Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

Nope, I had one.  Didn't change that much from riding hard, to following a group.  Some difference, but pretty efficient throughout the range. 

35 minutes ago, Dave said:

174 miles on etec 600 you would have to be putzing along pretty slow.

And so, the backpedalling begins..... Lol

43 minutes ago, Garth said:

Not doubting your 174 mile claim on your 600 George, but was that riding at asshat velocities?

No Kool Aid required, BRP make an excellent snowmobile. But when claims by one who never gives up run 238 wild, well, it's fun to play.

11 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Nope, I had one.  Didn't change that much from riding hard, to following a group.  Some difference, but pretty efficient throughout the range. 

Yes but wasn't it in limp mode? :)

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, irv said:

Just saying. :snack:

Yamaha’s RS Vector was our gas mileage champ last season, posting an impressive season-long average of 18.8 mpg. That figure may go a long way toward explaining why it sells so well among long-distance riders. 

http://www.amsnow.com/news/snowmobile-reviews/2012/08/2012-yamaha-rs-vector-long-term-tests

Di's Vector is good on fuel. Not getting 19 mpg, it's more like 15-17. But that sled stopped being the choice of long distance riders when they shrank the tank to 9 gallons.

My old 1200 was harder on fuel but I could out distance Di because of tank size.

She can out distance my Turbo but I'm using the throttle way more now than I used to.

37 minutes ago, irv said:

Just saying. :snack:

Yamaha’s RS Vector was our gas mileage champ last season, posting an impressive season-long average of 18.8 mpg. That figure may go a long way toward explaining why it sells so well among long-distance riders. 

http://www.amsnow.com/news/snowmobile-reviews/2012/08/2012-yamaha-rs-vector-long-term-tests

A sled mag that gets sponsorship $ isnt very credible.

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Di's Vector is good on fuel. Not getting 19 mpg, it's more like 15-17. But that sled stopped being the choice of long distance riders when they shrank the tank to 9 gallons.

My old 1200 was harder on fuel but I could out distance Di because of tank size.

She can out distance my Turbo but I'm using the throttle way more now than I used to.

My 1200 gets 13 mpg tops.

39 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

:lol: i had 3....if you rode them hard they were alot harder on fuel...just like the 800....only difference was the 800 was hard on fuel.

It was harder on fuel.  Who said otherwise?  I just said it wasn't drastically different. Either that or I never rode the poor bugger lightly...... :)

8 minutes ago, Dave said:

:lol: i had 3....if you rode them hard they were alot harder on fuel...just like the 800....only difference was the 800 was hard on fuel.

13 minutes ago, Dave said:

Yes mine was a 2010 1200 and I concur 12  - 13 mpg is correct, it would comfortably go 100 miles with some reserve fuel.  My friends 2016 1200 Blizzard was identical fuel burn to my brothers AXYS 800. 

They had no ads? Even in the automotive world, C&D, Motor Trend, were always accused of it.  Kind of a tough spot, when the ads pay the bills.  I think they just endeavour to make it less obvious now LOL ..... otherwise they lose all cred. 

Just now, Dave said:

Snowtech use to be yrs ago.

9 minutes ago, Dave said:

Mine was never that low (unless I was running powder) but I spend the majority of my miles riding groomed trails with the wife. Its a short blast here and there then cruise.

The ZR7000 I rode after the 1200 was down around the 13-14 range. Not as good as the 1200 and a smaller tank.

Was that a stock, or modded 1200? 

My current (stock) 1200 burns less than a 2017 XCR800.   

Just now, Poncho said:

Yes mine was a 2010 1200 and I concur 12  - 13 mpg is correct, it would comfortably go 100 miles with some reserve fuel.  My friends 2016 1200 Blizzard was identical fuel burn to my brothers AXYS 800. 

Anyway, my friend has a place in Fort Coulonge just north of Pembroke. We plan to trailer to Pembroke on Thursday, anyone around Pembroke with a real trail report.  Frosty are you in the area this weekend, I'm looking for a newer more fashionable dipstick.....:) 

5 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Was that a stock, or modded 1200? 

My current (stock) 1200 burns less than a 2017 XCR800.   

That's not possible because mine burns the same as an ETEC800 which you said burns less than your 1200.  Did you dip the fuel tank?

4 minutes ago, Poncho said:

My comfortable range was always 120 miles. I did go 135 once because I thought the truck was closer than it was and I didn't want to backtrack for fuel. Di made it too. She was in my head set constantly saying "I'm running out, I'm running out" because it kept flashing on her screen. And I'm saying "we have lots of fuel, relax".....lol

She was virtually empty. I still had 4-5 liters.

With my Turbo, I'm now down to a 100 mile range with comfort.

Yes, the posted trail speed limit is 50kph.  And OFSC trails are not our personal racetrack.........

1 minute ago, Dave said:

I havent ridden in Ontario since 13....does everyone ride like grannys now? 

Edited by Puzzleboy