Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

33 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Plus Cat and others offer 0%. I'll keep my money in the bank and make money off it while I borrow money for essentially nothing if I can.  Can be smart.

It does not normally make sense to finance anything toys, cars etc.  If they are offering 0-3% and you have the money set aside invested for a much better return, then it can made a lot of sense.  If your set aside isn't doing very well then there better be some explaining to do. 

Then, why are the vast majority financed? :)

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

It does not normally make sense to finance anything toys, cars etc.  If they are offering 0-3% and you have the money set aside invested for a much better return, then it can made a lot of sense.  If your set aside isn't doing very well then there better be some explaining to do. 

Just now, Puzzleboy said:

Then, why are the vast majority financed? :)

Cause I would think for most sledders, they don,t have 20K being stored in a sock waiting to blow it on a sled.

There are probably a few around, that make easy money, and they do need to find a place to blow it, rather than hoarding it.

Nobody stated that to-days kids were great in math. It,s the me, me generation, and they want it all now.

So that is why the vast majority are financed. Is that simple enough for ya ?

It was rhetorical, Fuzzy, obviously.  In an earlier post, I already stated most people can't afford new sleds, so they finance them. 

Try to keep up. 

Just now, Frostynuts said:

Cause I would think for most sledders, they don,t have 20K being stored in a sock waiting to blow it on a sled.

There are probably a few around, that make easy money, and they do need to find a place to blow it, rather than hoarding it.

Nobody stated that to-days kids were great in math. It,s the me, me generation, and they want it all now.

So that is why the vast majority are financed. Is that simple enough for ya ?

20 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't know.  Likely not a good idea to owe more than you are worth, even at low finance rates. 

That seems to be the mode for the "younger" generations. As long as they can make the monthly payment that is all that matters. Who cares what the final cost is.

$15,000 at 6.5% over 5 years will cost $2,609 in interest and monthly payments of $293.49... The only number they care about is the $293.49

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 02sled said:

That seems to be the mode for the "younger" generations. As long as they can make the monthly payment that is all that matters. Who cares what the final cost is.

$15,000 at 6.5% over 5 years will cost $2,609 in interest and monthly payments of $293.49... The only number they care about is the $293.49

When I was single I would blow much more than that in a month partying. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

You have to look at the horsepower in context though.  Sled handling, braking, safety etc. have evolved also. 

A modern 600LC isn't that different from an old 440 in context. 

That was part of my point.  Dont know how far over your head it is.

Now the excuse is we can handle the hp better so we build it.  Faster further.  More kms of trail.  Does riding 300km and not seeing the forest because your watching the close trees really add to the overall enjoyment of the day?

Does it really add enjoyment to the day's ride to know that you could come around the corner and have some asshole fly onto your side of the trail and wreck you or your ride?

What do you see when your going as fast as you can through trees watching for the next asshole.  You see the posts on here every week about guy almost hit me......

30 years ago you picked your way through tight narrow trails.  Yes we went fast as we could at times and yes we hit shit.  But sleds were built stronger and tougher.  Even the doos!  It was an outing.  

Now with high hp alot more deaths and accidents.  More idiots.  Or just speed exposes the idiots better!

• Like 1

That was a response to Blade's post, not yours.  You know, the post immediately preceding mine.  I know; the concept is a bit over your head. 

In any case, post the research that shows more horsepower is causing more accidents. 

We hit WAY more shit on old sleds.  They didn't handle, they didn't stop, they barely even went.  I have quite a few vintage sleds, they almost all had damage on their widest extremities. 

People today are dying from shitty riding and foolish decisions.  That has always existed. 

Sounds like you should ride with Gary.  :)

7 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Now the excuse is we can handle the hp better so we build it.  Faster further.  More kms of trail.  Does riding 300km and not seeing the forest because your watching the close trees really add to the overall enjoyment of the day?

Does it really add enjoyment to the day's ride to know that you could come around the corner and have some asshole fly onto your side of the trail and wreck you or your ride?

What do you see when your going as fast as you can through trees watching for the next asshole.  You see the posts on here every week about guy almost hit me......

30 years ago you picked your way through tight narrow trails.  Yes we went fast as we could at times and yes we hit shit.  But sleds were built stronger and tougher.  Even the doos!  It was an outing.  

Now with high hp alot more deaths and accidents.  More idiots.  Or just speed exposes the idiots better!

Edited by Puzzleboy

http://www.unionleader.com/Weirs-Channel-skimmers-draw-attention-of-law-enforcement

Weirs Channel 'skimmers' draw attention of law enforcement

By DAN SEUFERT
Union Leader Correspondent

Two unidentified men were recorded 'skimming' through the Weirs Channel on Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017. One of the men drove a snowmobile over the water while pulling the second man, who was skiing barefoot behind the snowmobile. (COURTESY OF C.J. GULBICKI) 

LACONIA – Fish and Game officers are looking for two men who “skimmed” for almost a mile on the open waters of the Weirs Channel Saturday afternoon, one driving a snowmobile over the water while pulling the second man, who was skiing barefoot behind him on the water.

Witness C.J. Gulbicki said both men, who are from the Lakes Region, were engaged in a dangerous activity.

Fish and Game Conservation Officer Chris Bryson said if they are identified, they will be charged with reckless conduct. The fine for each man would be $500, he said.

Skimming over open water with snowmobiles is an activity that occurs each spring as the ice melts by daring drivers, Bryson said. But it’s not wise, particularly given that three people died when their snowmobiles went through thin ice on the lake two w

theres a better video out there but I dont know where it is now, from the other side

Edited by steve6

I guess they thought $2.89 a gallon was too much, so they kept on going. 

I seem to recall a photo posted here of a guy on a Polaris doing that naked.....

Edited by Puzzleboy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sksman said:

A/C new small sled..... Have no info but think it's a step in the right direction.

FB_IMG_1488164584576.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bladefever said:

A/C new small sled..... Have no info but think it's a step in the right direction.

FB_IMG_1488164584576.jpg

The 18's are all up on their site now.  This 200 is cool, but only 9 hp.  I heard a couple of the other brands are coming out with something similar.  

9 hp may be weak but it's a start of a new segment that was needed. Perf shops will be along to hop em up a Lil just like the 120's.

It's a Yamaha engine (their logo right on the recoil in the ZR) so you can bet they will have a version as well.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Garth said:

9 hp may be weak but it's a start of a new segment that was needed. Perf shops will be along to hop em up a Lil just like the 120's.

It's a Yamaha engine (their logo right on the recoil in the ZR) so you can bet they will have a version as well.

I agree, it is a step in the right direction.  

1 hour ago, Garth said:

What was the HP rating for the Yamaha SV 80? 

13 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

The 18's are all up on their site now.  This 200 is cool, but only 9 hp.  I heard a couple of the other brands are coming out with something similar.  

I think I will buy one and put 1000 Thundercat motor in it.....lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Garth said:

Not sure but 80cc 2 stroke in the 80's would be a bit more than 9 I'd think. Scoot prob lighter than this new ZR 200 too.

Can't remember but think the 250 Bravo might had been 24 hp ish. Unless you had the 251 Big Bore kit with a can......

• Like 1