 but the 6.7 went for a shit.  Just shut down on him and after two weeks at the dealer they put him in a new one.  They couldn't figure it out and couldn't get the engine to fire

22 minutes ago, Taillight said:

often wonder if the used car manager and the service manage sit down and hash out some kind of deal. i bet 2 days after the new truck is picked up the used one is fixed and on a flat bed for a buffalo car lot

I was told long ago that if you are getting a too good to be true price on the truck you are buying then you're getting too low a value on the trade and a too good to be true price on a trade then you're paying too much for what you're buying.

The sales manager looks at their cost and the book value of the trade and works it from there to make sure they get their net profit on the deal.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Taillight said:

often wonder if the used car manager and the service manage sit down and hash out some kind of deal. i bet 2 days after the new truck is picked up the used one is fixed and on a flat bed for a buffalo car lot

I doubt they "fix" anything. I hear there is less going to the states now though. Some of the states changed their laws regarding imported vehicles.

7 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Beauty truck.  The FIL just picked up a 17 F250 with the 6.2 in it.  He had a 15 with the 6.7 but the 6.7 went for a shit.  Just shut down on him and after two weeks at the dealer they put him in a new one.  They couldn't figure it out and couldn't get the engine to fire

I now have 2 F250s with 6.2's in my fleet. They suck back fuel but I can trust them better than any of the new diesels.

9 hours ago, irv said:

Simply nuts, but I can understand why my Father still gets offers over $15,000 for his 96 F250 with the 7.3. 

I had a '96 F350 with a 7.3. Drove it to 500k kms when the body fell apart. My buddy bought it, took the motor and dropped it in a '79 chassis. Still going up and down the road now.

Not as clean, powerful and quiet as the new hi-tech diesels but better on fuel (stock), more reliable and cheaper to fix.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I doubt they "fix" anything. I hear there is less going to the states now though. Some of the states changed their laws regarding imported vehicles.

I now have 2 F250s with 6.2's in my fleet. They suck back fuel but I can trust them better than any of the new diesels.

I had a '96 F350 with a 7.3. Drove it to 500k kms when the body fell apart. My buddy bought it, took the motor and dropped it in a '79 chassis. Still going up and down the road now.

Not as clean, powerful and quiet as the new hi-tech diesels but better on fuel (stock), more reliable and cheaper to fix.

That 7.3 was just broken in @ 500k. 

• Like 1

My new Summit edition Grand was 70K...... Crazy, but I remember years ago when I drove my dad over to the dealership to pick up his new 1976 Buick, he paid 6750.00 for that car....loaded too..air, am/fm and cruise....lol...  Said to me, if your grandfather knew what Im about to paid for this car he would roll over in his grave....

.......I paid more in tax for my new Summit then the total price for that old Buick....sad really.....even funnier, new neighbor, who moved in last month, told me he has an 800,000 dollar mortgage. WTF.....but who cares anymore....go figure.

26 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I know a guy who just got a Ford Raptor.  Was almost $90k.  I don't see it...... Nice shocks though.  Lol

Yep.....same stupid in sledding, I know a guy who just got a new Doo.  It was over 17k......I don't see it......Not even good shocks....LOL

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bladefever said:

That 7.3 was just broken in @ 500k. 

True. Unfortunately, the cab and box were rotten and I wasn't about to get into replacing them with those kind of clicks on the drive train.

As much as the 7.3's are raved for their reliability, I find my 6.0 goes in the shop less often. My 7.3 was plagued with small problems and many were recurring. Its was constantly leaking oil from somewhere.

9 hours ago, bladefever said:

Leaking oil down the rear of passengers side bell housing? 

That and other places. That oil line seal I must of had replaced 6 times in the 9 years I drove the truck.  Seemed like I couldn't go 3 months with out dripping.

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

My Dad's likely has under 150K on it? He purchased it to pull his 5th wheeler (background) but had other 3/4 ton Fords for other, smaller trailers. Undercoated every year the first few and only periodically since then and it is still in mint shape.

I don't recall any major issues with it but I would assume he has a couple? 

Image005_6 (Medium).jpg

1 hour ago, irv said:

My Dad's likely has under 150K on it? He purchased it to pull his 5th wheeler (background) but had other 3/4 ton Fords for other, smaller trailers. Undercoated every year the first few and only periodically since then and it is still in mint shape.

I don't recall any major issues with it but I would assume he has a couple? 

Mine was a work truck/plow truck. No major issues other than 2 transmissions. Never replaced an injector, turbo, fuel pump or had the motor opened. Just constant small problems. It was a good truck just couldn't park it in the driveway....lol

My 6.0 has had 3 injectors, turbo tubes, FICM, y pipe, crank sensor, EGR, oil pressure regulator, high pressure oil pump all replaced. But it never uses a drop of oil. I'm at 280k. I have an EGR delete and run a programmer.

I just tore the box off for an aluminum flatdeck and its in the body shop now for cab corners and a door then I hope to drive it 5 more years. The way my life goes it will probably puke the motor by June.......lol

Don't get all horny over that Honda boys. Its sold....lol

IMG_1993.JPG

Edited by Blackstar

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Mine was a work truck/plow truck. No major issues other than 2 transmissions. Never replaced an injector, turbo, fuel pump or had the motor opened. Just constant small problems. It was a good truck just couldn't park it in the driveway....lol

My 6.0 has had 3 injectors, turbo tubes, FICM, y pipe, crank sensor, EGR, oil pressure regulator, high pressure oil pump all replaced. But it never uses a drop of oil. I'm at 280k. I have an EGR delete and run a programmer.

I just tore the box off for an aluminum flatdeck and its in the body shop now for cab corners and a door then I hope to drive it 5 more years. The way my life goes it will probably puke the motor by June.......lol

IMG_1993.JPG

Nice aluminum deck. Is that for your pool business or some other purpose? 

4 minutes ago, irv said:

Nice aluminum deck. Is that for your pool business or some other purpose? 

For my pool business and plowing. No matter how careful you try to be, the box sides get beat to shit.

All 4 of my trucks are now flatdecks. 2 steel and 2 in aluminum.

I just got this truck on the road for my son. 9' deck replaced an 8' box. The rest are all 7 feet replacing the 6.75 boxes.

He does most of the hauling.

IMG_1924.JPG

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

For my pool business and plowing. No matter how careful you try to be, the box sides get beat to shit.

All 4 of my trucks are now flatdecks. 2 steel and 2 in aluminum.

I just got this truck on the road for my son. 9' deck replaced an 8' box. The rest are all 7 feet replacing the 6.75 boxes.

He does most of the hauling.

IMG_1924.JPG

Those look nice. Do you make them yourself, Tim, or farm them out? 

I assume that pic was taken a while ago? Snowing pretty good here right now, and likely a cm or 2 on the ground currently. Suppose to be +20 Monday. :wtf:

13 hours ago, Poncho said:

My new Summit edition Grand was 70K...... Crazy, but I remember years ago when I drove my dad over to the dealership to pick up his new 1976 Buick, he paid 6750.00 for that car....loaded too..air, am/fm and cruise....lol...  Said to me, if your grandfather knew what Im about to paid for this car he would roll over in his grave....

.......I paid more in tax for my new Summit then the total price for that old Buick....sad really.....even funnier, new neighbor, who moved in last month, told me he has an 800,000 dollar mortgage. WTF.....but who cares anymore....go figure.

I am sure there are lots in that boat.:dunno:  Although, with borrowing rates this cheap, it can be carried.  I don't see rates moving higher any time soon.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

WTF, were you thinking.  

It belonged to gf's daughter. She moved to Alberta and left for me to sell. Got $1300 as is. could have got more if I got it safeties but it had a hole in the gas tank and I wasn't tackling that.

2 hours ago, irv said:

Those look nice. Do you make them yourself, Tim, or farm them out? 

I assume that pic was taken a while ago? Snowing pretty good here right now, and likely a cm or 2 on the ground currently. Suppose to be +20 Monday. :wtf:

The steel ones I built myself.Easy stuff with an arc.

The aluminum ones I had built. Wish I had the means to weld aluminum cause I would have done a better job. Took both back twice for repairs and still never got what I wanted. Ended up making the rest of the repairs myself.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It belonged to gf's daughter. She moved to Alberta and left for me to sell. Got $1300 as is. could have got more if I got it safeties but it had a hole in the gas tank and I wasn't tackling that.

Just teasing, I figured as much.

Only a chick or an Asian could drive one.

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

IMG_1993.JPG

Wow the thing sounds like a Skidoo.  Was it yellow?

• Like 1