Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Garth said:

Not sure but 80cc 2 stroke in the 80's would be a bit more than 9 I'd think. Scoot prob lighter than this new ZR 200 too.

Snoscoot was 220 lbs, Snosport was 243 lbs. Add 12lbs for electric start.

Brochure with full specs, no HP rating   >> http://davidsleds2.mysite.com/PAGE_21570.html

Edited by Blackstar

29 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Snoscoot was 220 lbs, Snosport was 243 lbs. Add 12lbs for electric start.

Brochure with full specs, no HP rating   >> http://davidsleds2.mysite.com/PAGE_21570.html

The original Sno Scoot's were never marketed as a kids sled. These were for adults to ride. It just never gained interest and was put to rest a few years later.

Edited by bladefever

1 hour ago, Garth said:

Does Citation have the sweet square shaft clutch?  They sucker knocks a few hp out fer sure.

The square shafts only function was to engage the drive belt...... After that depending on snow conditions forward speed would be a crap shoot

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, bladefever said:

The original Sno Scoot's were never marketed as a kids sled. These were for adults to ride. It just never gained interest and was put to rest a few years later.

If you go to the brochure I linked, it shows adults riding them. They were to be a fun time sled, similar to the sleds like the Elan and Bravo.

But now everyone wants one for their kids. Awesome little machines.

The youth market is a tough go these days as its owned by the old 250's and 340's that are still kicking around.

The slide mentions "unintimidating", which applies to all of Cat's lineup. 

Good on Textron for hitting the Red Rocket market segment again.  Sucks they gave it 02's snowblower engine though.  Why not 30hp or something, with graduated electronic limitation?

No turbo yet either, Tim.

Cute video, except for the adults riding 18" behind him.  Their trail positioning is questionable also, for a manufacturer's vid!

https://ca.www.arcticcat.com/snow/sleds/model/2018-en-ca-zr-200/

ZR200.jpg

Edited by Puzzleboy

7 hours ago, Reevester said:

Booked hotels for next weekend. Kirkland lake to Cochrane via Timmins Friday. Canyon loop or Hurst and back Saturday. Back to Kirkland Lake A south and home Sunday.  Can't wait!

Good stuff, trails around here are fucked. 

58 minutes ago, 800 Dragon said:

snowmobiling in Ontario LMFAO

I sure did LMFAO.....last weekend..in Ontario.....300 miles with my brother and niece.  One of the nicest tours in years.....what's your point?

They had the white haired moron from EC on TV today. I just muted it. Someone should play back his predictions from before this winter to him. We've gone from 24" to 6" of snow here in central Ontario.

The guy is about as credible as Bernie Madoff as a financial advisor yet the media think he's the be all & end all when it comes to weather predictions. All I know is that he suffers from 'verbal diarrhea' when a microphone is shoved in front of him. 

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:48 PM, Poncho said:

I sure did LMFAO.....last weekend..in Ontario.....300 miles with my brother and niece.  One of the nicest tours in years.....what's your point?

Nice trails in Brampton....sword and shield for lunch too :)

6 hours ago, yarddawg said:

Nice trails in Brampton....sword and shield for lunch too :)

Shit the S&S.....that's a long time ago....I saw Chesty Morgan back in the 1970's bouncing her big giant jugs around.....eeeewwww......lol

30 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Shit the S&S.....that's a long time ago....I saw Chesty Morgan back in the 1970's bouncing her big giant jugs around.....eeeewwww......lol

First peeler bar I went to and I was underage.  They had a four drink min I believe. 

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

First peeler bar I went to and I was underage.  They had a four drink min I believe. 

The S & S didn't care what age you were.  The guy surving used to come by with the beer tray, and you are right, it was a 4 beer minimum.  If you weren't drinking, you better leave.  When the S & S closed they put all the bar chairs out by the street for free pick up.  My buddy grabbed 4 of them. They are now in his bar at home in Caledon.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

The S & S didn't care what age you were.  The guy surving used to come by with the beer tray, and you are right, it was a 4 beer minimum.  If you weren't drinking, you better leave.  When the S & S closed they put all the bar chairs out by the street for free pick up.  My buddy grabbed 4 of them. They are now in his bar at home in Caledon.  

Bought many a tray of .25c draft at the S&S, and a lot while i was underage as well!