Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

13 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I remember going to a local tavern or hotel years ago for the 10 cent draught. We'd have 4-5 guys at the table and by the time everybody bought a round or spent their $2 we'd be feeling pretty good. 

10 cent draughts , really ! Drinking like Pilgrims , sitting around talking about sorghum ......

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

I remember going to a local tavern or hotel years ago for the 10 cent draught. We'd have 4-5 guys at the table and by the time everybody bought a round or spent their $2 we'd be feeling pretty good. 

$2 You could drive your car around for the whole wknd....

10 hours ago, yarddawg said:

Those martial art brothers were pretty tuff.......Slokie or something???

Yes Wally and Raymond, Ray is a friend..  Wally, older brother of Ray, had the Self Defence school. 

Edited by Poncho

14 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Yes Wally and Raymond, Ray is a friend..  Wally, older brother of Ray, had the Self Defence school. 

Wow, blast from the past there. I think Hugh Goodman was a bouncer there as well.

Don't know if you knew of him Poncho? Lot of dust-ups in the S&S parking lot...good times :bc:

4 minutes ago, psledhead said:

Wow, blast from the past there. I think Hugh Goodman was a bouncer there as well.

Don't know if you knew of him Poncho? Lot of dust-ups in the S&S parking lot...good times :bc:

Yes,. Big boy I played football against him.  Are you a Brampton boy?

9 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I remember....getting old....K Coffey says hello

Cool...he's a good dude. And I'm getting old too, was just telling the wife about all the names from the past, she remembers all of them too!

14 hours ago, Poncho said:

That's them.........I remember a Mike as well. He was a good golfer.

Cheers!

43 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Last night we went out for something to eat and a couple of beers. On the way home I stopped at the rail trail in Burnt River and WTF. The trail had been groomed. What a waste of fkn money

They should have looked at the forecast. Monday/Tuesday warm and rain. It's done. 

19 hours ago, 02sled said:

I remember those days... $2 would get me around on the motorcycle for a week

Cliffy I think I recall seeing you around Etobicoke on your moped.

clven.png

Edited by Boered
  • Like 1

The clubs around here have turned everything red. I've seen a few pics of washouts where 'snow bridges' have been melted by the running water. Road running is pretty scratchy too. Apsley got about half an inch on Fri'.

3 hours ago, steve6 said:

Im not sure how much rain is expected but if youre sitting at home this weekend youre missing out.  I think it can survive if they get some snow after.

http://i65.tinypic.com/24e5q10.jpg

IMG_20170304_202103_038.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

Where is that Steve?

I agree; I put 35 miles on from home this aft. There is still a thick ice base on the trails, too bad about all this up down temp as 6" of snow and could be back in biz In much of central Ontario

First pic is trail 54 hill and gully second is on lake of bays south of dwight (on the way to the 54) or as some call it 'south portage'. I went from raven lake through Dwight to Baysville and back yesterday, making a couple stops for diet cokes' on my way.