Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

Went from Pembroke to Rolphton and back on Saturday.  Great trails groomed and plenty of snow.  -20c is tough on a old guy like me. I just couldn't get the cold out of my body all day but the riding was worth it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Went from Pembroke to Rolphton and back on Saturday.  Great trails groomed and plenty of snow.  -20c is tough on a old guy like me. I just couldn't get the cold out of my body all day but the riding was worth it.

Your not old , enough of that Jibba Jabba 

• Like 2

I can't fathom why the wind chill would have been so severe, as the posted trail speed limit is only 50 km/h?  Were you riding like asshats, perhaps? 

5 hours ago, Poncho said:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Reima, belted, done.  If you buy offshore (FXR, etc.) again, you'll be buying soon again. 

You have to be rich, to buy cheap..... :)

I've had Reima before and they are very good, I don't care what it costs.  My old FXR was very warm and lasted 5 or 6 years.   

27 minutes ago, Garth said:

I still wear Reima gear too. Very high quality stuff $$$ at the time but worth it, too bad there gone.

No belt belt on mine though

Garth.... We will need a current picture to verify.... Puzzlers already owns the " Belted jacket " category....... We at FS don't need copycats.........

43 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Garth.... We will need a current picture to verify.... Puzzlers already owns the " Belted jacket " category....... We at FS don't need copycats.........

No copy here! Puzzle must have a parka type jacket?  Mine is short no belt. Are belted makin' a comeback??

9 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Reima, belted, done.  If you buy offshore (FXR, etc.) again, you'll be buying soon again. 

You have to be rich, to buy cheap..... :)

Can you substantiate that claim, "if you buy offshore (FXR, etc) again, you'll be buying soon again"...that seems a bit Trollish.....

I still own a belted Reima and dont wear it on my sled any more.  It is almost 20years old and still is a better jacket than most of the new coats on the market today.

Yes, I can. 

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

Can you substantiate that claim, "if you buy offshore (FXR, etc) again, you'll be buying soon again"...that seems a bit Trollish.....

Yep.  Sometimes you get what you pay for.  There is a reason they were $700 10 years ago. 

The belt is just a bonus. 

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

I still own a belted Reima and dont wear it on my sled any more.  It is almost 20years old and still is a better jacket than most of the new coats on the market today.

Apparently absorbed by Scott.  No idea if they still sell those types of coats.

3 hours ago, Garth said:

I still wear Reima gear too. Very high quality stuff $$$ at the time but worth it, too bad there gone.

No belt belt on mine though

We had good luck with our Coldwave suits and they were still in great shape when we bought the Mustang Ice Riders. I don't mind paying more if I get the quality that goes with it.

Edited by 02sled