Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

5 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Should be lots of local riding this year. Hope to meet up. I think I got your number somewhere still. :bc:

yes sir :bc:

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Wahwashkesh spring runoff would rise about 1.5 meters then drop suddenly.  

Wow, that is a big jump, but that is from natural causes.

Around Kawagama, the lake level is controlled by logs.....but of course they get the run off that raises it as well in spring. 

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

yes sir :bc:

Wow, that is a big jump, but that is from natural causes.

Around Kawagama, the lake level is controlled by logs.....but of course they get the run off that raises it as well in spring. 

That is a pretty big lake.  Ours Otter is controlled and the levels really do not change much, not even in the spring.

Packing continues however what has been done is already torn back to dirt. 20cm of snow packs to about 1-2" of base. If not left to set up sleds rip it back to dirt which is now the case in several places. So please thank those people for not having trail open by this weekend as we have to start all over again when we get fresh snow.

23 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Packing continues however what has been done is already torn back to dirt. 20cm of snow packs to about 1-2" of base. If not left to set up sleds rip it back to dirt which is now the case in several places. So please thank those people for not having trail open by this weekend as we have to start all over again when we get fresh snow.

LOL....damn red necks!

What a bunch of asshats.

40 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Not really.  Most systems have water crossings.  And after the winter and summer we had, most lakes are still too warm.  Snow is the last thing we need right now, until it gets colder. 

Don't worry, there will be plenty of crazy folks out there packing those trails, mud bogs, swamps, etc....so the cold can get to the stuff down below to firm em up!

Can't ride on the "cold weather" or the "dirt" (for most of us at least).....

Either have a slow start that lets the frost set in before the snow arrives so the base will last longer & possibly prolong the season.....or have an early start with snow and little frost that might end the season faster due to the lack of base, or it just might keep snowing right into April.

I took this pic about half hour ago out the front door. It's snowing harder now. Probably get 40cm over the next two days. In east end Barrie. Glad I'm at home today but not looking forward to driving the 400 to work tomorrow.

20161215_101051.jpg

Edited by 2strokemerc

15 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Not really.  Most systems have water crossings.  And after the winter and summer we had, most lakes are still too warm.  Snow is the last thing we need right now, until it gets colder. 

Blah blah blah..Same old shit people say every year.  Last I checked you can't ride sleds on frost.  If it froze up in November, cool, but now its time for snow.