Check your account email address ×

Holy Cow, looks like that Dodge hit a Semi

• Platinum Contributing Member

We had a buggy/motorcycle crash here this summer. The guy on the bike pulled out to pass a semi at the same time a buggy tried to cross the road. The biker almost cut the horse in half. His body was found 200 feet from the crash site and the bike 300 feet away. Turned out the bike was stolen a couple of weeks earlier. They estimated his speed to be in excess of 100 mph.

The buggies here are usually well lit with LED's now.

Just now, Blackstar said:

We had a buggy/motorcycle crash here this summer. The guy on the bike pulled out to pass a semi at the same time a buggy tried to cross the road. The biker almost cut the horse in half. His body was found 200 feet from the crash site and the bike 300 feet away. Turned out the bike was stolen a couple of weeks earlier. They estimated his speed to be in excess of 100 mph.

their religion is about the dumbest most backwards bullshit in the history of the world ....get a fucking car like the rest of the world 

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

They look like a ufo landing. I was over near the lacrosse area during July. Buggies everywhere. And all those lights. Bright. 

Just now, f7ben said:

their religion is about the dumbest most backwards bullshit in the history of the world ....get a fucking car like the rest of the world 

plenty of our sled trails run across Mennonite property (I believe its more than half of the 30 some in our club). They are very generous.

But I often wonder what they think when we roll through on a Sunday afternoon. The kids will run to the trail and wave.

11 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

They look like a ufo landing. I was over near the lacrosse area during July. Buggies everywhere. And all those lights. Bright. 

I'm in that part of the state plenty and still see many with only a SMV reflective sign on their buggy.  

there are plenty of amish down here and they are all nice as far as I can tell......I just dont understand their backwards clinging to old bullshit ways of life. They make the dumbest exceptions ever 

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

there are plenty of amish down here and they are all nice as far as I can tell......I just dont understand their backwards clinging to old bullshit ways of life. They make the dumbest exceptions ever 

There are so many different orders of Amish and Mennonites its hard to keep track of who believes in what. Some have wooden wheeled buggies, but some have steel wheels. Some still stoop hay with horses while others have tractors and then the tractors don't have cabs but then the next farm will have a skidsteer with a cab.

There's a group of 3 Mennonite guys who regularly pass my house. They have an aluminum framed buggy with steel wheels. They often are smoking cigars and talking on cell phones. I was buying tools at a hardware store that's owned by Mennonites yesterday and there was a group who came in in a black Dodge pick up truck and they were buying cordless tools. The were smoking colts on the sidewalk out front when I left.

Its a cool hardware store these guys run. It caters to contractors and they stock tools that you can't buy off the shelf anywhere else around here. I went to buy a Dewalt cordless SDS Hammerdrill. Closed on Sundays though.....lol

I'd like to learn more about their life.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There are so many different orders of Amish and Mennonites its hard to keep track of who believes in what. Some have wooden wheeled buggies, but some have steel wheels. Some still stoop hay with horses while others have tractors and then the tractors don't have cabs but then the next farm will have a skidsteer with a cab.

There's a group of 3 Mennonite guys who regularly pass my house. They have an aluminum framed buggy with steel wheels. They often are smoking cigars and talking on cell phones. I was buying tools at a hardware store that's owned by Mennonites yesterday and there was a group who came in in a black Dodge pick up truck and they were buying cordless tools. The were smoking colts on the sidewalk out front when I left.

Its a cool hardware store these guys run. It caters to contractors and they stock tools that you can't buy off the shelf anywhere else around here. I went to buy a Dewalt cordless SDS Hammerdrill. Closed on Sundays though.....lol

I like the delayed traffic lights adjusted for horse buggy speeds in your area.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The Mennonite sect here is different.  They have tractor and whatnot, but they have to have steel wheels and no AC.  You see the cab windows fly open pretty quick when they come into view of the roads.  They cannot own vehicles, but they can drive vehicles owned by others.  Same with power tools.

Another sect can have own pretty much whatever they want execpt electronics.  All their vehicles are void of radios, yet they'll have GPS on their tractors.

The small Amish sect is Old Order, so they are old school.  

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I like the delayed traffic lights adjusted for horse buggy speeds in your area.

I like that they built the new Walmart at the north end of town and it has a separate parking area for horse and buggies.

Oh yeah, here's a good fucking idea. Let's take a bunch of kids and put them in a buggy, and we'll ride down a main road.

Knowing that about 1/3 of the fucktards operating a motor vehicle on America's roads are impaired to some degree.

Yeah, we ain't afraid of a fuckin'  5300 pound Dodge truck rammin' us. No, it's our way of life......................NOT!!!

I kind of agree with Ben? (Could be time to put the beer down?) They like to change their rules a lot . From what I understand ,the elders are allowed to take the teenage girls out for test drives? More sick shit in the name of religion!

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I kind of agree with Ben? (Could be time to put the beer down?) They like to change their rules a lot . From what I understand ,the elders are allowed to take the teenage girls out for test drives? More sick shit in the name of religion!

HA!HA! Warren Jeff's group. I wish I could have joined. Nice young pussy. Don't have ta' get there sooner, 'cause it doesn't smell like tuna!!!